Pirates of the Caribbean

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved the first POTC... but Dead Man's Chest... was a mess! Convoluted, overdone, not cohesive, and there are many pretzel plot contrivances. I was very disappointed.

Johnny Depp, was wonderful as the deranged scoundrel Jack Sparrow.. CAPTAIN!

Orlando Blooms "Will Turner" drove no action and his role fell flat in this one.

Kiera Knightly's "Elizabeth Swann" pissed me off.

It was very much a "TO BE CONTINUED" and was basically all set up. It also bit off Jedi (ewok village and spit) and Empire (the ending). And I swear if Elizabeth and Will turn out to be siblings I'll scream! LOL

Three is supposed to be much better. This one actually felt LONGER than it's 2.5 hrs.

• Members

Thanks God! I thought I was the only person who hated it. Loved the first one, majorly disappointed in this one. I agree with all of your points. Weak story that was really hard to follow and so many contrived scenes I was ready to scream. What I thought was really missing was the comraderie and chemistry between the three leads. What happened to Jack and Will's friendship? Where did Elizabeth's attraction to Jack come from? I hope 3 is better but at this point I won't be rushing to the theatre.

• Members

ICAM! No you're not the only one. I went with 5 friends and we all left the theater going WTF? And we were all fans of the first one! Very convoluted plot (actually, I call it "the kitchen sink") because there's so many different subplots going on and none are explained fully. Very contrived scenes and action scenes just for the sake of having an action scene.

You hit the nail on the head with the missing camraderie. That's what bit the big one. There is NONE between Will and Jack. And Elizabeth is already crying in an empty church BEFORE the wedding gets interupted. She doesn't want to get married, I think. Why? Well, this movie has you thinking it's because she's got the hots for Jack Sparrow. I don't get it (not that I don't prefer him to Will, myself, but they set up the Romeo/Juliet thing with Will & Liz in the first one and I want it actualized). The kiss between them didn't bother me much because I thought it was obvious that she was setting him up (and handcuffing him to the boat) but the compass stuff really ticked me off. My theory, and I'm sticking to it until I'm forced not to, LOL is that it's not Jack Sparrow that she wants... but it's a pirate that she wants to be. She wants the freedom, always has. Always loved Pirates. So maybe she's confused the two, but there's no way I want her with Jack in the end. Sorry. LOL

• Members

Oh yes that would explain it.

At that time and in the seat I was sitting in I would have fallen asleep.

Yes we have normal seating as like any othe cinema in the world, but our cinema has 20 screens in total and 3 of those are in special cinema.

They are called Gold Class and have only 32 seats in them, but they are recliner seats, and in this one you get waited on as you can order hot food and alcohol to brought to you at various times during the movie.

http://www.villagecinemas.com.au/Cinema/goldclass.asp

GCchair.gif

Archived