June 19-23, 2006

Toups

• Members

That woman was not raped IMO and I dont care what anyone says or care what flack I get for saying so. She never said no or said stop, of course at first she was against but she had a half smile before it was all over. I was pissed watching it at first, but after watching the entire scene I was okay with it. Its obviously a dysfunctial couple going through a rough time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't thinking about the rape, but the other stories the show does have a sense of realism and are so powerful. And look at Nip/Tuck, how they were able to actually show 2 guys having sex, and the fans didn't get so disgusted and run away.

They are allowed a freedom to discuss things as they should be. They are also able to deal with religious issues and blend them a little better too. I mean just look at last year the Priest story and how it was fully delved into, and then the victim came back and shot himself right in front of the priest who abused him. Stories that real and that emotionally packed can't be dealt with fully on network soaps.

I don't want the whole hour to be full of sex and nudity, but a bit of realism would be great. Esp. to a show like GH which is so much about the mob. A move to cable would really boost that show greatly.

And to be able to deal with bisexuality and homosexuality better would allow stories like Luke's coming out on ATWT, and Lucas' coming out on GH a whole lot more powerful and real. I mean they might actually be able to have a sex life and not just talk about having one. I doubt either boy will ever get to have sex - look at poor Bianca she wasn't. I guess they did at some point, but it was never discussed and all we ever saw was the kiss.

• Members

How can GH manage to get all those big stars from the past and still lose ground? writing, writing, writing

When will GH get a clue?

I hope Days ratings go up when Sheffer is on board then maybe GH will decide to bring back Claire Labine

• Members

Days seems to be getting the older viewers back. In April DAYS was in the middle or at the bottom in older demos. The show went from #8 to #4 in 50+ and from #5 to #2 in 25-54

This is probably their highest ranking in a long time in those demos.

• Members

Steve, I absolutely agree with your points. And think that cable/satellite and the increased freedom of content it brings will help soaps. Didn't mean to sound !@#$%^&*]y. Just throw something at me. :P

FWIW, Bianca and Lena got a morning-after scene with Nekkid Binky in bed awakened by the phone ran and Lena had already showered, dressed, put on her face, done her hair, ordered breakfast, did her taxes, completely a corporate takeover and resolved a complex legal issue with the feds on her immigration status. :lol:

No kissing in the bed, only hand-holding and kissing. They got a total of 4 or 5 kisses before Lena left for Poland. Bianca and Maggie kissed twice each under uncertain emotional circumstances for one or the other.

Point is: BRING ON THE HOMOSEXUALS. :D *runs off to Passions Lesbian Rampage discussion*

• Members

Did you happen to see Simone and Rae's love scene on Passions last summer? It was hot!

Simone is laying in bed under the covers, cut to Rae as her clothes fall to the floor. She climbs into bed wth Simone and they start kissing, touching, hugging and moaning. :D

• Members

Looks like the Johnson boys return to Salem did what it was suppose to do. Reuniting both super couples did wonders for the ratings even if we had to endure the farce of a wedding. Jack is back with Steve. The Johnson boys are must see TV!

• Members

Well people say there's too much Sonny, but I think right now(and this is a Carly fan saying this) that there's too much Carly being shoved down our throats. Plus the writing in general has been bad. From what I've read at different boards alot of fans aren't happy with how Robert and company have been written as well.

• Members

I think the increased buzz about the writers change had helped a great deal. People are even excited about other things on the show too.

And plus Days always does good during the summer and the month after sweeps. Let's just hope it keeps up.

• Members

Its SOOOO nice to see DAYS back in the #3 position. They totally deserve it and the 2.7 is just awesome. I only hope that trend continues, but you can definetly tell the J&M fans have tuned out for the time being, I think DAYS made a HUGE HUGE mistake by writing them out for now.

Good to see DAYS up so high in the older demos and #3 in 18-49 and #1 in 18-34.

The show truly deserves the highest ratings they can get because the show has turned it around in a huge way in the last month and a bit and Hogie isn't even on board yet, CANNOT WAIT!

Archived