Y&R: What's in the Will?

• Members

I don't think anybody is saying that Jack is innocent. Just because you choose a side doesn't mean you think that side is 100% right. I compartmentalize by story. Whereas I feel that Jack is the ass in the story with Victor, I feel that Gloria is the ass in this story of Abbotts versus the Fishers.

And then there's characters I love to hate, like Jack and characters I just simply detest like Gloria. And I am a long time viewer and know these characters histories. Everyone just have different views.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I just watched the episode :lol: Gloria locked out amongst the trash that is her things and Jack waves the new keys in her face. Oh there is sweet justice after all :)

I get what Jack did was despicable but sometimes the ends justify the means... and in this case they do.

• Members

Jack has always had this side to him, he can be as ruthless as Victor. I mean Jack left Victor for dead for god sakes. Lynn is just bringing that dark side back to the forefront which was basically ignored by Jack Smith. In some ways I like it, I would like it alot more if it wasn't being used as to paint Gloria and the Fisher's as the messiahs. We'll see how it works out.

• Members

Jack is best when he's bad, so is Victor (though I do like HFV). Characters don't have to be morally good for me to like them, they have to be well written, flawed and complex! Gloria is none of those things with Judith Chapman in the role. She's a one note villian who after doing bad things clams up and says "Why me?!" I HATE characters like that.

I agree with the poster who said since she will never pay for her crimes, BRING ON THE TORTURE!!

• Members
I'm wondering now, if this treatment of Gloria (the "new" will, being thrown uncerimoniously out of the mansion) is going to be her payback for the skin cream fiasco. Looks like she is going to hit rock bottom..well, maybe not rock bottom as she has two sons she can move in with, but you know what I mean. OR, will they go so far as to have Gloria suffer then prevail in the end once Jack is exposed for creating a fake will. THEN have her get all comfy and cozy, and BAM! The skin cream tampering and her connection to it comes to light a long way down the road (i.e. _the Daniel/Alex/Lily situation....Malcolm/Dru/Neil).

• Members

I am willing to accept that. I loved seeing her with her trashbags. It was like the highlight of the year for me I wish I would have taped it. All I ask of Lynn is to have Gloria pay for her crimes. That's it. Maybe this is Lynn's pseudo way of doing it... but if you ask me, Lynn needs to cut her losses and plan an exit for Gloria. The character is hated by alot of fans.

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Aug 25 2006, 07:09 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Jack is best when he's bad, so is Victor (though I do like HFV). Characters don't have to be morally good for me to like them, they have to be well written, flawed and complex! Gloria is none of those things with Judith Chapman in the role. She's a one note villian who after doing bad things clams up and says "Why me?!" I HATE characters like that.

I agree with the poster who said since she will never pay for her crimes, BRING ON THE TORTURE!!

ICAM.

Hopefully Michael will find his grandmother alive, and she's being played by either Cloris Leachman, Dixie Carter, Vickie Lawrence or Dianne Caroll( hey they are from New Orleans soooo you never know). There has got to be something in Michael's past that will swipe that smug smile off Gloria's face.

• Members

Why do you all watch soaps if you want instant gratification/resolution to story lines? Gloria hasn't climed high enough up the pedestal to fall with a thud. So far she's only been able to get halfway up. Considering that Lynn Latham brought Daniel's crime out into the light of day after Jackass Smith swept it under the rug, I do believe that Gloria will be made to pay for the skin cream crime. But it won't happen right away because there is plenty of storyline left for Gloria before she goes. Be patient!

• Members

I am rooting for Jack too, and I think he has definitely done wrong. Getting his father to write out that will was all kinds of evil, not because of what it did to Gloria, but because he was taking advantage of his [father at a time when he was not in his right mind. Poor John.

But Gloria deserves to be out on the streets looking into the Abbott home and surrounded by what she believed to be trash. She is trash. She has done one wrong thing after another. She did not pursue John because he was a nice man and lie to him because he wouldn't understand her past. She pursued John because he was a very rich man and she lied to him because she thought she wouldn't have stood a chance if he knew the truth about who she was. And now she's finally beginning to pay the price.

I don't know what Jack could possibly do to make me side with Gloria in this matter.

• Members

The simple fact is, if John ever knew Gloria was the one who tainted the cream and conspired to get Jack fired, he would have drop kicked her seven ways to Sunday. John maybe a forgiving person but John would have never forgave that. So Gloria is getting pay back for that reprehensible thing she did which IMO is far worse than what Jack did. Gloria injured a young child, John's grandaughter for god sakes and probably led to the death of an innocent woman, not to mention damaging a company already on shakey ground and getting John's son removed from the company. She deserves far worse than she is getting IMO but hey I can settle for trash bags. It was priceless and then Lauren asking her if she wants to unpack them

:lol::lol:

Archived