GH: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Super hero?? Don't see it....it more just plain villains and the super heroes acting like dumb asses....Ron Carlivati just doesn't know how to write a soap period...having two main characters as villians in same story is overkill. Then we have Nina, Auntie and Mama all villians with only Nathan is a hero.....a dumb one at that.....Then we have a mellowed Sonny and Roger Howarth's character...that makes 7 villains......Brit would be 8 but she has been tamed....oh lets not forget Ava..that makes 8 but Jillian doesnt count...he would make it 9 but he is a joke of a villian and so is Tony Geary's fake Luke...but if you include them you have 10 villains.....talk about overkill.

• Members

A lot of soap writers have this problem with writing heroes. They all pay lip service to this idea about writing gray characters and how that is more interesting, blah blah blah, but then they want to tell stories with villains. Villains need heroes to thrive and the more pure the hero the more breathing room the villain has to play around and contrast with him. Guza and now RC always got/get this wrong . You can't do a satisfying story about Ava killing Connie when our hero Sonny killed AJ and he isn't paying for his crime, and romantic heroine Carly is helping him hide the murder. So if the heroes do this stuff what makes Ava the villain? Gray characters are fine but not in stories of good vs evil. One of AMC's best villains was Liza Colby but she in comparison to other forgotten villains barely did anything criminal. She was just blessed with having relentlessly pure Jenny to play off of, making her slightest moral failing come across as especially evil. Julian shot at Sean...terrible crime except Sean gets paid to shoot people himself so who really cares if he lives or dies, certainly not the police.

• Members

Long past time! Jerry Jacks showing up is supposed to be compelling? How so when we know he is going to pop up eventually. At least Guza made his escapes more believable. Craptini had this clown deathly ill (impossible that he got the cure from Luke) and he fell off of a damn building. GH is a house for clowns now! A total circus!

There are no villains on this show! Just clowns!

I agree, but I think CarSon's luck has finally run out. That fugly necklace is not solely for the purpose of a CarSon sex tape. They've been incriminating themselves left, right and sideways in between romps. Not only is Sonny going down, Carly will to.

When you really think about it, Q, what show really has a good villain like the villains we were accustomed to back in the day?

• Members

The necklace is an obvious setup for Sonny (and Carly?) to be 'framed' for the murder of Ava. I'm sure this will be used by the show as a way to morally exonerate them for what Sonny did to A.J - hey, he did this but he didn't do that!

Sonny should go down for both, and be gone for at least six months.

• Members

I cant believe that thot Liz, tried to call Brad out on being thirsty for the mystery patient. Bitch, you the one drooling at his bed side even when you aren't working

How dumb of the show to have the cold opening be about Nik lashing out at Britt for lying when it was obvious it was a nightmare. I cant believe they carried this out for half the show

erHrg9K.jpg?1

When did Tyler get that tat on his left shoulder I don't recall it. Very un-prince like

What the heck is Rosalie's secret?

Is this the first time Morgan has interacted with Britt? I cant recall from before

Why is Koka back already? It feels like she just left

• Members

Seriously. When Keku showed up on my screen today I let out a huge groan. I was hoping she'd be on that island for a long time.

The milk cartons were a success! Lucas is back tomorrow and FINALLY interacting with Maxie.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they already have Silas finding out a whole lot about Nina since I figured they'd drag that out for as long as possible. I'm really tired of Nina being on every day though. Oh goodie, Rosalie has a secret.

The Nik/Britt stuff was such an obvious fake out - eye roll.

I don't mind the Jason/Liz stuff, but I'm going to need something to actually happen here. How many days can we possibly have of "Jake" and Liz acting all chummy in his hospital room?

I swear we've heard Sonny and Shawn have this same conversation about taking Franco out 100 times now.

• Members

So whatever tube Jason ripped out when he came back to life, changed his voice permanently? And the reconstructive face surgery was so intense that he got a brand spankin new face that no one who loved him recognizes even just a tad?...Alrighty then.

Archived