-The Dog scene in the beginning.

-Kitty's brakes

-Lex and Kitty toward the end

-Lois: "Do you want to help Mommy open the door?"

Most touching scenes:

-The romantic flying scene

-Anything with the kid

-Kitty has a soul

After the airplane scene the audience applauded.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw it with my boyfriend, and it was phenomenal. Singer was definitely the guy to do this. I was impressed with everyone, even Kate. Brandon was great as Superman. I think it was the situation where he had to get a relatively unknown actor for this film, but he was just spot on down to the dorkiness of Clark Kent. I swear, there was a moment that I just didn't blink because I didn't want to miss anything.

I so wish I promoted Superman Returns instead of The Lake House (darn, Team West). However, at least I'll get free stuff.

• Members

I've seen it twice already and love it. Routh done good. I do think Kate Bosworth is miscast, though. Don't bother with the IMAX version, it's only in 3D for like 10 min of the 2.5 hrs. Half the time I sat there going "why isn't THIS in 3D?"

I cried. But I sooooo KNEW that Jason was his son even before I saw the film. Soap opera brain... the minute I saw the first preview/commercial I went... ahhhhh. He knocked her up. LOL!

• Members

I finally saw it yesterday. The theatre was relatively full for a 10pm Tuesday night show. It was awesome. Lived up to all my expectations. Just awesome. Routh was EXCELLENT. He emulated past Supermen great.

I thought the movie was a major hit but I was just reading Toups' and Roman's post... What is the final verdict on it?

I remember the same thing happened to King Kong... which was also another great movie...

• Members

Here's what's really screwedup. The movie has gotten great word-of-mouth, but now, the COO of Warner Bros. has reportedly said that if SR does not make $200 million at the B.O., he wil either cut the budget dramatically for the sequel, or there won't be a sequel.

• Administrator

How about better promotion for Warner Bros? I felt like there was hardly any buzz at all.

There better be a sequel! The sequel doesn't have to be a $200 + million dollars. I think $150-$175 million is enough for a budget.

• Members

So what did SR eventually make? Or what is its current gross at?

There was no buzz at all for Superman. In fact, if it werent' for SON, I wouldn't have even known about the movie. I knew Superman was releasing on the 30th the week before when reviews were coming out and only then. And my family members knew nothing about it either. If I hadn't told them about it, they wouldn't have even known it was out...

• Members

SR's worldwide return now sits at $170 million.

The COO wants it to make $200 million domestically. It may reach there, but there was some negative WOM from Marvel comic/movie fans and some real jackasses, most of which post at IMDB. I have never mined anyone disliking or even hating a film. WOTW comes to mind for me as a film that I felt sucked the big one, and still made over $200 million dollars.

But have something to back it up. Some of the reasons that I've heard for people disliking the film venture into the range of the absurd. And, that may be what is killing the picture at the national B.O.

I also think that the COO should get his head out of his ass. The one Superman motion picture everyone wants to see is Superman VS. Doomsday. And I don't know if you can do that on a $150 million dollar budget, which is what he will drop the next movie's budget to.

• Members

I loved, loved, loved SUPERMAN RETURNS. Brandon Routh was an excellant as Clark Kent / Superman. I was surprised that Kate Bosworth was so good as Lois. I also liked Frank Langella as Perry, the actor who played Jimmy (can't remember his name), the kid who played Jason/Superboy was excellant, Kevin Spacey is the BEST Lex Luthor (I thought Gene Hackman, who was ok as Lex, was mis-cast) & I also liked James Marsden as Richard and Parker Posey as Kitty.

There definitely should be a sequal. Doomsday would be great in the Sequel, but I'd also like to see Bizarro plus Lex (and Kitty) have got to return.

• Members

That's another vote for Doomsday. I would love to see those two go toe-to-toe, but if not, Braniac and/or Darkseid would be great too.

WB needs to get their heads on straight. They have finally caught up in the quality of superhero movies they put out. Now, they just need to market them right, and release them at just the right time.

• Members

I was hooked into the movie big time from the moment John Williams Krypton music was playing over the black screen/history lesson, not to mention the suped up theme/visuals. The movie was a rare gem in a comic book film for me, great action, and a good emotional story.

I have seen it 3 times, and each time the person I was with was shocked at how good it was. Also, each time the audience appaluded (I always find that odd in a movie...).

Archived