• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

Wow you go BBT

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/09/28/the-big-bang-theory-gains-an-additional-0-2-ratings-points-to-a-5-0-in-adults-18-49-marking-its-biggest-premierein-demo-and-viewers/150667/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

:

"

The Big Bang Theory" GAINS AN ADDITIONAL +0.2 RATING POINTS TO A 5.0 IN ADULTS 18-49, MARKING ITS BIGGEST PREMIERE IN THE DEMO AS WELL AS VIEWERS

The Big Bang Theory was adjusted upwards +0.2 rating points among adults 18-49 to 5.0/16, marking its biggest premiere in adults 18-49, according to updated Nielsen ratings for Thursday, Sept. 27.

The Big Bang Theory also recorded premiere highs in viewers, with 15.66m.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I got that feeling too. "It's like we both had these holes in our lives but now we fill each other's holes." :lol:

I don't really care for Stuart and disappointed he's a regular now. I miss the show when it was just Penny and the four guys. The four guys are spending less and less time together which sucks.

• Members

That was a funny line. Yeah, it feels like this season (just a feeling, I don't read BBT spoilers) they could be seriously considering making him gay depending on how the viewers react. I'd be fine if they did.

I have no opinion of Stuart either way, but if they had to chose one, I'm glad they chose Stuart over Kripke, Kripke annoys the crap out of me.

I totally get what you're saying Toups, I also miss the old days when it was just the 4 guys and Penny. However, I feel in order to keep the series going and fresh, new characters were needed. Howard at the beginning was a nerdy creepy womanizer that women wanted, that starts out funny, but by season 6 that would have gotten old and pathetic and no longer funny, he needed a "Bernadette" (whom I loved instantly) to help him and show evolve. I didn't like Amy at first, but now I really enjoy her. I both women have added to the show and kept it fresh and allows them to tell stories they otherwise couldn't have, similar to the way Frasier and Rebecca did for Cheers. I've been watching Cheers on Netflix and by season 4, Cheers started becoming stale to me, but once Frasier was made a regular and Rebecca arrived they brought much needed new life to the show.

Edited by wingwalker

• Members

I like Stuart, mostly because the guy who plays him is so good at sardonic, depressed humor - that's the type of humor Sheldon used to do a long time ago before they softened his edges. He adds a different flavor to the show.

I feel like Penny no longer has a place on the show, and I'm not a huge fan of the Howard/Bernadette relationship, mostly because it seems very one-note. Miyam Bialik is hilarious and has this rough, weird energy which makes the show stand out. I wish they'd do more with her beyond the Sheldon nomance.

I don't think they'd make Raj gay, I think they're just trolling viewers. Having Stuart walk out of the bedroom? Come on. I almost wish they would, because Raj is so damn adorable and it would be nice to see a likeable gay guy on a show, but I doubt it's happening.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

It's rare that the characters I want to see gay are gay. Maybe it's for the best, I don't know. I just wish he could have a story beyond being a sad sack. He's so cute, and sweet, and rich, it's unrealistic even for a sitcom that people are not all over him.

• 2 weeks later...