Y&R: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I dunno, they’re likely to make her seem like a totally different character. I figure, they may as well use…totally different characters, ones who are aggressive, with a winner take all mentality, which would be antithetical to Brock and Mac’s personalities.

Also, the writers wrecked Mac’s possibilities by saddling her with JT’s kids. Bringing back Mac would inevitably give Victoria and the Newmans more license to eat more of the show.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I can certainly see JG deciding that Mac has given up her lifestyle working at a non-profit for global good to be a corporate shill, lol. Not that I'd want to see that. Or really any version of Mac unless it's Ashley Bashioum, if she's even still acting.

• Members

I could be wrong about this, but I've always suspected that Phillip Chancellor was an opportunist who had preyed upon the widowed Kay Reynolds, took over her late husband's company (and renamed it after himself) and turned her into a drunk before leaving her for a younger, prettier woman.  But, again, I'm probably wrong in my interpretation.

Edited by Khan

• Members

-- Eileen Davidson is such a great actress, and there's no question that she can handle a descent into madness.

But this storyline? It's the mess that everyone here has described, and it's beyond annoying to see Ashley fall apart because of one argument in a Paris bistro. It's ludicrous and pathetic. I love ED, but I don't want this on my screen.

-- The business stories continue to be the worst in soap history. That is not hyperbole. There's not one business story we have a reason to care about. Everything is about changing executives like musical chairs and it's all done offscreen with no detail.

Do we even know what Kyle does? Or what Summer does? Or what (insert any name) does? Do we know -- or have we ever known -- what Tucker wants? Do we know why Audra moves from company to company? Do we know what Ashley does? Do we know why Diane is in a leadership position at Jabot? Do we know why Abby has to leave her Society job to be on the board at CW? Do we know why Chance is a CW? What Nate is doing? Why Billy cares about the name of CW? Do we know what Sharon's company does?

You all know we can ask another 100 questions about business in Genoa City. The truth is that Josh Griffith cannot write business stories -- and that's all he gives us. It's maddening.

• Members

Now, that would be an interesting and inspired twist.

I love the idea of one of Gary Reynolds long lost children (or grandchildren) showing up with claims that Phillip Chancellor took control of the company illegally.

Chance turning corporate was a real head scratcher. He was one of the few people on the show that DIDN'T have one of these vague corporate jobs. At this rate, I'm sure Traci will give up her career as a write so that she too can join some random a*& corporation in some vague position!

• Members

Just thinking about how having all these long  running characters has  led to a situation where most of them can't walk into Society, GCAC etc w/o bumping into a former love or fling

Jack-Diane, Phyllis,Sharon, Nikki

Diane-Jack, Victor, Nick

Ashley-Tucker, Cole

Phyllis - Danny, Michael, Jack, Nick

Nick- Sharon, Phyllis, Chelsea, Sally

Adam- Sally, Sharon, Chelsea

Billy - Lily, Chelsea, Summer, Phyllis

Sharon - Nick, Chance, Jack, Billy

Victoria - Billy, Nate, Cole

Abby - Chance, Devon

Chance - Sharon, Summer, Abby

Sally - Jack, Nick, Adam

Nate- Abby, Victoria

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

I love this post. It is spot on. Thank you.

I like ED, but I don't like her losing it over something so trivial. It's been drawn out for months and beyond ridiculous. Everyone has said it. I ask again, is she leaving again soon? (Please, God?)

To the business storylines I just ask why, why is it taking all this time up on our screen. I'd almost rather see Sally painting Daniel's walls.

And the only reason Billy is trying for a name change is because Tucker goaded him into thinking about it. Why not add Abbott? Company names change often enough. I just think Jack might protest to it even though it really doesn't concern him (and he's too busy holding Nikki's purse and delivering luncheon in a brown paper bag to Nikki and Lauren. RME)

This JG guy has no clue what is good or what we want. It's really quite unbelievable this sh*t he's writing (and airing).

• Members

2-13

Well, I knew that Ashley and Audra would cross eventually and how she would feel at Tucker being back with her. And for me, that was WORTH the wait at least. While I don't love this story with Ashley maybe losing her mind...again...I LOVE Eileen Davidson and watching her and she's given great moments like the scene of her vs her family. I rarely see Ashley and Tracy go at it so that was something. But...Ashley leaving the club, but turning around with her question about if Audra was sleeping with Tucker and Kyle at the same time and her catty 'classy.' Ooooo BURN. The inflections was Ashley but the stare and body language was soooo DAYS Kristen. So thank you for that Y&R.

Yeeah, @soapfan770 this has been pretty boring to me. I've been enjoying the performances. And I do like some of who they are focused on. But it's been more annoying than not. Like Summer/Chance are off screen. I didn't mind a break from Claire, but she has kinda vanished. And now Billy is going to try to undermine Devon. I would rather it was Nate, but it just feels very 'square peg in a circle' storyline to me. Even Nikki's story has annoyed me though I love that it is at least SOMETHING and also gives MTS something to do. But it did have me wondering...what the most interesting 'Nikki Falls Off the Wagon' story has been in the history of the show. Outside of how it started. 

Phyllis/Danny/Christine has finally become a mixed bag to me. On one hand, I love seeing MS and LB mix it up. It just takes me back to when I was young and the psycho was obsessed with 'the Bug.' And Danny/Christine...just good times. So I don't mind it. But at this point...it's giving me memories of OLTL when they would take the older vets and put them in triangles and then have them act like they are in their 20s or worse teenagers. There is a way to do this triangle and keep it classy (c)Ashley Abbott. hehe. In fact, I would say it had a good start with Danny/Phyllis reconnecting around X-mas over the fact they were older, somewhat wiser and could talk about the past and even joke around it. So alas. 

It has just felt so...scattershoted.

• Members

I binged-watched Y&R this weekend.  Curious to see where the Jordan/Seth alliance leads.  I think Ashley has a split personality, it's disturbing, but if anyone can sell this plot it is Eileen.

• Members

Personally, I don't think any of Nikki's battles with the bottle have been interesting.  Nor does it make sense to me that Jack is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict himself.  (Sex addict?  Maybe.  Drug addict and alcoholic?  No).  If anyone on this show should be an alcoholic, it should be Jill.  I've always felt Jill should have ended up like Kay: a rich, old lush with a yen for hot, younger men.

Oh Lord, lol.