Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It doesn't matter to me that Genie is returning. Laura is boring to me, so unless I read about a good scene between Laura and someone who doesn't bore me, I won't watch. As for the LuNacy aspect, Luke and Tracy have been over for some time. They're not even married anymore, so Tracy isn't being dumped on in any way. It's not like Luke is going to be like, "Oh, look, Laura's home! Bye Tracy." He cannot drop Tracy because he doesn't even have Tracy. As long as Jane as Tracy has a story, I'm good.

About Britt being Tracy's daughter, it would give Tracy more story, but I do not like Britt. When she comes on, I cringe, even when she's not being rude. If Tracy were to get a long-lost daughter, I'd rather it be someone else.

Very excited to see that Ned spoiler! I would love for Wally Kurth to return full-time.

• Members

I post here every rare once and awhile, the news about Genie prompted me to de lurk and log on. LOL

I think it is a good thing for several reasons:

it's bound to be fodder for more story for Tracy, I know we'll get some good TraLaura scenes. (as much as some hate Genie, she and Jane like each other and always have enjoyed working together)

Luke and Tracy are over, that much is obvious, RC ended them months ago, so we likely won't have to sit through a Luke/Laura/Tracy triangle ( thank goodness)

Like it or not, Genie is a fan favorite, having her back is good for the future of the show.

I know some may disagree, that's cool, I just wanted to put in my two cents.

I am encouraged that Tracy is still getting good stuff with the ELQ sl, I expect it to continue with Laura on the scene to spar with.

Tracy has been like a mother to LuLu, Laura is bound to have feelings about that.

Even though Lunacy are over, you can bet that won't ease Tracy's ire at Laura, I expect to some good scenes between these two.

I say bring it on RC and well done GH on getting Genie back in the fold.

• Members

Ms.Q that's how I feel about it: unless I hear Laura has some great scenes with someone I really like, I have no reason to even bother acknowledging her existence. Truthfully though, I don't want a single Laura/Tracy scene again. Ever. For any reason. That is what would please me. Of course, they aren't asking me.....I don't have insider information so I don't know for a fact that it is going to affect Tracy in any way. I would much rather it did not. Let Frumpa McBore stand on her own.

• Members

I'm too emotionally attatched to fictional couples...and characters...and just freaking,my favorite television shows...I have problems...

I'm sorry,I just always have(will) love LuNacy. I don't think FRon wanted them together (to my inconvience). On the bright side,I can put aside my couple problems and enjoy and be content with the fact that it's Jane on my tv screen playing Tracy smile.png

• Members

Jin, I think Genie's return is good for the show too. I may find Laura boring, but I do recognize that she is an important character and that Genie is a fan favorite. smile.png

partyperson, I may have told you this already, but I used to be emotionally involved too with fictional couples/characters - whether on a soap opera or primetime. It started with Laura Innes as Kerry Weaver on ER and then moved to Jane Elliot as Tracy and then LuNacy... And for a while, I was really into Julie Andrews and most recently, I've been watching reruns of George Lopez, and Belita Moreno as Benny is cracking me up... I am finding myself frustrated that her role in much of the episodes I've caught is so small. Anyway, I can relate to you. smile.png It's the worst when you finally get used to your favorite character or couple not being on, only for them to return to being on a lot, and then for them to disappear again... It's like, "What happened?!?"

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

I ♥ how we can relate and you can understand me biggrin.png

I have primtime and sitcoms/sereies I also was/am emotionally involved in (80's-90's included). House m.d was a HUGE one,like HUGE. I also love Benny biggrin.png

And I don't just hate my couple not being on...I [!@#$%^&*] HATE IT!! Sorry for language =/

• Members

I went through a House obsession too! I totally forgot about that, but I would DVR all the episodes I never saw, so I could catch up on the series. I remember coming home from work everyday, snacking, and just watching House, lol. I stopped watching though when parts of the show started imitating a hard time in my real life.

And thanks for liking my Benny posts on Tumblr. Apparently, the show doesn't have a huge online fanbase. I know it ended in 2007, but still. It makes me sad that no one really wants to join in my newfound love for it. sad.png

Lucy and Tracy were goofy yesterday. Not sure if I would want all their scenes to be like that, but good to see Tracy on. I thought the best part was when Tracy found out about Trey dying. She seemed genuinely apologetic about going on and on about her ELQ victory. It was also sad to see her recall Trey being there when Joe Jr. died. JE/Tracy really nailed that scene with Michael/Starr... I liked Starr's reaction, "Well, that was weird" and how Michael explained that sometimes Tracy can surprise you...He is really learning a lot about Tracy lately - haha.

Anyone know her next air date?

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

The whole Trey/Joseph thing was such a waste, and why, because Steve Burton was leaving? No character, especially one with so much potential and different connections on the canvas, was worth sacrificing for Jason Morgan. As much as I will be a diehard LuNatic to the end, and prefer Tracy with Luke, Joseph brought something that Tracy never had before, and that is someone who didn't give a damn about her being a Quartermaine. Now they have her right back in the place she inhabited for the better part of 3 decades - all about ELQ but no personal life. I don't care how 'entertaining' she might be in individual scenes, this Tracy has never held much interested for me. Once again, I think we have writers who don't know how to make a 3-dimensional, mature woman.

• Members

I love George Lopez, just don't watch it that often anymore. I go in spurts with most shows, then I leave it for a while and start watching something else, but I still like it.

I actually watch mostly non episodic TV. I guess because I don't have to worry about keeping up with plots? LOL Just last night, I caught a new series on ID, "Redrum" (okay, yeah I know) but I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. It is a half hour show, reality crime show, that tells a tale of a murder in reverse. You see the victim, then it flashes to "one week prior" and all that stuff. Anyway, the two shows last night were really interesting, good actors doing the reinacting of the stories. It never confused me, took me by surprise several times, and never bored me. If you like that sort of thing, highly recommended. I am a "crime/mystery" buff anyway, fictional or otherwise, but lately true crime is my thing. Sorta OT, but if you like the "seeing a mystery play out backwards" kind of thing, and you've never seen it, you MUST catch "Memento" by Christopher Nolan. It does have quite a lot of bad language, I watched the edited version with most of the words bleeped or dubbed, but the story is awesome. Second only to " The Following", it is truly Nolan's masterpiece.

"Inception" isn't one tenth as clever. One hint if you haven't watched it and you think you might, is that any scenes in black and white are the "past". It can get confusing, so that helps. But it follows the same principle-the movie starts at the "end"-and you work your way back to finding out exactly what happened-who killed who and why.

Loved it, I will admit I sorta figured out the solution, but I didn't totally figure it out, because just when you think it is going to zig, it zags.

Sorry for the ramble.

I did catch the Tracy/Michael scenes. Tracy's little speech was the best part of the show, although I admit I did cry over Trey/Olivia and the ending.

I hope they do not do AJ/Carly. sad.png

If I can't have Larry/Tracy, I could handle Scott/Tracy. smile.png If done well.

ETA I agree the Joe and Trey characters being killed off was a waste. I love Tracy no matter what, but I also have to agree that corporate Tracy and ONLY corporate Tracy, doesn't interest me enough to compel me to watch. It might if better writers were involved. I do get the feeling that Tracy is staying busy to forget her loneliness-a factor I hope someone calls her on. I miss SEXY!Tracy as well. Which makes me miss Larry more. :(

Edited by ILoveTracyQ