GH: Surprise Announcement!?

• Members

Neither of these people look happy! KM is literally leaning away from him! At least he and LW are smiling in the other photos I saw. This is not how you promote something!

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah… the above picture is definitely saying something lol

I think we all knew that this was going to happen eventually. 

Hell, this wouldn’t have happened at all had it not been for the vaccine mandate. Kinda makes you wonder what Days would have been like. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

To go to sleep early and wake up to this news...

Please register in order to view this content

Yikes. 

As you all have pointed out, Kelly doesn't even look happy by his return and who can blame her?! Sam was stuck in the mob rut for decades and she's finally managed to get the stench off of her in recent years with Dante. I imagine she is not thrilled to know that Sam will revert to Jason's sidekick/mob moll again. 

I say put him with Becky (Liz) at this point. She might be eager to work with Steve at this point, and it'll save her from that dreadful pairing with Michael Easton's character, who needs to go now. 

Everything aside, it will always boggle my mind how this show allows the unholy trio (Sonny/Carly/Jason) to still have a stronghold on it when the fandom keeps rejecting anything pertaining to them. If anything, the 60th anniversary should've been a reset for this show--for them to truly start focusing on the hospital again. It always unnerved me how ABC has Grey's Anatomy sitting right there (and it is thriving), but they have not taken that model and implemented a bastardized, daytime version to GH

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'll be frankly surprised if they go there again so soon. They could not end Jason/Sam fast enough after almost 20 years not long before he left, and Steve's Jason was quickly hitting up two new chicks in the same year shortly afterwards. This was very unusual for Jason. Something clearly happened with Steve and Kelly BTS.

I do think the show focuses a lot on the hospital, frankly. It began moving back to the hospital and its staff as a central hub starting with the soft reset of the show in 2005, when they were in major crisis and brought back Kimberly McCullough (at Steve's suggestion!) and hired Jason Thompson for her. Everything followed from that, and it's only grown since. Today a lot of folks work at the hospital or around it on the show, and it's the mob elements of the show that frankly are out of place and feel extraneous and old-fashioned vs. the rest of the show - it's played out, and only still there through ossified loyalty to veteran actors like Burton and Maurice and their rapt fanbases.

Edited by Vee