DAYS: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

It doesn't make sense.  The coma/accident is an extra layer of stupidity to this whole story.  The only reason it might make sense is Everett is blaming his memory loss on the accident.  But what is the endgame here?  It seems as though Bobby/Everett and Jada went through the entire divorce process so he would have been free to see Stephanie and the ghosting makes no sense.  

The whole elaborate plot of Everett forgetting his entire life with Jada seems like way too much work to do intentionally.  Stephanie had no idea he was married or that it was to Jada, so he'd gotten away with it basically.

Unless this is heading into some Ron weird DID territory, there are too many extraneous details that make the whole thing overly complicated.

I think he's Nick's twin and Nick was married to Jada or some weird crap.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They've even retconned how he looks. During his first episode, they intentionally had him run into Gabi, who didn't recognize him at all. So he didn't look like Nick and certainly wasn't identical to him. But more recently, they had Julie remark that he looked somewhat like Nick, or at least reminded her of Nick. That felt like someone (Alarr? The scab writers?) had decided to tie him to the Hortons after all. With the recent mentions of Tommy and Sandy, I kinda wonder if they're going to make him a cousin of Nick's through that line or something.

• Members

That's why I think the show is making this up as they go along.  He didn't look like Nick, but now Everett does.  If Ron hadn't gone out of his way to show Nick in hell working for the devil, it would have been pretty easy to just make him Nick and go from there.   Or even if you didn't want to work on rehabbing Nick as a character the show could have established he looked like Nick and just made him a twin/brother/whatever.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think Blake Berris is an intriguing actor.  He is handsome, but quirky, and not an obvious "soap hunk.”  He reminds me of Gerald Anthony in that he's an emotional actor who is unexpectedly cast in daytime (not that he is exactly as talented as GA, but I think you understand my point).

Given that it is the second time that the production has tried to build a story around him, I just hope they don't write him into a corner.  His last session with Marlena suggested that Everett's secret lies with his family history, not his accident.  My hope is that explaining his actions in relation to a family trauma will allow Blake to stay on Days for a while longer.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I like Blake Berris a lot as well.  I always have.  He's just something different from your usual soap hunk, like you said, but still appealing.  I think he's a really good actor too.  I have always felt Nick/BB got a raw deal from Days back in the day, so I do want him to succeed.  This story is just such a clusterf*ck at this point

It would be so much easier to explain then, say, Vivian randomly having two twin boys by Stefano!!  Lol.  We've suffered through worse as Days fans.

• Members

Playing catchup...

Interesting how DOOL announces temporary recasts, but not permanent ones. NuTate is good, while skewing older and more emotionally grounded/mature. I feel like I missed the beats where Holly became enamored with him. Was the turnaround motivated by guilt, is it even real?

BB reminds me so much of myself, physically and acting approach, no wonder why he's my favorite actor on the show.

Please register in order to view this content

(Johnny ogling aside.)

• Members

So, Johnny and Chanel’s honeymoon getting interrupted was a total let down. And an out of character one, for that matter.

I don’t get it.

I somewhat understand stalling some storylines until the strike is over but I don’t understand why you would add more layers to some and do nothing for others. I wonder who made this decision.

Thomas stealing John’s trigger card could be interesting though. And if it helps rid us of Konstantin, then I’m all for it. Maggie was smart today too, so I hope she continues to do that. 

Btw, green card marriages are still a thing? 

• Members

Don't you need a ferry to get to the Horton Cabin?  Isn't it on Smith Island?  Julie said she just drove lol.

If the show 90 day fiancé is any indication I assume green card marriage are still a real thing lol.

• Members

I thought when Julie said that she drove there, she meant that she drove Rolf's submarine

Please register in order to view this content

I was certain that we'd see Clyde at the cabin, so I was actually happy it was Julie.  Although, I wondered if this was Julie's first scene with either Johnny or Chanel?  I presume the newlyweds have not gone back to the mansion since their wedding?

It was kind of a boring Friday, and I feel like I completely missed the day that Xander actually got exonerated.  I saw him go to Rafe about his knock off track pants, but I never saw him actually have the charges dropped, unless that happened off-screen. 

How fun would it be if one of Chad's kids turns into a mini-Stefano and begins to control John as his pawn?  Making him take his spelling tests and finally giving him some attention.  Rachel and Thomas are the Stefano and Vivian of the next generation.

• Members

EJ told Sarah/Xander on Wednesday (I think?).  It was a scene in the Town Square and he just told Xander the charges were dropped.

Xander still had questions as to who framed him, but EJ had walked away by that point.