GH: Character Recast

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think ASJ & Michael Sutton looked like they were related. I know with the sister Gina not so much

It is weird that Mark Teschner Cast Jagger in 92 and then casts this actor now. Makes me wonder what the casting breakdown said

• Members

I don't think Teschner often has much control over some of FV's casting choices. Teschner still occasionally scores a big hit like Chavez or Tabyana Ali or a few others, but I think Frank casts a lot himself. Many, many casting choices at GH since 2012 emulate Frank's preference for 'trainable' hunks and vague young blondes and brunettes. His taste has not changed much since his personal pick of the uh, winner of I Wanna Be a Soap Star. You're not going to tell me Teschner cast Ryan Paevey, Dead Oscar, Jordan #2 and 3 or whoever the fúck plays Willow.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Right I agree

Id love to see that casting breakdown

Did it say the character name or just say FBI guy

ASJ is Italian not sure what Jagger is. Stone looked more like Jagger than both actresses who played their sister Gina

• Members

Frank’s casting is largely why I don’t watch GH anymore.* The show is bloated with useless characters with no ties to GH or its history. They need to trim the fat sooner rather than later. 

*The other reason is their refusal to utilize Genie properly. The show should be centred around the hospital and Laura.

• Members

Optics wise its so jarring and like I said if they arent gonna use Jagger past this who shot Curtis arc then why is he Jagger. He could have just been a new character who is an FBI agent

Has me wondering if Jagger stays, If they will bring on his son, Stone who is around college age to enroll at PCU

Genie and Taby were excellent today

• Members

Seriously, Frank Valentini is just John Conboy with brighter lighting.

But even Conboy would have hired an Hispanic Italian actor with dark features for the role.

Edited by Khan