Survivor: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

As well it should. Can you IMAGINE the editing on that? Yuck. I dread it.

And I checked the Early Show page, and the upcoming shows is updated, but nothing about Survivor ... yet. If I remember correctly, they usually update it right before the segment premieres the following day. I think it might be on Monday, but we'll see.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, unfortunately, Bob and Piercy are no longer listed as potential cast members. Drat. We'll see though.

And rumor has it two hispanics (a guy and a girl) will be in the cast as well. I'm really beginning to think we may get division by race, which would be the most stupidest idea. ever.

• Members

Oh [!@#$%^&*].

TrueDorkTimes updated his scorecard today. Appears to be it's true: RACIAL DIVISION.

One tribe of 5 white people. One tribe of 5 hispanics. One tribe of 5 asians and one tribe of 5 african-americans.

Steve, Tracie and Sarah have been removed from the scorecard. None of the contestants so far are over 30... which blows, but there's still a tone more slots.

We do have two new players though:

Please register in order to view this content

http://www.truedorktimes.com/survivor_cook_islands/images/cast/preshow/cecilia.jpg[/img[

Cecilia, a 29 year old accountant from Oakland, CA

becky.jpg

Becky Lee, a 28 year old attorney from Washington D.C.

Jessica "Flica" Smith, Adam Gentry and Brad Virata are still listed as contestants.

It's a shame it took 13 seasons and a stupid twist like this to get hispanics and asians better represented. This is how Survivor should be, a decent mixing of races, etc. But NOT divided by racial lines. What a ridiculous idea!

• Members

Heh. I like her too. Looks hot. Hopefully she's not another Misty (smart, attractive but perceived as weak) or an early boot. I hate the small tribes though because I don't want to see four women get bounced right from the start again. Guys need a little eye-candy too...

And again, it sucks we have to have this stupid race divide to finally get what should of been done from the start - a true representation of races.

Oh, and sad news to report... not about S13, but about Survivor 11: Guatemala's Lydia. Her son was killed in a car accident :( My thoughts and prayers go out to her.

• Members

It's official! 20 castaways divided by race!

Here's the cast list (I'll edit as I get more names; Harry Smith read them too damn fast and I could barely catch them, on multiple viewings).

ASIAN-AMERICAN TRIBE:

- Anh-Tuan (Cao Boi) Bui, 42, Nail Salon Manager, Christianburg VA

68x78_cao.jpg

- Rebekah (Becky) Lee, 28, Attorney, Washington D.C.

68x78_becky.jpg

- Brad Virata, 29, Fashion Director, Los Angeles CA

68x78_brad.jpg

- Jenny Guzon-Bae, 36, Real Estate Agent, Lake Forest IL

68x78_jenny.jpg

- Yul Kwan, 31, Management Consultant, San Mateo, CA

68x78_yul.jpg

AFRICAN-AMERICAN TRIBE:

- Rebecca Borman, 34, Make-Up Artist, Laurelton NY

68x78_rebecca.jpg

- Sundra Oakley, 31, Actress, Los Angeles CA

68x78_sundra.jpg

- Stephannie Favor, 35, Nursing Student, Columbia SC

68x78_stephannie.jpg

- Nathan Gonzales, 26, Retail Sales, Los Angeles CA

68x78_nathan.jpg

- Sekou Bunch, 45, Jazz Musician/Recording Artist, Los Angeles CA

68x78_sekou.jpg

THE WHITE TRIBE:

- Jessica 'Flica' Smith, 27, Rollergirl, Chico CA

68x78_jessica.jpg

- Adam Gentry, 28, Copier Sales, San Diego CA

68x78_adam.jpg

- Parvati Shallow, 23, Boxer/Waitress, Los Angeles CA

68x78_parvati.jpg

- Jonathan Penner, 44, Writer/Producer, Los Angeles CA

68x78_jonathan.jpg

- Candice Woodcock, 23, Pre-Med Student, Fayetteville NC

68x78_candice.jpg

THE HISPANIC TRIBE:

- Virgilio (Billy) Garcia, 36, Heavy Metal Guitarist, New York City, NY

68x78_billy.jpg

- Cecilia Mansilla, 29, Technology Risk Consulant, Oakland, CA

68x78_cecilia.jpg

- Oscar (Ozzy) Lusth, 25, Waiter, Venice CA

68x78_ozzy.jpg

- Cristina Coria, 35, Police Officer, Los Angeles CA

68x78_cristina.jpg

- John (J.P.) Calderone, 30, Professional Volley Ball Player, Marina Del Ray CA

68x78_jp.jpg

* Insterestingly enough, Mike Boogie on BB7 had said at one point that Jonathan Penner would be on the show. And he is!

And Jeff Probst denied the race twist was a "stunt" (It is, IMO) to garner attention (gimme a break! of course it is!). He does say they got a lot of flack for not having a more ethnically diverse cast each season, so they purposely went out and were making it a totally diverse cast, and that's how the twist was formed.

• Members

The official cast picture:

S13FullCast.jpg

And an interview with Jeff Probst about the twist:

http://asapblogs.typepad.com/theslug/2006/...exclusive_.html

EDIT:

After reading the interview, I am REALLY excited for Season 13! God damn it can't come soon enough! And the last part of the interview just makes me all that more encouraged. Probst seems very happy about how filming turned out (which ended I think only a few weeks ago). I'm jazzed. Sounds like we have a lot of regular folk (although recruited), which is WHAT THIS SHOW NEEDS.

• Members

Ok I LOVE how they have so much diversity this year, but I HATE how they've segregated the tribes....

Maybe my opinion will change after the show starts, but that is just ridiculous to me right now.

Also, I'm wondering how long the tribes will stay together - I mean what's the point if they are just going to mix them after 2 weeks like they did last year?

Archived