Superman Returns

Toups

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It does deserve a sequel and I can't understand how the movie is not doing better. It was phenomenal. I loved Routh, Bosworth, Spacey, Huntington, and Posey. Posey and Spacey were great and so was Huntington. The guy playing Perry was good too. I just knew Jason was his-all the talk about Lois's night with Superman and about how she never married. My favorite scene was when they were beating the hell out of him while Kitty was crying. That music was awesome!!! I also loved the scene when Jason threw the piano at the guard and killed him. The camera just focused on Lois and then on Jason. It was such an epic introduction of Superman's son. It was fantastic. Then he realizes he no longer needs the inhaler-well done.

I just loved this movie. Normally, I hate long movies like this but this one was superb. The scene in the hospital with Jason, Lois, and Superman was well done too. It was so subtle with Jason touching the Superman suit while Lois was whispering to Superman. It was subtle but not so much that you didn't know what was going on.

Great movie-superb. I hope it does better because I want a sequel. I would love to see Doomsday myself and I also want to see Lex and Kitty again. If WB can give BB two sequels, then it can give Superman at least one.

• Members

I feel he didn't do that because, and this boggles the mind, because of his Earth and Kryptonion genetic structure, he is amune to Kryptonite. When he grows up, Jason may be even more powerful than his father.

• Members

I planned on seeing this again today, but went with my kid to see POTC 2. We should have stuck to the original plan. <_< So we'll go to see SR again tomorrow.

I thought this would have made more than this by now. It should have because after seeing it's competition first hand today, I just don't understand how it's so far behind in the box office. SR has a better story, IMO and better action sequences.

• Members

I LOVED the movie. I wish WB actually promoted it. I'm shocked that it didn't do as well as it could have. I expected so much more for a Superman movie. I just hope that it gets a sequel.

My WTH?! moment of the movie was when that weird villain started playing the piano with Superman's son. Seriously, that through me for the loop! Then when the son had the garbage can on his head and running into the desks made me LMAO. What was the purpose of THAT scene? The best LMAO part of the movie was when Richard goes "how tall would you say Clark is..." and they look at Clark and compare his physical attributes to Superman and while Clark's eaves dropping, he turns and gives that ridiculous dorky smile!

How could they be so blind? At least his son might have figured it out when Superman was on the flat screen and Clark was in front. Gosh, that kid's asthma took over....!

I wish Lois and Superman kissed. I loved it when she kissed him when he was asleep, but damn, it would have been even hotter.

Oh the part where I wanted to cry so bad was when they were drowning Superman and he was making that girgling sound. UGH! I wish he beat the crap out of them. Who knew Kitty had a heart? I am glad she betrayed Lex in the end. BTW, what were the dog scenes about? They were so sick, yet funny. Interesting reference to the first dog scene during Lex, Kitty, and her dog's situation on the island or whatever.

Now, as for the theme, the best everything for the movie is the ending. Superman knows the child is his. He gave the same speech Marland Brando said in the beginning. What a way to tie everything together! Please, please, please, let there be a sequel.

Here's a question. I never followed the comics. When does Lois actually find out Clark's Superman? Now, I wished I watched OLTL when Brandon was casted. He's such a HUNK! :lol:

• Members

He may have meant one of three villians.

Brainiac, Darkseid or Doomsday.

My money is on Doomsday, because his quote of "Sci-fi scary [&#33;@#&#036;%^&amp;*]", "Wrath Of Khan", means that Superman will fight a being that can destroy him. If it is Doomsday.........

I'll line up NOW for the sequel.

And, he was right. For a big budget, $200 million dollar picture, that was some of the worse PR I've seen. WB should be ashamed. Maybe that's the reason why it hasn't past that amount.

And since when is a film that has made $289 million at the wordwide B.O. be considered a flop?!

• Members

I thought this company had two oceans of cash and stocks. What in the hell is going on?! I still feel that, as good as SR was, the PR heads are the ones who made the final decisions, and now they have run and hid.

I feel for you, Danni. Keep the faith.

If there is a sequel, everyone needs to start saying who they want Superman to do battle with.

• Members

I wish this was just for SR, but they use interns for every single movie they release. They've been doing it for a while too, even before I became an intern (I finished when I graduated, hence why I'm spilling the beans).

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I went to Madame Tussaud's in NYC yesterday. They have a small room set up themed for this movie. It's kind of funny...nobody but those who watched him as Seth on OLTL knew who he was before (and even out of those, some forgot) and now Brandon Routh's immortalized in wax as Superman. :P

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Woohoo! It's finally official!!

Can't wait for Singer to bring "the wrath of Khan" in the sequel. :)

Only 2.5 years away. LOL :D

----------------------------------------------

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111795290...amp;s=h&p=0

Singer's zinger: another 'Superman'

Helmer returns to the Man of Steel

By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Bryan Singer has inked a deal with Warner Bros. Pictures to direct and produce a sequel to "Superman Returns," with Legendary Pictures expected to co-finance.

Pic is tentatively intended for release in summer 2009, although the studio stressed that there's not even a script or budget yet.

Sequel is apparently at the very beginning of the development process and, as with any other project, there are any number of factors that must be addressed before it is greenlit.

Pact with Singer signals that Warners isn't ready to walk away from the iconic franchise -- or Singer --even though "Superman Returns," while grossing more than $390 million worldwide, wasn't the performer studio had hoped for.

Warners and Legendary say they will still turn a profit from "Superman Returns," with Singer inking his deal just as the film crossed $200 million at the domestic box office.

Insiders say Warners and Legendary are sure to insist that the sequel's production budget comes in under $200 million.

"Superman Returns" fell under endless scrutiny for its production budget, which the studio puts at $209 million after tax rebates and incentives. The number is much higher when factoring in more than $40 million in development costs -- "Superman Returns" was in the works for years --even though those costs were previously absorbed.

Critically, "Superman Returns" was disparaged for lacking in action. Singer has said he would address this concern in the follow-up.

In terms of casting, Warners has an option on "Superman Returns" star Brandon Routh.

Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris penned the script for "Superman Returns" based on a story they created with Singer. It's not clear whether Dougherty and Harris will return for the sequel.

Legendary's involvement is key for the studio. Under the co-financing and co-production deal between the two, Legendary puts up half the money for films on which it's partnering.

Legendary is Warners' partner on the revived "Batman" franchise as well.

Archived