GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I do suspect PM sharpened up those scenes, but who knows. I'm still not particularly invested in the couple though, and I hope to Christ the latest needless baby story with T.J. and Molly vanishes immediately.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, it's definitely a wait and see sort of pairing and could go places.  I am just worn down or pessimistic about all things Kristina.  Getting Mansi was a good sign, but I still don't think the show has ever been invested in Kristina and I don't love this baby story.

It has to be one of the most unflattering dresses I have ever seen.  No shade on AS or her weight/size, but I don't even think a 90lb size 0 girl could pull it off.

• Members

Same here. I still wonder if they had any real plan when they hired her or if it was just another pointless get for Frank. Because this baby subplot and their stumbling onto Blaze clearly was not it. I know some people suspected they'd intended a triangle with Dex and Joss, which would've also bored me to tears. 

• Members

I remember Parker. And I remember that went nowhere fast from what I read.

But...after all this time...isn't Kristina though? She now has two. The baby surrogate and now the romance story with Blaze. And we used to get nada on her before. I almost want to say 3 if they had kept the rivalry between her and Joss going that they started when LA was in the role.

I almost want to give the writers their due in that they did what the majority of us wanted done when the recasting of her and Molly(s) started and stopped the surrogacy story since they were recasts and actually took time with both characters (and actresses) and let them develop over time. And once the audience was debatedly used to the actresses off in their own stories and interactions, THEN they started back on the baby surrogate tale. At least, the Kristina angle. 

• Members

ABC has a decent picture of her up but she's with Brad who I do not think we've seen in months!

Spoilers say 

Please register in order to view this content

About Blaze, I think she is holding her own between 2 Emmy winners. I love that Kate Mansi is playing the Greek chorus with only facial expressions & body language to achieve that. And, ELR is just so bad, it's good. 

• Members

Yeah...regardless of how I sound above...I can get behind a wait and see. After all they did vanish there for a moment. And that does happen to Kristina more than I feel it should. 

AS is definitely a beautiful woman. That dress though...I can't. What were they thinking? 

• Members

You've explained exactly what I'm worried about regarding Spinelli. I think we're heading for a regression, unless Mulcahey stops it in its tracks.

Also agree completely about Carly's opinions of Bobbie. No matter that Carly as a child didn't know Bobbie -- it was still obvious to anyone in Port Charles that Bobbie could be messy and then some. I hate it when they rewrite characters as having no flaws/saintly lives.

• Members

Well since I don't read spoilers unless I ask we know I don't want and will not that read that.

Please register in order to view this content

I do appreciate the thought though.

Watching this last week or so and knowing about the writing change, the writing does feel like it's trying to wrap up a lot of Chris and Dan's stories so an appearance by Brad does not shock me. Shame he couldn't have been around when Lucas was.