ALL: Character's heyday vs Character's low point

• Members

Another World, Felicia Gallant

A high point: 80s friendship with Cass & with Wallingford

A high point: near the end marrying Sergei to keep him from being deported, green card marriage to a very young great-looking Russian dude

A low point: Getting hair extensions for her 40th birthday. I have pictures to prove it. 

The lowest point: Stealing her best friend's husband

A funny low point: Driving a truck, frantically changing gears, going downhill, she & Wally realize that the brakes aren't working, going faster & faster, with Carolyn the gorilla in the back of the truck, so much screaming, crashed into Tall Boys, a Bay City restaurant (Clip on YT.) 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Loved that time on AW, the only time I watched it..Felicia, Cass, Wallingford and the Jackee characters made this weird little oddball family, bouncing off of Cecile..I loved that episode with the truck and the gorilla (thought they shouldn't have brought her back for the finale but...) Felicia was fun and kooky and up for any kind of Lucy caper...then  I watched years later and Felicia was a drunk (and not a fun one) ruined it all..then later she was in a boring romance with a guy that was played for drama not laughs and...where did my Felicia go?

Reva Shayne...high points the Slut of Springfield and married to that old coot H.B....I also liked her without Josh, when she got a job and was trying to make ends meet and was hanging out with Fletcher..Reva at that time was more real, she had friends (sure, most of them guys) family a job, she could do it all, comedy, drama, sexiness, camp, and still be down to earth. Low point..post resurrection and Rauch years, she no longer drove story, things happened to her, she was plot point, and had no purpose besides "Always" ..(her kids, anyone else took a back seat to Always...) she actually came back more to her original incarnation during the Wheeler/Peapack years..(despite the stupid miracle baby when she was well past 50) 

• Members

I agree with everyone who's said that Erica Kane's heyday was the early 80s. Freshly divorced from Tom, living her best life as a model in NYC, swooping into Pine Valley from time to time to remind the townsfolk that she really is that girl, and laughing at her haters. Truly the high point of La Kane!

• Members

This was around the time they rescued Cecile from some kidnapping, in a house where a masked ball was going on, so Cecile puts a lampshade on her head for a disquise..and she mutters.."of all the things that I have done and have happened to me...this is the LOWEST!" Then a few months later I tuned in and it was a boring straight soap. 

Sorry, off topic.

• Members

NO, on topic! You just listed a low point for Cecile!!! 

Here, I'll help. A high point for Cecile was when she abandoned the scam she'd been running by saying that Cass was her daughter Maggie's father & admitted that he was not. 

And, God Bless, the wonderful Nancy Frangione, who unfortunately left us last year. 

• Members

Cecile gave birth in April 82 so therefore became pregnant in 81 when she was involved with Jamie and Sandy and was onscreen. The story at the time hinted that Jamie may have been Maggie's father.

Cass arrived in July 82. When he met her she already had an infant. I don't know if the rewrite addressed this or just pretended Cass and Cecile were involved when she got pregnant.

• Members

My memory may be a bit off but I think the rewrite was that Cecile hooked up with Cass outside of Bay City while she was also involved with Sandy and Jamie.  When Cass arrived in 1982 Elena mentioned that the Winthrop and DePoulignac families were old friends. As much as I hated the rewrite and was happy when it was undone Cass and Cecile did know each before he moved to Bay City. I will try to find his intro episode on YouTube to see if I remember correctly.

At 9:20 Elena mentions a past with Cass’ father.

• Members

No..I liked funny Cecile and being the Queen of whatever she was.  NF and the rest of the actors had great comic timing.  A light hearted fun soap would have been good competition for ATWT which was about to becoming depressed under Marland's full control. 

• Members

Thank you! 

Here is something for end of the day.

TAYLOR FORRESTER

- HEYDAY- 1990-1992 - Intelligent, dimensional, beautiful, complex, a woman to die for. Her scenes with Ridge had substance. She was his critic and his educator. She managed to get some complex energy out of this otherwise robotic Don Juan. By far the most interesting couple - because they were SO DIFFERENT. Her scenes with Brooke were amazing, with Taylor killing Brooke with wisdom and wit.

Please register in order to view this content

- LOW POINT - Taylor sleeps with Rick - the man her daughter loves. I mean... they shouldn't have done this. It's so out of character... They made her a Brooke clone for couple of months. What followed were absurd fights and the worst of all - Taylor was put in a position that only her biggest enemy could be in. Unnatural and sick. This is not the Taylor we all loved.

Edited by OpportunisticSlut