The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

for Hooked and BSG and for whoever else read my story for me and has asked... this is the first response:

Kristin,

Your story is really great. It is creative and I enjoy how you have such a good

sense of giving a character's viewpoint throughout the whole story and making it seem

very coesive. The character is not very complex, you have such a good idea of who she

is and who she wants to be at the same time. Sometimes when writers try to make

characters complex, you lose out on learning who they really are. By the middle of the

story, I really felt I knew who she was.

I think your dialogue was flawless and drew in the reader because it had such good

conversations between the two, it made it seem like I was reading a real life

conversation between two people. I like how you described Italy and the also you had

great settings in the story. This also gave me a great idea of who the character was

because of her interests of travel. Also, at the beginning of the story when you described

how she spent her days, that was a great insight into learning about her without blatantly

describing her life and interests.

At first, you think these two people are opposites with the dance scene. This scene was

crucial to the story and you did a great job with it. I love that you made one of the two

characters somewhat clumsy with the dancing because it added some comedy to the

story, even though I would classify this story as a "slice of life," it has some comedic as

well as dramatic, intriguing parts.

I'm pretty happy with that!

Happy belated ILTQ! I'm so sorry we missed it.

sidenote: does anyone have the clips for today? I know they'll be up later, but I thgouth I'd ask just in case. My VCR is on the wrong time again. Once a month it just decides to change its time on its own, which sucks for me. But it happens for about a week (always a great TQ week too!!) and it sets itself back no matter how many times I change it. I guess I need to get it fixed cuz it's driving me crazy

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just watched the show.

Mama looked DAMN FINE today!! Her hair was a little oomphy. And although the necklace was a little over the top it wasn't too bad with her outfit. The outfit didn't look recycled to me but it could be. I wish Alan would put a sock in it already! It seems that Monica was getting a sense of Alan again today, so maybe he can haunt HER for a while. My fave parts were her two comments to Lainey - "cut the crap" and "shut up!", and our girl's many delectable expressions today.

Angel, I like Diane too. You are not alone. Lainey likes her also.

Edited by TracyLuv

• Members

knh and Lainey here are today's clips.

Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VU31EV8B

Credit goes to Isabelle at Something-More.net, edited by me!

TracyLuv I have to agree with you........our girl had many delectable expressions today her hair had a new kind of oomph and her make-up looked great. I didn't mind the clothes, I believe the jacket is new, but the clothes underneath, have been worn on a few occasions. I even liked the necklace. :)

BTW: I like Diane too, anytime someone yells at Jason or Sonny is good in my book! :D

• Members

First of all, really belated condolences to Hooked and whomever else has lost someone. my great-grandmother was my grandmother, as my actual maternal grandmother died while talking to my cousin on the phone on my cousins birthday some years prior to me being born, and my paternal grandma went nusto-whacko before i came along so i never met her. but yeah, it was rough and i was only 9 so i know how crazy it must be for you. my grandma was 92, it was the day before her 93rd birthday and i had just been at school that very day saying just how crazy it would be if she died the day before her bday. dont know where the thought came from, but you can imagine how guilty i felt thinking id somehow jinxed her into dying. it took years for my mother to convince me i hadnt and to stop blaming myself but yeah, it was tough.

Anyway, enough with the depressingness. How freaking glad was i that i hadnt turned the channel, thinking it would just be another, suckie day when diane sauntered into the interrogation room, giving jason the what-for. i was so shocked to see how many other people, not just on this board, but like everywhere liked her and thought she was pretty much awesome. i love the way she stands up to sonny and jason and flat-out went off on lucky today, as i cant stand the bastard. sonny is actually palatible when in a scene with her.

But, diane was only what kept me from turning, Tracy was what made me watch! I was so excited to see her, and dissappointed that they chose to wait until 30 min into the show to show her for the first time. but damn, straightjacket already? who the hell jumps the gun that fast? has lainey even ever observed tracy talking to alan? craziness, i tell ya.

oh, and tracy does look like shes been through hell in those medianet pics. and i do see the resemblance between the two (tracy and dillon), i always kinda have.

• Members

So I will download the clips and watch when I get home, but thanks in advance Nex for posting them.

Well I held it together today and didn't lose it during the ceremony. The rabbi (although a rent-a-rabbi from the funeral home) was unbelievable. She was the most spiritual, compassionate woman I ever met. She treated our family like she knew us for years and you could tell she had studied Kabbalah and mysticism and totally changed my view on death and dying. She put everything into such a positive light for me and totally explained aspects of jewish traditions that I never understood (lainey/TL I will fill you in sometime)

Of course it is way late, but I wanted to thank you guys all again for thinking of me.

knh So glad you got great comments on your story.

Little tl...hope your graduation went great.

Ms. Q Can't wait to see the oomphy hair and good makeup when I get home.

My grandma and I always talked about GH and her comment to me last week about the ghost alan was "Oh it is so crazy and convoluted...I can't watch that nonsense anymore...and all that crazy shooting and mob stuff..." How true! We were talking today (my family) and I was remembering being like 4 years old and her watching Edge of Night in her red leather recliner and watching with her trying to act all interested in it just to be sitting on her lap with her.

BTW---I like Diane too!

TL/Lainey/other late nighters...it is 12:30 central time...I am around for a bit on the computer. If you are here...I am going to see if i can get the breakroom to work.

• Members

Edit sorry..don't know why it didn't let me just edit, but reply to the last post, but wanted to say to Deb...loved your story. I swear those thoughts come out of my mind all the time watching my boys (especially my little one) sleep and see their long, long eyelashes...I always think to myself..I would kill for those long lashes that I put mascara on every day to get but never look that good..I always think how ironic it is that the boys are the ones who get them). I am sure one day I will be at that "empty nest" syndrome...(although I dont' think I will have as many regrets as Tracy!!--at least I hope not)

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

Thanks for all the belated B-Day wishes ya'll.

Glad you got good feedback on your story Kristin.

Also glad everything went well with you hooked.

Congrats on your graduation again tracyluver. :)

ITA, the story was great, Deb. I only hope TIIC put half that thought into Dillon and Tracy's goodbye.

I thought today was good, and Jane looked FAB.

I do want to say, Tracy and Alan are the best part of GH for me now, even surpassing Tracy and Luke in my book. I just love, love, LOVE them.

Alan to Tracy today " How about dumbness?" The way SD delivered that line I choked on what I was drinking. LOL

Deb if you want a live recap I wouldn't suggest SZ is the best place to go. I think Tracy/Luke and Tracy/anyone these days, is just too dumb and lowbrow of entertainment for SZ's upscale taste.

Because yeah. Every other story on this show is fantastically written and so NOT boring or stupid, except Tracy.

She's pretty much ignored over there these days, and since no one talks about Tracy too much I rarely lurk there anymore.

Hey, it's $3/month I can save, right? LOL

At any rate, I wouldn't judge whether she's on, and what her scenes are like, by SZ. There's GHH2 that does recaps, and also SOC and Soapescape.

• Members

Thanks for the gorgeous edited clip nex! - Tracy looks sooo good! Funny you should say that about the hair and clothes because I thought her hair had oomph but in a different way than usual too. I also felt the same way about the clothes, that they were half recycled. Meaning that the jacket seemed new but I couldn't quite put my finger on the source of the oomphness and newness today. But you got it!!

• Members

The biggest question on my mind after watching yesterday's episode is of course....

IS LAINEY WINTERS THE BIGGEST QUACK EVER TO HIT THE PSYCHIATRIC PROFESSION OR WHAT????

Okay, she shows up with STRAIGHT jackets after observing a woman for twenty seconds from another room and talking to her for five minutes? A bleepin' STRAIGHT JACKET?

I sat through her inept miscalculations during the whole "Em thinks Sonny is cracked, but Lainey thinks he's charming" fiasco.

I held my breath as she (and Scrubs) discussed medical treatment of Laura with a man who is (a) not related and (B ) not specifically designated as Laura's guardian (Oh, somebody PLEASE call the HIIPA police!)

But I will no longer remain silent. Lainey, you my dear, are a quack. You give psychiatric professionals a bad name. You lend credence to the BS coming out of Tom Cruise and John Travolta's Scientology-spewing mouths....

I am hereby making a citizen's arrest. Lainey Winters, I demand that you hand over your license immediately and cease and desist the practice of psychiatry...before you HURT somebody.

Freakin' moron.

ETA: The above tirade is against GH character Lainey Winters, not to be confused with our own beloved (and completely competent) LaineyBev.

Edited by MinervaFan

• Members

That is hilarious MinervaFan about Lainey!!. Her best advice to patients is probably, "hey if you are upset...grab a friend and go to Jake's and drown your sorrows in tequilla shots til you are too drunk to care--works for me" Bring back simone hardy (wasn't she a psychiatrist?)

I just woke at at 10:30am--nobody is home...don't know where they all went, but people are coming over to pay condelence calls at 2pm. I was up til 3am with TL in the breakroom getting a dose of normalcy--ha ha--in this time of chaos! :)

So here is a spoiler I saw on SON for the week of june 25th (she is on at least on the 27th I think I read somewhere)

For some reason I can't find the insert special item on my screen so sorry but

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Tracy tries to blackmail Scott.

Maybe she gets lulu to help her get out of shadybrook by telling scott they have the dirt on him killing Rick and to let Tracy out??? Hopefully that is it and can give us a few good tracy/scott or tracy/lulu scenes

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

Thanks for the spoiler hooked! I don't know if Scott would have control of whether Tracy would stay in the "la-la land place" or not. Though she's better off there than prison AND she could use it in an insanity plea. I am curious to see how she ends up getting out though. I guess maybe Lulu and Tracy are going to team up to blackmail Scott to run him out of town? Didn't Luke make a comment before he left about brining Laura back when Scott was "shut down" or something to that affect? Maybe it will happen in time for him to come back in October. If this is the case, Tracy and Lulu could be "working" on Scott all summer. Let's hope this is the case and we get a TraLu summer in absense of a LuNacy one.

btw, yeah I think Simone Hardy was a psychiatrist. Lamey (<----- not a typo) can't even begin to fill her shoes.

I only got 4 hours sleep. I had to get up bright and early to bring the kitty for his snip snip. heh heh. Off to take a much needed nap.

Edited by TracyLuv