GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

This is the Eva LaRue article on soaphub
https://soaphub.com/general-hospital/news-gh/eva-larue-says-her-gh-character-natalia-is-not-homophobic

Soaphub is quoting from this ABC Channel 7 Chicago
interview here; which hopefully everyone can see at this youtube link unless it's geo-blocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xwfoBpRSQM

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sorry for any confusion. I think that it is this other person who is supposed to be ignoring me by order of Toups that I am calling a troll. And, it is me who is the object of their trolling. Although if I am right & they are impersonating Vee & Liberty City, then they too are victims of this ... person. I would love to be unimportant to them!!! I'm sure you can imagine. 

Good work as always, Jane! 

• Members

Which is why you can cite it in the Classic thread as being about that. 5-8 videos posted per page like today and the other day slows everything down. Unless you think a poster won't know how to find these clips in another thread. Is that something you're concerned about, John?

Edited by Vee

• Members

I doubt that's why they chose her character name as "Natalia", although it's possible.

It's far more likely that they chose it because Natalia was the name of Eva LaRue's character on "CSI: Miami".
Eva mentioned this in one of her recent interviews that she noticed that they used her CSI name.  She said that outside of the USA, she's known/recognized for CSI, and not as much for AMC.

(I suppose it *could* be a secondary homage to Otalia)

My personal speculation (without actually knowing anything) is that this is something Valentini might have chosen to do with people from other soaps..

Michael E. Knight on AMC as Tad Martin.
Michael E. Knight on GH as *Martin* Gray.

Eva LaRue on CSI: Miami as Natalia Boa Vista.
Eva LaRue on GH as Natalia Rogers-Ramirez.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

So..it's not exactly untrue.  Jagger did visit Stone, but he wasn't there when he passed (even though everyone knew it was a matter of weeks) and didn't attend his funeral.  I know it was about actor availability, but I clearly remember Sonny saying where is Stone's family right now? before he died.  So Sonny has felt that way for a long time.

• Members

I did in fact post the link to the article. Several of us tried to find the video of the WLS-Chicago original interview, without success, although I also emailed the station so they may have put it up after interest was shown. And, again I would reiterate that Errol does this all the time, quoting things that were said in other interviews. And, no, SoapHub is not some inferior click-bait site, not at all. Michael Maloney, Janet Di Lauro, Alina Sivorinsky Wickham, etc. are top-notch. Maloney was who Lee Bell chose to write a 2012 book about Bill Bell with. (Excellent book.) Alina has numerous soap books to her name. Di Lauro was previously on the Weekly team. 

• Members

Well in the vids i posted. Jagger & Karen Offered to take Stone to Chicago, Stone Declined

They then offered to  stay in PC but Stone didnt want them to put their lives on hold to watch him die. 

They didnt just learn he had AIDS and say Bye. Stone's Sister Gina did that however

Is Sonny off his meds????

Edited by John

• Members

I did not attempt to quote you, I actually did quote you & I knew that you were referring to ranger's post. And, again first & foremost I had already posted the link to the article. Your saying here that no one posted it is in fact ignorant of what was posted. And,, also your saying that no one posted it when in fact I did is frightfully silly.

And here is the link that supposedly was not posted. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges