Parker Posey (Kitty Kowalski)

Kal Penn (Stanford)

superbillboard.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

This will be HUGE. Probably the biggest hit of the summer. If that is the case.........

Superman.

Must.

Battle.

DOOMSDAY!

That is the motion picture that I do believe can be pulled off with today's technology. But, for now I'll just enjoy the return of The Man Of Steel.

• Administrator

LOL Shawn.

WOW!! I just got back from the first screening and what an awesome movie it was. Bryan Singer did a magnificent job directing and writing the story, also kuds to Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty for writing the screenplay and story. I thought Routh did a great job as both Superman and Clark Kent; he's nothing like his time at OLTL. Bryan Singer made the right choice by choosing Routh to play this iconic role. Kevin Spacey...what can I say....definitely the best protrayal of Lex Luthor I've ever seen. His mixture of comedy and evilness was perfect. Loved Bosworth as Lois...this girl is so cute! :wub: That Orlando Bloom is a lucky man. Sam Huntington as Jimmy had me laughing than any other character. If Sam continues picks the right roles in the future, he'll become a big comedy star. Parker Posey as Kitty Kowalski was very good opposite Kevin Spacey. She has some good funny moments.

The action, the story, the acting, the directing, the special effects, everything clicked. You can totally see that Bryan knows the history and characters, but more importantly, he CARES about the history and characters, and he truly made a wonderful Superman movie.

I'll go more into detail on what I thought later on. :)

I'll definitely be going to see Superman Returns again in the theatres. I loved it that much to pay another $10 to see it. LOL :D

THANK YOU BRYAN SINGER!

• Members

Thanks for the insight Toups! Now I'm even MORE psyched to see it. Though I probably won't go this weekend because it will be next to impossible to get tickets, I will see it. I've been looking forward to it for too long.

• Members

My Oh My.

The summer's best movie.

I just returned from seeing Superman Returns, and when the ending credits rolled, everyone cheered. I can't tell you how it feels to once again see a picture where everyone just enjoyed. There are a few slow spots, and for me it stared a little slow, but do yourself a favor, bring tissues. The last 45 minutes will have you on the edge of your seat. And, it's about damn time we had a super hero movie that touched the heart. I can't wait for the sequel.

BTW............WHEN DOES THIS COME OUT ON DVD?! :D

• Administrator

Oh man the last 45 mins was soooo good and emotional.

SPOILER TALK NOW......

My favorite scene was at the end when Superman repeated the words of Jor-El to Jason. Man, that was Brandon Routh's beat scene. I almost cried.

The hardest scene to watch for me was when Lex's thugs were kicking the shit out of Superman and we a tear roll down Kitty's cheek. That was so sad. I got chills watching that.

Another favorite scene was Superman and Lois on the roof top and then he takes her flying. Oh, I just loved watching Superman fly, those sequences were amazing and so beautiful to watch. It was breath taking.

Funniest scenes:

- Kitty in the car with no brakes. LMAO

- the cake, "Welcome Back lark" :lol:

- Lex with the toothbrush in his mouth, "Lois?"

- The piano scene

- Clark's dorkiness.....his goofy smiles and looks.....Routh had this down!

- Lex rips off his hair and give it to the little girl, "This you can keep....the rest is all mine!"

- Lex asking Lois: "Are you sure?" Then we hear the boat captian, "Yes."

• Members

Spolier Talk:

When that little boy said to Lois "I hope he lives. I like him." Tell me you didn't cry. I saw grown men trying to wipe their eyes on the slide. And I was one of them. That hospital scene was a take-off of the first issue of World Without A Superman. They had tried to revive him on the street after he defeated Doomsday. They tried to put an IV in his arm, but the needle broke off.

That was very well-done, and this is coming from someone that does not care for Bryan Singer. That piano scene was a laugh roit. And, when the guy shot Superman in the eye and the bullet bounced off, My hand to God, a guy in the theater said "AWESOME!!!" We all laughed out loud.

• Administrator

Nah, I didn' cry...I've never cried during any movie before. Choked up, yes, but no tears falling. LOL

The directing during the hospital scene was fantastic: Lois kisses Superman on the lips...cut to Jason walking towards the costume....cut to Lois leaning in to whisper in Superman's ear.....cut to Jason feeling the "S".....and right there we know Lois tells Superman that Jason is his son.......then just before Lois/Jason leave, Jason runs over to Superman and kisses his forehead.

Oh thats cool. I didn't know that.

Oh yeah, that was another funny scene.

Archived