Survivor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good news and bad news...

Thursday's launch of "Survivor: Cook Islands," featuring four racially based "tribes" of whites, blacks, Asian-Americans and Latinos, averaged 18 million viewers, easily ranking as the night's biggest broadcast in U.S. prime time.

But it also was the least-watched "Survivor" season opener -- and the lowest-rated in terms of advertisers' favorite audience, viewers aged 18 to 49 -- since the very first installment in the summer of 2000 (15.5 million).

• Members

Wow! Really? When I read 18 million, I definitely did not think that it was the lowest rated. I actually thought that would have been pretty damn good.

One thing is for sure - quality-wise, this season is going to be better than the last two, IMO. It's already been better. LOL.

• Members

Haha - this was a great episode.

First, the Billy/Candace thing....I can't even think of which one Candace is right now, but LMAO! That was so random and an obvious cry for attention.

I was happy Yul found the immunity - I really just like the entire Asian tribe and hope they all do well.

JP is so hot. There I said it.

Oh and I think that the other Asian guy, not Yul or 'Cowboy' but the other one, is gay. Just a guess.

• Members

I've heard that JP is bisexual.

Anyways, I loved this episode. Although, I really hate JP & Ozzy. Throwing a challenge is so stupid in Survivor. I hope Cristina can somehow save herself.

Wasn't surprised that Yul found the idol. When they exiled him I just had a feeling he'd find it. Glad that Yul & Becky made an alliance.

Next Week it looks like Parvati is shown alot. Of course Survivor will edit it her poorly. They always give bad edits to the pretty girls. They don't have enough guts like BB to make a sexy woman there herione.

• Members

Wow. What a GREAT episode. So much development. I loved the combined challenge! Personally ... I wouldn't mind each season having a combined/reward challenge. It left a lot of time for tribal interaction.

Aitu

Billy - I felt bad for him. But STEP UP man. WORK.

Cecilia - Something about her I like. I hope we see more of her.

Cristina - Wow. For someone INVISIBLE last episode ... I loved her tonight. I fear she's on borrowed time though if Aitu loses before a swap.

Ozzy - Grr .... his attitude irritated the hell out of me.

JP - [!@#$%^&*].

I can't believe I was loving Ozzy and JP before tonight. Yuck. And LMAO at the "romance" between Candice and Billy. Whaaa --?

Puka

I knew they'd be edited as UTR. I see them being together for a while ...

Brad - UTR. Not much out of him

Jenny - had a "bad wind" ...

Cao Boi - still skating on thin ice but enjoyable, to me at least.

Yul - He rocks. I am totally rooting for him. And unlike Terry, I CHEERED when he found the hidden idol!

Becky - She struck up an alliance with Yul. I sense a gamer in her. I'm glad we saw more of her tonight. She's one to watch now.

Raro

I think they go next to Tribal Council. More development than Hiki and Puka ... clearly definining who lies where. I think Parvati's toast. Flirting and romancing doesn't seem to work anymore (hello? Misty? Yeah ... meet your double, Parvati).

Jonathan - I like him. I'm surprised but I do.

Adam - idiot.

Candice - not much out of her. I want to root for her, but meh.

Parvati - I love her, which is why she's probably out next, LOL. I just have this weird feeling about her.

Jessica - I like her more than Courtney. I definitely see her and Jonathan -- of all people -- striking up an alliance. But if Candice, Parvati and Adam join together, she's probably out.

Hiki

Who? Were they on tonight? LOL.

Nate - Not much. Couldn't get fire. I enjoy his laugh. Seems so full of life.

Rebecca - Started the fire. Not much else.

Sundra - who?

Stephannie - who?

Overall ... I think we'll see a gal out next. I bet it's from Raro. I really sense they are going to Tribal next, just from the edits they got tonight. Small chance Puka goes and it's Cao Bo. But IMO, I think after tonight we have the next boot from each tribe (before a swap): Hiki -- Stephannie, Aitu -- Cristina, Raro -- at least one of the girls and Puka -- Cao Boi.

I'm loving this season so far. Brad IS gay. JP is probably bi (strikes me as the type) -- I've heard he works part time at a gay bar in Cali.

• Members

Mmhmm. I'm dying for Raro to go to Tribal Council next. I'm convinced they will. But why is Parvati even bothering to flirt -- it's only going to draw attention to herself. I don't want her voted out third! That'll be 3 seasons in a row when the third episode bootee is a hot girl out, with black hair and more game they we were shown (Brianna, Misty...).

Candice, Parvati and Jessica ... one of them is out ... which one? I can see Parvati has game. Did you catch her wicked smile in the preview? Candice is disappointing me. I was hoping for another Kelly Goldsmith but we're getting a Kim Mullen (Kim was quite game savvy, it was just never shown).

Aitu strikes me as the type of tribe to do well (yes even though they threw the challenge) but to get picked off because they're all physical threats. I mean ... that tribe is wicked strong.

Archived