Pirates of the Caribbean

• Members

Went to see what all the hub-bub was about tonight, since this is still raking in the cash.

<_<

I was only slightly entertained and left feeling disappointed.

I swear, every 15-20 minutes, my 10 yr old son was asking me, "How much longer until the end?" With a bored look on his face. Trust, I was working the hell out of the light on my cell phone constantly checking the time. <_< I liked Captain Jack, as usual, but they really didn't give him all that much to actually DO until damn near the end when Elizabeth saw him rowing away from the Black Pearl and his subsequent return. Now THAT part I liked. Most of what he did before that was foolish bullshit. WAY too much going on and unecessary and could have been cut out. A lot of the action and fighting sequences dragged on far too long. The 3-way swordfight on the beach, that then extended to the bell tower, that extended through the jungle, that extended into the ocean for example. And can you say CONVOLUTED plot? There's no way the kids who went to this could have understand what everything was about. All the kids I saw had to be awakened when the movie ended. So unlike the first movie.

I'm sorry, but Davey Jones and crew of the Flying Dutchman didn't have [!@#$%^&*] on Captain Barbosa and his skeketon crew of the Undead. It seemed liek they tried to make things that shouldn't be funny, funny. And things that should have be more serious, funny as well. WTF?

I liked Bootstrap Bill (Will's father) and wish we could have had more of him, Mr. Gibbs, the two scoundrels from the first movie that were now mortal and the voodoo priestess. I just liked looking at Will. Other than his looks, he did NOTHING for me this time around. I couldn't STAND Elizabeth AT ALL. :angry: I actually wanted someone to run her through with a sword.

All I can really say is they did a great job of setting up the third movie. You HAVE to go see that one.

We would have been so much better off watching Superman Returns again like we were going to do at first. I could (and should) have waited for this on DVD...or bootleg.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked it. I hadn't seen the first movie and me and my friend ended up buying "Superman" tickets and used them to sneak into PotC. <_< Johnny Depp deserves all the hype he gets (and this is coming from someone who thought he was waay overhyped before..then I started watching his movies)...you really can give him any role and he will do something completely different from his other roles. Orlando Bloom is still eye candy to me. The guy isn't that much of a great actor and his characters are forgettable. I like Kiera Knightley a lot more now than I did before but I still think she gets way too much attention.

The movie ending had me wanting to know what was going to happen next. My cousin had the first one and I slept through it...but then again, it was like 10pm so maybe it wasn't as boring as it seemed.

But while I did enjoy this movie, no way do I think it deserves to have reached such record numbers in the box office. I'm still baffled about that one. :blink:

• Members

I loved it as much as the original and liked the surprise ending. I did get a little pissed at Elizabeth for chaining Jack to the boat at the end, but except for that it was pretty good. I also kinda missed the African American woman who was part of Jack's crew.

Archived