Arrest in JonBenet Ramsey case

Chanel

• Members

I didn't think the parents did it. You can't believe everything that the media says because they just love to spin stuff.

IA! If I were to see my child like that, the first thought in my mind would not be focused on any crime scene. Its my child and I just found her dead.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read that John Mark Karr claims that he drugged JonBenet and had sex with her...Wouldn't this have been found out some time ago? If she were drugged, wouldn't that information already be mentioned?

The first news story I read said that Karr strangled JonBenet when his plan to obtain a $118,000 ransom went wrong; how he's admitting to having drugged the girl, having sex with her, then accidentally killed her.

Also, it was said that the Ramsey's knew of Karr some time ago....Something is off regarding this whole thing...At least it seems that way to me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/ap_on_...benet_ramsey_63

• Members

One thing to keep in mind is that the police said Karr knew specifics about aspects of the case that were never made public knowledge. Who's to say exactly what the police told the public was 100% accurate out of necessity in an instance such as this. If the police were to tell everything there was to know, then any joe-schmo off the street could walk up, spill details, and claim to know the truth by retelling everything that's already public knowledge. The key evidence, from what I can gather, is that Karr related details that no one, other than the police and the killer (and perhaps the Ramseys, if they'd been told), could've possibly known.

One thing to keep in mind is that the police said Karr knew specifics about aspects of the case that were never made public knowledge. Who's to say exactly what the police told the public was 100% accurate out of necessity in an instance such as this. If the police were to tell everything there was to know, then any joe-schmo off the street could walk up, spill details, and claim to know the truth by retelling everything that's already public knowledge. The key evidence, from what I can gather, is that Karr related details that no one, other than the police and the killer (and perhaps the Ramseys, if they'd been told), could've possibly known.

• Members

My friend told me there is a theory going around the guy is falsely confessing with wrong details so he can retract it and then sign a book deal?

Sounds like a lot of stress to make some dough, but whatevs.

Archived