GH: Character Recast

• Members

Beginning Feb 2nd, Adam Harrington assumes the role of John "Jagger" Cates who works for the FBI

Jagger was originated by Antonio Sabato Jr who played the role from 1992-94 and again in 1995 on GH and in 2008 on GH Night Shift

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Frank just does not give a fúck. It reminds me of when they got that rando from Seinfeld to do a few days as Kevin just because Jon Lindstrom dared to book True Detective and not hang out in the parking lot indefinitely.

You don't have to knee-jerk defend everything this show does just because they call someone "Jagger" onscreen.

Edited by Vee

• Members

IDC if it's for an under-five.  This is 2024.  Unless this dude is playing someone who's just using Jagger's name, Frank Valentini needs to answer for this [!@#$%^&*].  Otherwise, #FireFrank needs to be resurrected.

• Members

Also, whatever his D-list profile now Antonio Sabato Jr. was one of the most recognizable TV and music video sex symbols of the '90s. People know what he looks like even if they don't know his name. He was not the picture of whiteness. The least you can do is cast a Latino or Italian dude. It's like if Michael Muhney turned up playing Antonio Vega.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I guess after Blair went from Asian to Cacausian on OLTL, I just realized that its gonna happen. Gotta say it was jarring and I do wonder if there is a reason it had to be Jagger or why he couldnt be a random FBI guy

• Members

Just because it might be inevitable, that doesn't make it acceptable.  It wasn't acceptable when OLTL did it, and it sure as [!@#$%^&*] ain't acceptable now.

I seriously don't know who to be mad at more: Frank Valentini, for thinking he could get away with this; or you, for casually condoning it while looking the other way.

I mean, if that's the case, then I guess you wouldn't mind if I were to recast Jason with some black dude?  Hey, it's gonna happen!

• Members

Said it was jarring but many are saying that ASJ is cacausian Italian. That he is not Hispanic so yeah maybe an actor of darker complexion but my big question did this have to be Jagger and if so then why this actor

• Members

Jagger and Stone's ethnicity may or may not have been vague, I can't recall, but he sure didn't look or present like this. When you recast an international sex symbol who was explicitly a dark Italian male and often coded Latino onscreen, you can at least not cast a CMT background player in the role. I don't care that they recast Jagger, Jagger ain't all that. But this actor choice is just tomfoolery.

Edited by Vee