The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members
That's because GF can only play Laura types convincingly. She doesn't have the talent to make any other type of character remotely interesting. And since Laura is boring, well.....eh.She never changes, there are never any surprises-and you gotta know that gets on TG"s nerves. That he might be relegated to playing the same old scenes with the same old character after all these years.....I can't imagine it would make anyone want to rush to work.
I don't want Connie as Tracy's kid, I just want Dillon and Ned back full time.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Agreed. And she doesn't even play them well. It must be frustrating working with the best, then being potentially forced to be with the less-than.

I'd like Ned and Dillon back too, unfortunately the reality is both actors are employed elsewhere. I can't ever see them making Connie a Q, but I do like the dynamic between Connie and Tracy.

• Members

[quote name="remos" post="1183171" timestamp=

I'd like Ned and Dillon back too, unfortunately the reality is both actors are employed elsewhere. I can't ever see them making Connie a Q, but I do like the dynamic between Connie and Tracy.

Of course! On both ends I want them back and I love the new girlfriends ;)

• Members

Wally Kurth is only recurring at DAYS. I'm pretty sure that if GH offered to put him on contract, he'd do it. He didn't have any qualms about doing recurring stints on GH while doing them on DAYS. There was one day last week where he was on both shows the same day.

Scott Clifton, however, is on contract at B&B and I find it unlikely he'll come back. I wouldn't mind a recast Dillon at all, though. Enough time has passed that it could be believable. We would just need another person who has great mother-son chemistry with JE.

• Members

No, she's right - a recast is probably something worth looking at. We start with the reality that JE has chemistry with everyone that crosses her path, and move up from there.

IMO it wasn't even that SC had great mother/son chemistry with JE, it was the whole Spencermaine family just worked exceptionally well. It's right up there with the Jones, Scorpio and Q families as far as ensembles. Any combination was fabulous, and when the lot were together it was off the charts.

• Members

I'm not strong enough for that!

And I miss the days of 05 thru 07 (very early 08). I miss the dynamic that the families had back in the day. And speaking of Spencermaine's,Ethan was IMO,the (older) son (or daughter(again IMO,they should've had) that Luke and Tracy never had. He was the mix of both of them. That's just me though.

• Members

I doubt AnnL is the worst pairing in GH history - it's not even the worst pairing in Luke's history - but I hope your conclusion is wrong. Even if some think it's "inevitable" (which I don't believe it has to be), it would be awful to see the end of possible story for Luke like that, 'cause you know if he's back with "his Angel", Luke is done. All they will have is Mr. Laura being played by TG again. Worst. Mistake. Possible. The 90's were horrible for Luke because of that.

• Members

Connie referred to Tracy as her BFF. I am really enjoying Connie and Tracy's relationship. wub.png

I know this might be unpopular around here, but the last couple times Luke and Tracy were onscreen together, I haven't been that excited. Of course it's always a pleasure when Tracy is onscreen, and I thought the small exchange regarding Edward's death was good, but everything else? Not so much. ph34r.png

Tracy's in the previews for Monday. Yay!

• Members

Mwah too!!!

I kinda feel the same. It KILLSSS!!! But of course I ♥ LuNacy!!! Their scenes weren't like,usual...If ya know what I'm saying? But I will fight to the death!!!

Anywho,you don't post as much as you used to sad.png And ik you have like work and you're busy and stuff...but that's why I never bugged you for the vids...Have you forgotten? And as I said before (if you remembered) don't worry,as long as you remember to send them,I can wait smile.png

• Members
I love them, too. I was trying to think of a time when Tracy had a BFF to scheme with that was female and came up blank. Can anyone else think of one? It's cool that Tracy finally has a female friend. And I LOVE that the friendship is based on mutual kindness over a shared grief of sorts. It makes the connection more deep and legitimate.

TG has looked and sounded rough the past couple of days. Whatever that illness that had him out for so long was must have taken its toll. I agree that you can tell they've really toned back the closeness factor in Luke and Tracy's relationship, but I think that may be a personal decision by the actors because you can see JE reacting in the background on Luke's call to Anna (even before the overt "bony" crack). These two are pros enough that they can turn that chemistry on whenever they want to inject it into a scene no matter what dialogue they're given so I'm going with personal acting choice.

I'm one of the few here who doesn't have any issues with GF, but I've never been a fan of the Laura character. She's selfish, self-indulgent, sanctimonious and tries to hide behind a lot of righteousness more often than not. From her roots with David Hamilton, running out on Scotty (one of my favorite old-school GH characters), worrying Lesley to death, marrying her rapist, hiding a child from her husband and then sleeping with his enemy after they separated, to the (unfair) mess Guza turned her into, Laura is not a character I'm inclined to root for, mostly because (like with Sonny and Carly) she's never apologetic for her actions no matter what irreparable damage they've caused. That said, it's evident there is an extremely vocal fanbase out there that won't settle for anything less than a LnL HEA (and I use that term loosely since its been firmly established that Laura doesn't really make Luke all that happy). I'm pretty sure if they're bringing Laura back, it's to usher off Tony.

Edited by stargazercmc