Justin Timberlake BLASTS Taylor Hicks

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

Now TimberAss and his Reps are trying to backtrack......... :rolleyes:

Timberlake backtracks after criticizing Hicks

Representative says singer ‘has tremendous affection’ for Idol

Updated: 3:42 p.m. CT Aug 17, 2006

NEW YORK - Justin Timberlake backtracked from criticism of “American Idol” winner Taylor Hicks after telling Fashion Rocks magazine the 29-year-old soul singer “can’t carry a tune in a bucket.”

“I have a strange relationship with that show,” Timberlake tells the magazine in an interview. “I despise it, and yet I’m completely fascinated.”

“The guy who won — people think he looks so normal, and he’s so sweet, and he’s so earnest, but he can’t carry a tune in a bucket. Do you realize how much pressure it is to put on somebody all of a sudden?”

Timberlake, a member of boy band ’N Sync who is now pursuing a solo career, also said: “If he has any skeletons whatsoever; if, God forbid, he’s gay, and all these people in Mississippi who voted for him are like, ‘Oh, my God, I voted for a queer!’ It’s just too much pressure.”

Liz Morentin, a representative for Hicks’ record label, RCA, declined to comment Thursday.

Ken Sunshine, Timberlake’s representative, said the 25-year-old singer’s comments “were taken completely out of context.”

“He has tremendous affection for Taylor Hicks’ success,” Sunshine told The Associated Press on Thursday. “He would never say anything that personal about somebody he’s never met. He only wishes him the best.”

Timberlake’s second solo album, “FutureSex/LoveSounds,” is set for release Sept. 12. “Sexyback,” his first single from the CD, began playing on U.S. radio outlets last month.

“I wanted (the album) to look to a time when everything was really sexy,” he says. “Maybe everybody was coked up, but who cares? It was hot. It was all about sex.”

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whenever folks draw attention to themselves are made to look like morons for sticking their foot in their mouth, they hurry up and have their reps saying "Oh that was taking completely out of context." Whatever, if JT said it, he said it and meant what he said; now he looks like an even bigger fool for having his reps trying to take it back.

• Members

I agree. He's definitely a Timber-Ass!

anyway...

"

“I wanted (the album) to look to a time when everything was really sexy,” he says. “Maybe everybody was coked up, but who cares? It was hot. It was all about sex.”

That just makes me hate this guy even more. What a stupid thing to say. Publicity whore.

• Members

I cant stand JT! Who is he to try and out Hicks anyway? I am not a fan of Hicks music whatsoever, but who cares what the guy does between the sheets? Why are so many people obsessed if so and so is gay, I just dont get it......

I am from the south, I wouldnt care either way if Hicks did the sucky sucky.

• Members

But that's because you're bi, Kirk, so you wouldn't care. I agree that it's silly to speculate but everyone is guilty of it. Maybe not everyone hates on those who are gay or bi but pretty much EVERYONE cares. I care, too. I can't explain why but it's just interesting. Come on, who doesn't want to know if the rumors about Hugh Jackman and the ones about certain soap stars are true? Perhaps it comes from the fact that, in some sense, it gives 'regular people' the delusion that they're that closer to bedding such celebrity, who knows the reason, but people do care about these things. And that's never going to change!

• Members

Why does Justin even care? He's not that great of a singer himself. He acts like a Michael Jackson-wannabe, and thinks he's so tough b/c of that fisaco at the Superbowl. Justin, it happened years ago. Nobody cares!

Remember when he had a nasty blonde afro and sang all those sucky songs w/ NSYNC? He's the last person to criticize other singers IMO.

• Members

When they found out about the fact that he was gay and the sex scandal-him going on online gay hookup sites and getting sex without protecting himself, and the pics of him were in Star magazine- the fans wanted their money back and wanted to sue AI for misleading them about Clay not being heterosexual. I know some were mad that he was gay, and some were more mad at AI for "misleading" them.

Archived