May 29 - June 2, 2006

Toups

• Members

I think when DOOL brings back Patch and Kayla that it will really be a big boost. i was very young when they were on, but I loved em. I'll start watching that show again when they come back.

I hate to be rude to the previous poster, but really. Give Higley a chance? She's been head writer for almost two years. How much of a chance does she need? As far as the Todd story picking up steam, it's been going on since November 2004. How much time does it take for that steamer to heat up?

If OLTL returns to what works -- Viki (not pimp Viki), Clint, Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, Jess with a spine and not Antonio, Joey, Dorian, David, Blair, Todd, Todd, Todd, yes it will be a ratings winner. Unfortunatley before last week was done, it was back to [!@#$%^&*].

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had to see that too, becaue I remember the last time OLTL beat GH and AMC...but they actually did post the ABC report, and it has OLTL, GH and then AMC as the winners.

* "One Life to Live" was the No. 2-ranked program of the week (tying its best ranking of the season), with a 1.9 rating and an 11 share, delivering 1.2 million Women 18-49. "OLTL" outperformed time period competitors "As the World Turns" by 44% and "Passions" by 49% for the week. For the season, the drama is outperforming "As the World Turns" by 37% and "Passions" by 33% among Women 18-49. Additionally, "OLTL" beat "Days of Our Lives" by 4% among Women 18-49. The drama was up 8% versus the prior week among Women 18-49. Among Women 18-34, the drama was up 8% versus the prior week and 26% versus last year to post its best numbers in 20 weeks. In Female Teens, the drama was up 64% versus the prior week, posting its best numbers in 22 weeks.

* "General Hospital" was the No. 3*-ranked program, with a 1.8 rating (* tied with "All My Children" and "Days of Our Lives"), delivering 1.2 million Women 18-49. "General Hospital" outdelivered its time period rival, "Guiding Light," by 37% for the week and is outdelivering the drama by 62% season to date among Women 18-49. Among Women 18-34, the drama was up 25% vs last year. In Female Teens the drama was up 17% vs the prior week, posting its best numbers in six weeks.

* "All My Children" was the No. 3*-ranked program, with a 1.8 rating and an 11 share (* tied with "General Hospital" and "Days of Our Lives"), delivering 1.2 million Women 18-49. The drama was up 2% versus the prior week among Women 18-49. Among Women 18-34, the drama was up 1% versus the prior week and 8% versus last year. Among Female Teens, the drama was up 63% versus the prior week, posting its best numbers in six weeks.

Season to date, ABC Daytime's drama lineup ranks No. 1, with a 1.9 rating and an 11 share, delivering 1.2 million Women 18-49 - outperforming CBS by 20% and NBC by 17% in actuals. In the full lineup, ABC Daytime is No. 1, with a 1.7 rating and an 11 share, delivering 1.1 million Women 18-49, outperforming CBS by 16% and NBC by 9% in actuals.

• Members

I think Higley's done great for OLTL. Did you guys watch her stuff on DAYS? I can't even believe this is the same writer! I think she's been great. Also, she's only been head writer for about 13 months right? Not two years?

• Members

Yeah but they can;t get these changes on air now KR. The earliest would be July as they are likely starting to tape stuff for that month. Trust me if you knew what was coming that would be change enough to make you happy :) .

I agree Days is in very good shape right now ratings wise.

• Members

I don't remember how long she has been here Mike, but it seems like an eternity. Higley has her moments (the first few months were okay and then some of this last month has been okay) but the rest of her tenure has been right up there with her tenure on Days. It is terrible and many days are so difficult to sit through. You have to be a die hard devoted fan to sit through some of it - esp. watching her favorites day after day after day. And esp. watching her destroy just about every woman on the show and backburning so many long time characters in favor of her faves.

If you like the characters she pimps then you like OLTL, but if you don't then you are out of luck, because many of the others are hardly ever seen.

• Members

She has been HW for awhile. She started out ok but now she has dragged stuff out stuff a la JER and now she has gone and copied the same story Days did with Sami's execution and it got her ratings. My problem with her is that she has terrible pacing and still hasn't tied up many stories and backburners fan faves while consistently putting Natalie/John/etc on every day. She has made a fool out of Blair and, despite the good acting, messed up by killing Duke. That probably cemented the fact that Heather Tom will leave and I heard Phil Carey was a little upset about killing Duke (something in SOW). Her pacing right now suggests she learned a little too much about how to write from JER :lol: .

Nothing can come close to the crap she gave us on Days but since her first 6 months she has been lackluster IMO.

Agreed Steve-you made all the points I wanted too. Good post.

• Members

Oh no she took over well before that. I thought it was in November of 2004 because she tied up the Santi story and people appauded her and then she used Tico's murder as a catalyst to start Jess/Tess. I may be wrong though but I am sure that is the time she started.

I enjoyed her alot when she first started on OLTL. I was surprised because she sucked on Days but about mid summer I started getting bored and now I just hate her again because things drag and she just uses the same characters all the time (her faves). Plus, she copied one of my favorite stories ever, Sami's execution, and it was pretty much a carbon cop of it.

As much as I am unhappy with OLTL/AMC right now, I love when both beat GH :lol: . OLTL is my favorite ABC show though.

• Members

Higley started October of 2004. Her first story showed up on screen the second week of December although she was cutting, pasting and rewriting for November and December before her stuff showed. B&E were also consulting until the summer of 2005. She's the worst thing to ever happen to OLTL in my personal opinion.

Also the 2.9, 2.9 and 3.0 from her stunt execution were after sweeps ended and as pointed out the show was back to it's 2.4 by Friday.

• Members

Thanks rugrat

Cal is right, Higs started in October and her shows started running in December. I like some of her favorites, for instance Nash and Nash with Jess. I get sick of seeing them every day though. More than three times a week is too much for any character. The stories get stale. You can't run that many episodes of the same story.

I really was afraid when Tess and Nash heated up that Higley would wear them out just like the quad. Had she integrated Jess and Tess back in February and started a story with jess falling in love with Nash, it would have been a good story IMO. Now it's just never ending and we're back to Java in one corner and a bunch of strangers in the other.

When OLTL does well it focuses on its core families. It has not done that consistently with Higley. I blame a lot of this on Valentini. The same problems they have now were present in Malone's last year.

But this is a ratings thread. Last year it took a couple of weeks for the ratings to fall. This time it took a couple of days.

• Members

Shouldn't she get some credit for the ratings increase? I am fairly new to watching OLTL, about 6 months. It seems rather balanced, maybe one or two characters I haven't seen. Nora is one, Timothy Stikney and Catherine Hickland I don't see much of them and I think Heather and Dan could be on more. The cast is so big and they keep hiring. The new guy they just put on contract, Nash's lawyer, could be a brother to Kevin they look so much alike. Over all though, I really like the show. It reminds me of how soap operas used to be, lots of twists and turns. Maybe I haven't watched long enough to know when it's bad. Tell me who you think are Higley's favorites. I don't know.

Archived