Y&R: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The last time I remember seeing Doris honestly was back in 2011 was during the midst of the Volcano death story when Doris berated Sharon right before Sharon faked her deathand then at Sharon’s funeral….did they ever show Doris finding out Sharon was alive or have a reunion? I don’t recall so unless I missed it. Of course there was so much whiplash towards the end of that story@YRfan23

As for this week so far…

Re: Tucker and Ashley having different memories….Lord Tucker’s version was unintentionally comical and felt like a cartoon villain trying to spin things.

Obviously it was classic justification in the case of an abuser and gaslighter….but if his version is the correct one then Josh Griffith needs to be hauled back his therapist again. 

Chance/Summer was cute. Remember Chance is Nina’s modest son and not one to throw his Chancellor name around. 

Ashley and Cole were a pleasant surprise down memory lane. I think those flashbacks were after Ashley and Victoria’s epic fight at the Embers over Cole one last time. That’s the biggest shame of not having HT for this for the flashbacks.

Actually AH Victoria and Peck, now that he’s found his rhythm aren’t bad at all. I had wanted Cole back at least a decade ago for the 40th anniversary.

I think on paper the Claire scenes in the mental hospital work on paper but as @slick jones pointed out in another thread, I feel like HE comes across as so generic and blank faced. I don’t know who owed HE a favor but it’s becoming obvious a stronger actress was needed. 

Drunk Nikki is always classic. I actually liked Brian Gaskill’s Seth from what I saw the other day. Definitely something different. We’ll see where this goes from here. 

And one last thing, I loved how we saw ZS Audra turn full blown Latina diva in her scenes with her telling off  Kyle and Tucker. I’d love to see an origin story one day.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Naw, she specifically stated that she'd be available if they wanted her.   She said Jesse (her son) was 15 and only had a couple of years of high school left, and then he would likely be leaving home.  She & Vince had decided they could afford for her to stay home more often during Jesse's last few years of high school, cutting down on the amount of time she spent commuting from Malibu to Hollywood & waiting around in the studio for her scenes to be taped.  

She said if the show wanted Ashley full-time, they should recast, but if they were okay with periodic appearances, she'd be happy to oblige as she'd be around and available.  Seems like she took off completely four or five months, then started monthly or semi-monthly appearances.   Jesse is about 20 now, and she appears willing to work more often than when he was 15.  

• Members

1-12-24

Cole just said, "I'm not ready to write this off as a failure just yet."

CC: "I'm not ready to write this office as a failure just yet."

Crack me up! 

Please register in order to view this content

How many times have they shown this Paris scene?!!

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

And both versions today had a couple of differences added to them. Most notably for me was in Tucker's version, they had the waiter shoot a look toward Tucker as the waiter walked out past their table. That was new because I specifically noted in prior versions that the waiter kept his back to the arguing couple and did nothing. I loved that Tucker emphasized that there were wait-staff and witnesses all around them.

Good grief, how long are they going to play this out? Until ED/Ashley breaks down and leaves again? This argument in Paris is just so stupid now. Well, I guess I always thought it was going to be a stupid plot point, but come on.  Enough ambiguity.

• Members

I wondered about that. If they are adding something different each time, by intent, then they're going for a particular device, well, maybe they are. If they are doing so it would at least give a reason for repeating the scene. I honestly wish I had been keeping count! 

• Members

1-8

Lord...the whiplash.

I don't think the playback has been messing up again. But did they just introduced BG's character by random phone call? And then next thing I know Nikki meets him at Society? So far...I watched him acting and it made me think about all the times message boarders here mention CBS acting vs ABC acting. Cuz I felt BG was more...active?...than I'm used to on Y&R. But we will see how I feel as he keeps going?

Meanwhile...when did Audra turn on Kyle?  I thought they were in cahoots still? Perhaps I missed a few lines as it's been in the background as I worked. 

And while I was glad to see Ashley/Tucker, uh...are the writers rewriting their fight now? Cuz it seem like that was a real flashback when they first got back to town collectively. 

• Members

Oh, I saw. But I could have swore that the last time they showed Audra, she was in bed with Kyle and he told her the truth and suggested a power play. So it was just jarring to me. But again, I know there was some episodes I missed on my player...like the one where the Abbotts dropped the Tucker/Audra/Musician dirt...and given the Claire story/Nikki story has gotten the dominant play as of late, I just figured that I missed something.