Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Your Favorite Soap Characters Who are Often Forgotten

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 carolineg

carolineg

Recurring

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hadn't Crystal Carson made the decision to bow out of acting by then?  As much as I'd have loved to have seen the issues unfold and eventually come to a head between the two sisters (as opposed to her simply visiting my girl and returning for her funeral), I can't see how that would've worked if she hadn't wanted to reprise that role long-term.  I'm just glad that they'd gotten closure before Brenda's "death", period.

I believe she gave up acting later.  From what I recall, she was actually going to come back long term in 97/98, but it was scrapped to get money for KMc's return.  I think she was open to returning in the 90's. 

#42 greens_dupres

greens_dupres

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

GH

Tania Jones

oh good one. i liked what ive seen of her.

#43 full hearts

full hearts

Recurring

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Y&R- Tricia Dennison, Ryan McNeil, Brittany Hodges, Raul, 

I loved all four of those characters. 

2256636363_1.jpg

l.jpg

#44 Antoyne

Antoyne

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 7,121 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

GH:
Faith Roscoe
Ric Lansing

DAYS:
Cassie Brady
Tony DiMera

#45 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Jitterbug

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

the character could have been easily recast and should have been. I could see someone like Rebecca Staab playing her

I'll be honest - I wouldn't have accepted a Julia recast in the same way that I wasn't able to accept the Lois recast.  

#46 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Jitterbug

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

I believe she gave up acting later.  From what I recall, she was actually going to come back long term in 97/98, but it was scrapped to get money for KMc's return.  I think she was open to returning in the 90's. 

I'm not sure how to feel about this, considering how pissed off I was (and still am) with the way they'd written Robin out in 1999.  

#47 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 38,490 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'll be honest - I wouldn't have accepted a Julia recast in the same way that I wasn't able to accept the Lois recast.  

i thought LK did great!

#48 P.J.

P.J.

~~ATWT's Money Couple~~

• Members
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

GL's nurse Katie Parker. I loved Denise Pence back in the day.

#49 katie_9918

katie_9918

Recurring

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

GL's nurse Katie Parker. I loved Denise Pence back in the day.

Katie Parker was one of those awesome characters who had her own involvements, but was in a place to see and hear A LOT.

Good pick! I do remember Katie, very vaguely, but my Katie love has come from YT and the DVDs. She had some great moments.

#50 P.J.

P.J.

~~ATWT's Money Couple~~

• Members
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

^^^I don't even think she had more than one romance her entire time in Springfield. Her main function was as Floyd's sister and Hillary's BFF.

#51 Gemma

Gemma

Dayplayer

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

GH:
Faith Roscoe
Ric Lansing

DAYS:
Cassie Brady
Tony DiMera

Ditto to Faith Roscoe and Ric Lansing. Faith was finally becoming three-dimensional. Ric, oh where do I start. Amazing actor, loved him on GL as well, and he gets to be Sonny's foil for years. Wasted talent and he what a sexy guy and very handsome as well.

Ditto to V (Venus Ardonowski). She had such great chemistry with Jax, a breath of fresh air. She was beautiful but not the traditional type of woman. It's too long a list of characters trashed for the almighty Brenda.

#52 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,562 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

^^^I don't even think she had more than one romance her entire time in Springfield. Her main function was as Floyd's sister and Hillary's BFF.

She had two (a doctor - can't remember his name, and then Andy Norris), but you're right. She was mostly in those roles.

She was the perfect supporting character that soaps don't seem to know how to do now. I wish they'd kept her on.

#53 P.J.

P.J.

~~ATWT's Money Couple~~

• Members
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

^^^this is so funny...I remember a Dr (or probably intern) Louie being smitten with her---he ended up being the one who helped Maeve hide Ben from Kyle (or something...) and the thing with Andy Norris (or Andy Ferris I get those two mixed up) where he lied and used her.

#54 Sindacco

Sindacco

Contract

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

DAYS

Alex Marshall

Harper Deveraux

Nick Corelli

Peter Blake

Jude St. Clair

Franco Kelly

Brandon Walker

Edited by Sindacco, 05 February 2013 - 10:22 PM.

#55 katie_9918

katie_9918

Recurring

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

She had two (a doctor - can't remember his name, and then Andy Norris), but you're right. She was mostly in those roles.

She was the perfect supporting character that soaps don't seem to know how to do now. I wish they'd kept her on.

Funny that he should come up. I'm pretty sure that was Mark Hamilton and despite knowing exactly who he is through the German DVDs, I never knew his full name until I stumbled on Marsha Clark's (ex-Hillary) Guiding Plight parody on YT.

I had the pleasure of seeing Denise Pence back in October and she is still fabulous!

The best analogy to Katie Parker I can think of is GH's Amy Vining, though I think Katie was less comic relief than Amy was.

Edited by katie_9918, 05 February 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#56 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Jitterbug

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

i thought LK did great!

Not as Lois, she didn't.

#57 katie_9918

katie_9918

Recurring

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Not as Lois, she didn't.

I think I'm the only person who couldn't stand Lois from day one no matter who played her.

#58 DRW50

DRW50

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 52,562 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

I think I'm the only person who couldn't stand Lois from day one no matter who played her.

I didn't like the character mostly because I didn't like Ned and I didn't like her constant Quartermaine bashing and smugness, but I think we're among the few. 

Funny that he should come up. I'm pretty sure that was Mark Hamilton and despite knowing exactly who he is through the German DVDs, I never knew his full name until I stumbled on Marsha Clark's (ex-Hillary) Guiding Plight parody on YT.

I had the pleasure of seeing Denise Pence back in October and she is still fabulous!

The best analogy to Katie Parker I can think of is GH's Amy Vining, though I think Katie was less comic relief than Amy was.

She and Mark were great together. It was so nice to have such a fun couple - and everyday banter and fun, not annoying hijinks - admist the soap misery. 

I think the character lost most of her voice and role in later years, which is a shame.

#59 VirginiaHamilton

VirginiaHamilton

Jitterbug

• Members
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

One of the reasons why I loved OG Lois was because she never backed down from her core values, in spite of the peer pressure to think and act like a Q.  As much fondness as I have for that family, I'm equally fond of someone who won't allow them to browbeat them into becoming their puppet.  

Furthermore, I thought she was an excellent representative of someone that wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth who fell in love with someone who had been and was trying to stay true to herself by keeping her head above water.

#60 katie_9918

katie_9918

Recurring

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

One of the reasons why I loved OG Lois was because she never backed down from her core values, in spite of the peer pressure to think and act like a Q.  As much fondness as I have for that family, I'm equally fond of someone who won't allow them to browbeat them into becoming their puppet.  

Furthermore, I thought she was an excellent representative of someone that wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth who fell in love with someone who had been and was trying to stay true to herself by keeping her head above water.

Oh, I did admire Lois. I just never liked her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users