Y&R: January 2-4 Discussion

• Members

OK, Maria Arena Bell and Josh Griffith continue to turn this show around.

I love the Ashley and Jack scenes, and Ashley so needs to come back permanently.

The Victor and Nikki scenes were well done as well, and we got flashbacks dating back to the 80's!

I LOVED snarky Phyllis and her conversation with Brad. She really put him in his place, Phyllis is finally going back to the flavorful character she once was.

Also, Sally McDonald once again did a wonderful job of directing, they seriously need to promote her to producer status and maybe fire Anthony Morina...

The production values have been looking really good again too.

Overall, it was an entertaining show and Y&R is finally worth an hour's worth of viewing again. Y&R feels like a real soap opera again...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched today for the first time since October and I whole heartedly agree! I mean its just like night and day. The plots are still a little too much to take, but what I noticed mostly was the dialouge.... the characters are having REAL conversations. The dialouge is so crisp and smart it makes you want to listen to what they have say. I noticed some of the classic transitions Y&R was known for too. The Bell's influence appears to be back at this show somewhat. I am tuning in tomorrow!!! I saw the day ahead today so I won't discuss plot but let me say, I was introduced to the Real Victor Newman for the first time in a long while today. :D

• Members

I also notice that the background music is back to being classical and elegant, not the soft-rock crap Latham had going for most of the year.

Also, I loved the nods to past history. I liked how Sharon mentioned delivering Noah in a snow storm and the flashback we got to that time period. Under Latham, history mentions were relative.

Still, it's pretty sad that scabs and Ficore writers are doing a better job than professional WGA writers. The show might not be perfect, but it's entertaining again.

• Members

Looks like we're not the only ones noticing a creative upswing with Y&R. I've visited several different forums today, and everyone appears to be raving about the sudden positive change in the show.

It's sad that it takes so little to make fans happy, yet Latham refused to give us any of it. I can't wait for the official confirmation of her firing.

• Members

Today's episode was great. I loved all the flashbacks.

The pacing of the episode seemed much slower and things just seemed more laid back today and I enjoyed the episode so much more because of it.

I love Eileen Davidson on B&B, but seeing her back on Y&R just makes me want her back there where she really belongs.

• Members

I loved today's episode too. We got the characters acting like themselves instead of pod people.

I loved the Nikki/Victor stuff because it really shows Victor's motivation for calling in Nikki's loan and I love that Nikki stood her ground and wouldn't let Victor bully her into doing what he wanted her to do.

I really miss Ashley on Y&R and I have NO use for the chracter but she just belongs on Y&R. I love how she told Jack exactly what he needed to hear and I hope he follows her advice and let Gloho's comeuppance come to her when it will.

I'm glad Nick talked Sharon into giving Jack another chance. I finaloly think Sharon may actually love Jack because the decision to leave him seemed to be a hard one for her. Brad had lost his whole mind thinking Phyllis would help him break up Jack and Sharon. Phyllis wouldn't piss on Brad if he was on fire, let alone help him do ANYTHING. And I'm glad it was finally mentioned that Phyllis doesn't hate Sharon because she really has no reason too.

• Members

Today's episode was very solid as well. It was great to see Ashley interacting with Victor again, and the cliffhanger! Y&R hasn't really done good cliffhangers under Latham, it was hilarious seeing Victor get busted like that....

Sharon and Jack are being written with much more dept now and I do enjoy them now...

The only part I could do without with is the Cane and Lily nonsense, but Latham started that stuff...

Oh and Heather's office is spacious and nice, at least Y&R still has the best set designers in daytime...

Y&R's been on a roll lately with Bell and Griffith, hopefully the momentum is long lasting.

• Members

That was a great ending with Jack and Victor on the phone today. :lol:

Some filler today and I could've done without Cane and Lilly, but Y&R is so enjoyable these days.

-Victor is acting back in character and is no longer the pod Latham turned him into.

-It's nice seeing Gloria suffer.

-The lighting is more robust on this show and the production values are better (thank you Sally McDonald!).

The characters are having real conversations and the dialogue is realistic...

Monday looks like a good show....

Archived