2024: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

Yeah, it's definitely a good guess JHB and Harrison wrote during the strike.  Lindsay wrote 8 scripts in 2014 and then all of a sudden, she's back?  Very sketchy.  We'll see who else shows up/disappears.  And it's also a good guess Janice was fired as well. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Maybe to clarify ...

Albert Alarr did what some EPs do some of the time & that was to abuse their power & become de facto HWs. His doing so had zero to do with the strike. He was already doing it before the strike. Since he wasn't a writer he did not go out on strike & going by things where it's known if he did them, we know that he kept on doing so at least some during the strike.

But, also, scab writers definitely wrote the show during the strike. No one knows who. I tried, again, to find out just last week. No luck. We are still watching scab-written DAYS episodes. 

• Members

Sheri Anderson is one of the scabs. I don’t know her position either but it wasn’t head writer. So she was either a breakdown writer or script writer. Some of the other scabs are also former Days writers. We can only speculate based on who’s fi-core.

Do they think the audience is stupid? They just want bland scripts with no personality? Sounds about right for Griffith, a writer who thought the 50th anniversary of Days of our Lives should be about tragic deaths and murders. Btw, Griffith re-used his own stupid idea of a bicentennial for Days’ 50th when he wrote Y&R’s 50th. The funny part? Salem had already celebrated its bicentennial a dozen years before the 50th

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I even specifically asked if she'd been spotted at the studio. (No.) Of course, that isn't definitive. She wouldn't have to be there to write. I've wanted her to be there. Do you really know she is, or are you just putting analytical hopefulness into high gear? I'm not looking for spec. Is what you're saying all your spec? 

• Members

Seems like at least of the soaps used the 90-day post-strike window to get rid of members of their writing staff. I wonder what kind of politicking is going on BTS.

Sheri is absolutely one of the scabs, confirmed by Lysie from Daytime Royalty. She further clarified that Sheri was not the head writer. She went fi-core for the chance to write Days again.

• Members

RonC says upfront not to take the show seriously. 

Scab writers are saying & doing everything seriously. 

Scab writers are hitting more dramatic beats, every day, with just about every character.

There's not nearly as much of this thing where it seems to be different times of day in Salem. 

Pace is better. Balance is somewhat better but still off. 

Dialog is about 80% better.

Showing the relationships between people is at least 110% better. 

Now, the show was even better than this when Ari/Nicole was carrying the show dramatically every day. 

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. @AbcNbc247  do you have anything to add? 

• Members

There are some things I haven’t liked, but overall these last few months have been such an improvement.

Everything’s being taken seriously and not treated like some big, campy joke. And also, in some ways, it doesn’t seem as mean spirited either.