Y&R: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's still ridiculous, Paul, especially since we see nothing that Sally does or works on. There's not one business story on this show that works.

Also not working? Casting child actors who look like they're stoned. Dominic and Harrison could not look more uninvolved and bored and disinterested than they do. The other child actors are no better, because they never seem to forget they're "ACTING."

• Members

Totally agree-my comments re Sally were to highlight that ridiculousness.

The way business stories are written, anything can happen as we don't see it on air. Sally could have easily landed a gig redecorating say Lauren's apartment , with everyone raving about how great a job she did w/o ever seeing it.

It really puzzles me who is overseeing this. Does anyone at CBS or Sony review story or are they that disinterested that whatever Josh serves up they agree to as long as the shows get made on time and on budget?

As for Mr Griffith himself, with so many directions to go in, he never fails to choose the least interesting or illogical path.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I wonder if those execs actually watch the show, or just read the projections? I mean, they might be under the impression that what was written, actually happens on the show, lol.

If I wrote you a projection about how Mariah and Tessa would decide to have a child, have problems adopting because they had criminal histories, then get cleared, then meet with multiple potential birth mothers, have their hopes dashed time after time when the mothers changed their minds, then finally connected with one and went through the process of adoption, and then slowly noticed that the child wasn't reacting to things, realized she couldn't hear, and got a cochlear implant... it doesn't sound like a bad story. I would be thinking about all the Camryn Grimes Emmy bait scenes, the anticipation, the joy, the tears when it all falls through... very Bill Bell style... and then finally meeting the birth mother, going through that emotional journey... the birth, holding the child for the first... the slow realization that something is wrong...

Except almost none of this ever happened. Updates were just relayed to Sharon at the coffee house once every couple of weeks. We didn't even see the baby for months. They sat in the park and explained how Aria didn't react to silverware falling on the floor. They barely sprung for a doctor's office set for two scenes (I was surprised) and then the story was over.

So I wonder if Josh Griffith tells the execs that Tessa and Mariah are adopting a child, or if he tells them the truth, that Tessa and Mariah will be sitting in the coffeehouse telling Sharon about how they adopted a child. I don't expect the suits to care, of course. I am sure they think the audience is dumb and if they can maintain enough of a rating just talking about stuff, that's good enough (and if the ratings fall they won't try to improve it, just cut the budget even more so we see less).

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Isn't that the truth? Always so much potential -- leading to nothing.

Bold, your explanation of the Mariah/Tessa story is spot on perfect, and the fact that you could do this with so many Y&R storylines is telling...and pathetic.

• Members

What the hell are they doing with ED/Ashley? My God, she sounds like an idiot every day now. She sits on the couch with her faraway look and the never-ending scowl on her face. This is worse than a high school play, as she chases after Tucker asking him the same thing over and over again. Then she sits around questioning what she remembers and Jack sits alongside her, coddling her. Don't get me started on what Traci has been reduced to.  What an awful storyline for such wonderful actors.

• Members

So what's the deal with Billy insisting on a name change to Abbott Chancellor winters? First of all -Who cares?

Has this come from Jill or just Billy trying to assert himself?

And since when has Jill used the Abbott name? Last time I noticed it was Jill Fenmore Atkinson. She hasn't been an Abbott for years. Much ado about nothing.

Notice that the bar where Jordan met Seth had one extra passing through and GCAC had 2 servers and 2 customers but no receptionist for CW or customers at CL.

So Ashley is losing it because of that argument in a Paris bistro? After all her previous issues, wouldn't she have some strategies in place to deal with any triggers? I'm assuming a wealthy woman like Ashley would have access to the best care?

Sorry but I am going to comment on appearance. Victoria looks so much better with her hair fuller rather than the stringy look she sported for years. But the tight white top emphasized how thin she is.

So tired of the man in the dark suits/shirts.

And Jack/Lauren/Nikki/Victoria etc have time to wander around town while supposedly running those businesses they otherwise are obsessed with.

• Members

I vividly remember commenting on this a few years back after seeing it in the closing credits as such after Morina/Griffith took over, actually I think it changed back under Sussman and Mal now that I think about it. 

Honestly Jill Foster Abbott is how she should be styled, the marriage to Colin was probably illegal to begin with knowing Colin’s con jobs and as for Fenmore other than I think a minor scene last year Lauren and Jill haven’t mentioned their sisters for several years.

UGH. Don’t even get started on the utter ridiculous and nonsense of Friday’s episode. 

It’s actually so disappointing, disheartening, and pathetic to see how bad the two Bell soaps have become in 2024. Here in this “February Sleeps” month as @Taoboi would say we see Y&R committing the sin of absolute boredom as the show quietly plummets into oblivion while a B&B on hospice care inspires nothing but righteous indignation, disgust, and bitter disappointment. Both shows contracts end in September of this year with no renewal news yet. 

• Members

She probably enjoys acting like an idiot losing her mind, but I know I'm not enjoying it. I don't enjoy her stints as Susan Banks either, but I'm sure it's fun for her to play such a bumpkin whacko.

ED has stayed around for almost all of Trevor St. John's new-found tenure on YR. I thought she would be gone by now, and they are completely wasting her talents with this crap. I don't enjoy her falling apart over this one argument. Talk about milking a poor storyline until we're beyond sick of it.

• Members

More boring business stories that take place at vague companies.

I think all these random companies should merge into one big corporation no one will care about....Jabot-Newman-Chancellor-Winters-McCall-Barber...and add Sharon and Sally's random company. Then, everyone can sit around on one set and talk about the "work" they have to do.