The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

I can't guarantee I'll be in the breakroom later, I had my sis's birthday party today and I still have to draw, but I promice to do everything I can.

You know what i think is the most disturbing about hearing that Edward tries to get her committed? The fact that, of all the great scenes they have cut, that will surely make the show. Anything they can to knock her down a bit

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Treats.

GhostAlan Video: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...AF45BF64C4A3F76

Surprise Behind the Scenes Picture: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/ca...-18-2007-01.jpg

To see the rest (non-JE; well, there is one other JE picture with the fan, but it's been posted here before), go to to this thread.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

Hey All,

Behold.... New banner!! - and Quote!! :D

Thanks to Pinkpopsicle for the screencap :mwah: -----> :*

Thanks to Lainey for the quote :mwah: -------> :*

SMHP is still holdin' strong though. heehee

Ms. Q, You have email from moi :)

Edited by TracyLuv

• Members

I logged on and just realized I have nothing to say.

Tracy Rocks. That is all. :lol:

Oooh. Random thought: Isn't it funny, that when someone asks your opinion of something, and you give it, they get mad because it's not what they want to hear?

People are funny. I say, if you don't want an honest opinion, don't ask for one at all.

Right? Right. :)

It's going to be a looong week with no Tracy.

• Members

Well, since you asked...I've been working with the public since 1985, longer than many of the posters here have been alive. I've been editing and mentoring writers and artists since the early 90s--again, longer than a lot of people here have been alive.

And if I've learned nothing else in my years of experience, it's that how you express your opinion is often more important than what your opinion is. People who ask for opinions/feedback are usually hesitant to do so, and only a sincere desire to improve is enough to motivate some people to ask. Even if they're just looking for flattery (like I was in a recent email to a mailing group of mine), they are asking for a reason.

If a friend asks you for an opinion, they're asking you as a friend. A good rule of thumb is to respond as a friend. In other words, if you don't like it, be gentle. If you like it, be generous with your praise. If you think it needs work, suggest positive improvements while still helping to maintain the person's fragile ego.

If this is too much to ask of you, if you feel it is too much of a strain on you to have to "walk on eggshells" when providing feedback, then politely refuse the request. Your friend will appreciate it much more than false praise or damning criticism.

Just my opinion. We all have one.

• Members

Hmmm..well, I wasn't talking about the same thing you're talking about. But I'll take your advice.

I was talking more " do you like my new haircut?"

I hate answering questions like that, because no matter what you say, if you don't like it and you say so, the person gets upset.

Ah well.

Perfect way to start out a Monday morning. *shrug*

• Members

:) A friend of mine always does that to me, and her hair always looks atrocious. I just smile and say, "Oh, you got a hair cut. Wow. When did you get it cut?" That just leads them into talking about it, and I smile and keep my mouth shut. I usually slide right past the "Wow, you look like a badger committed suicide on your forehead" comment without anyone ever noticing.

Sorry you're having a rough day.

• Members

OT: Okay, folks. Mark your calendars because on Thursday, May 17, 2007 at 11:30am, Ms. Q has an appointment with the endodontist, and if all goes according to plan, she will finally stop complaining about her tooth once and for all.

And please SoapGods, let Friday's LuNacy scenes air today. PLEASE! [/begging]

*waves to smirks*

• Members

Mrs. Q! I flove the banner. I really flove the banner. I totally like the sound of Geary & Elliot : attorneys at law.

I also think your mvid is fan-freakin-tastic. I was totally feeling the song choice on that one. I don't know what exactly it is about the song that makes it rock so much, but there's something delightfully tongue-in-cheek funny about it, and also there's something about it that's smug and creepy and caper-y...yes, caper-y, it's in the fangirl dictionary. It fits Alan's mood, and the storyline all at once. I love the simplicity of the editing as well. It just moves along really nicely, so the storyline and the clip choices become the main focus of the vid, and since you did a great job picking out the clips, it's just wonderful.

Speaking of vids in general, I'd also like to pimp my own Alan tribute vid (real, live Alan...not Ghost!Alan) (Youtube link). Not as much Tracy as I would have liked, but I made sure she got in there a fair bit. Alan affected so many characters, and it's freakin' hard to find living Alan and Tracy clips.

*goes back into curled up fetal position* Too many margaritas last night....way too many margaritas. Don't want to talk about it.

• Members

Not really. It's 22 minutes into the show and no mention on Soapzone. I still can't believe they did that to us. :angry:

Why, that's all I want to know. They don't explain things. They give us some scenes and then, nothing. In a few weeks later Tracy we show back up, where is she going and more importantly why? Still royally ticked.

PS But we must see Amelia and her clipboard everyday for a month.

Edited by pinkpopsicle