Y&R: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well they DO keep showing Jack wincing (and his signature grimace) every time Ashley goes in for a hug. So Jack has an inkling of Ash's level of disturbance. Then again, Diane has changed Jack's brain to mush so it will probably take him a year to really notice Ashley is off her rocker.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Is it reasonable to think that after this 50th anniversary has passed that they will stop bringing these older insignificant characters back and will maybe just get back to writing new stuff for the show?

How ridiculous is this return of the likes of Mamie, Danny, Cole and his Aunt Jordan? Even Daniel and Heather are a bust. They are underutilizing TSJ/Tucker. I want them all to leave (except TSJ) and for the show to get back to some stories for the core characters that were there through all of the Covid bullchit.

Amanda's return? Not needed and super temporary. Seth is an absolutely useless character so I hope he leaves when they decide to kill off Jordan.

Are they just trying to work in some old characters because of the anniversary of the show? I'm over it. It's an epic fail (like the dumb gala).

• Members

The writing is at fault. It matters little who is on the canvas if the writing is ineffective. The last time I watched the writing for Summer and Chance was just treading water and ZS was making lemonade out of essentially lemons, in terms of the writing.

• Members

Whoever is overseeing the CBS soaps should be fired… these Bell soaps are so awful and aimless when they’re not outright offensive. We know historically how the execs meddle and influence what we see on screen, even nitpicking lines of dialogue, so they also should be held accountable about the state of these shows. Whoever is reading these thrusts/scripts and is signing off on them needs to go. They’re beyond out of touch. 

• Members

Since CBS fired Angelica McDaniel and folded their daytime operations into other existing operations, it seems like the soaps are no longer being micromanaged and they’ve become very complacent. 

This show needs a drastic shakeup. Josh Griffith has been boring and tanking this ship for years at this point. What will it take for Sony to finally admit this and fire him? 

• Members

Didn't the "head of the soaps" dept fold after AMd was fired? I don't think anyone oversees them anymore

and that like almost every single character is trotted out to talk about a kid that's offscreen is just so bad. They even trotted poor Sharon out for this

Why are they acting like Connor has a terminal illness? 

• Members

I'm not really surprised, but I cannot believe they put the few Sharon scenes into this, especially since she hasn't been seen in so long. I see she still has her never-ending snark when speaking with Adam. I thought exactly what you typed, that they "trotted out Sharon for this".

I wonder who is responsible for all of the "up-do" hairstyles today? Even Nina Reeves on GH has an unusual ginormous hair bun on top of her head this week. I usually only complain when the ladies' long hair looks so fake. Up-dos were a nice change. Nikki wore it best. Chelsea looked awful. Sharon's messy top-bun was cute, but her hair color was super odd and very brown at the roots.

Am I the only one who remembers that Sally, about a year ago, emphatically stated that she would "never take a paycheck signed by a Newman ever again"? She is so freaking fickle, can't stand her.

Edited by Beachstorm

• Members

It will either take a significant ratings decline or a prominent cast member shading the writing in the media for any real change to happen. But they’ll be in denial about any ratings decline anyway.

At this point, they probably don’t have anyone else who wants to run this show either. Options are now limited in the recycled pool daytime picks from. 

Perhaps they need to hire an EP from outside of daytime, maybe one that comes from film or independent film and pair him/her/them with a new Head Writer - or a pair of Co-HW’s (one also from outside of daytime and one from “the system”).

This show is just in dire need of a creative change and shift.

Edited by BetterForgotten