GH: Surprise Announcement!?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

It reeks of desperation for a soap to use the casting of a 53-year-old actor as a stunt to try to increase ratings.  Can you imagine if GH hired an actor who was popular in 1965 as a PR move in 1995? 

Edited by j swift

• Members

That's honestly the most expressive Kelly Monaco has ever been as Sam.  

Oh well, CM is probably crying in his beer healthy protein shake and Rena definitely won't have any hope of getting a contract.

Boo!  We knew it was coming, but I was hopeful it would take more than 24 hours from his Days departure announcement.  Ugh.  He'll be airing on the two soaps I watch.  At the same time.  I don't know what I did to deserve this.  

• Members

I'm just so sick and tired of this show and its' obsession with all things Steve Burton.  He can't act, and his character is a [!@#$%^&*] sociopath who should've been killed off or sent to prison years ago.  Yet, they practically hang the moon and stars on his sunburned ass, just like GL did with Bradley Cole BITD.

Sigh.  I guess the only way we'll ever be truly free of him is when GH is finally cancelled.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Like I said years ago...

"You know why Jason Morgan has no emotions?  Because, Steve Burton can't act.  And you know why he always wears black?  Because, he can't keep away from the craft services table either."

And spare me the "I won't do love scenes or even take my shirt off, because Jesus!" malarkey.  Even Jesus knows when you're only playing a role, you dunce.

Edited by Khan

• Members
Posted (edited)

If the show really wanted to right this ship (they don't) I would have Jason pop back up with all of his Q memories and shun Carly, Michael, and Sonny forever and be remorseful of all his past actions.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

With all apologies to Roger Ebert:  I hate Jason Morgan*.  Hate hate hate hate hate Jason Morgan.  Hate him.

I hate the people who created him, and I hate every simpering stupid vacant audience member who adores him, too.

(*And I ain't too hot about Steve Burton either!)

I agree.  Jason should have retrieved those past memories and gone through an entire redemption arc a long [!@#$%^&*] time ago.  But good luck convincing Steve Burton to play that!