Pirates of the Caribbean

• Members

I went to see this tonight and it was great.

Johnny Depp was great as was Orlando Bloom.

I loved the way that they lead into the 3rd movie. And there was a very surprising twist at the end.

For some reason the person that played Davy Jones seemed familuar, but I didn't stay around to see who played him.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Pirates already took down the Jedis and Sith and now it could take down Spiderman! Just WOW!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Pirates Breaks Opening Day Record!!

Source: Box Office Mojo

July 8, 2006

According to early estimates from Box Office Mojo, Disney’s sequel Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest has broken the opening day an d highest grossing day box office records of 2005's Star Wars Episode III – Revenge of the Sith, earning an estimated $55.5 million on its first Friday. The way things are going for it, it’s almost guaranteed to break Spider-Man’s three-day opening weekend record of $114.84 million from 2002. Check back tomorrow for the full box office report and more details.

• Members

I loved this movie, had to go to three separate theratres to get a damn seat though. Where I went they even added 2 more time slots because there were so many ppl outside being told it was sold out and leaving. So they quickly on spot(I loved it) made a 11:30pm and 1am showing. I am thinking of going to see it again, something I have never done before.

I cant wait for the third!

• Members

My friend who works at our biggest theater here in North East Pennsylvania and has worked there for about seven years said this is the only movie to sell out *every* show all weekend, including the first shows of the day, matinees, and midnight shows, since he's worked there. That's impressive!

• Members

I've been to two sell-out movies in my life. Jaws and ID4. ID4 was sold out for three whole days. Fortunately, my son and I got in before the first flood and then we went to Dallas and it was sold out everywhere. Finally got to see it there again and came home, still sold out here. I can hardly wait to see Pirates 2.

Archived