May 29 - June 2, 2006

Toups

• Members

The real interest for me is whether we will get an ABC ratings report this week. Some of you may recall that the last time OL was ABC's #1 soap (during the week of the Daniel Colson exposure a little over a year ago), there was no ratings report issued. Some said there was one issued, but we never saw it on SON. I was always suspicious, and I am eager to see if they put one out this time. I still think that Frons and company DO NOT LIKE IT when OL finishes ahead of GH, which is very, very rare.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well we are getting them but all the show's numbers stink with the exception of OLTL and that is because Higley reused the Sami execution plot from Days.

This was a huge increase for Days because of what is coming up. They could actualy find themselves in a good place in the next few weeks with all the other shows dropping.

• Members

I just think Jonathan's ITL was well-written. He's had quite a bit of airtime lately with lackluster ratings but on Wednesday, they really focused on the character while using it to drive a story. It wasn't all about character with no story movement nor was it strictly plot-driven...I think that's what made his work so well.

Not to mention the acting was phenomenal. Watching that show...I couldn't help hating how selfish Jonathan was being while at the same time, I felt bad for him because he clearly wasn't happy with the life he was leading.

• Members

People tuned into OLTL on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday because of the Todd reveal. By Friday, OLTL was back down to its usual numbers.

Last year in May, shes feature a story with Nora, Daniel, Bo. The ratings hit 3.0 and beat out GH and AMC. they following two weeks, it dropped to it old position.

So, she pulls a gimmick, gets good ratings and goes back to the same ol crap. Why don't Frank and Dena write good show year around instead of pulling stunts.

• Members

The problem with last years "stunt" involving Daniel was that the story ended rather quickly after the big reveal. I see things different with the Todd story. I think people should give Higley a chance and see what happends with this story. If anything, she did something no other writer did during sweeps which was goose her shows ratings to a place it normally doesnt sit.

• Members

WOW, OLTL number three in HH and above both AMC and the darling GH in the demos, sorry but I freaking love it! :P

If DAYS can just stay where it is, I think June is DAYS month and can get back into 3rd consistently for the summer.

Archived