Y&R: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

This show is getting boring again. Especially when they repeat scenes over and over. I don't care about Nikki drinking. Move it along!

It looks like CZ is no longer taping. Bummer....if the show continues to be dull I'm tuning out again.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am a big fan of Sharon's, I really am. But her hair has gone from stick-straight to the most fakest curled extensions that I've ever seen. Sharon's are worse than Lauren's old ones, which thankfully she ditched a while back. The brown color is distracting, and her bits of natural hair really stand out now. Not a good look and I don't know why they think it is.

(Is there a designated wardrobe/hair and make-up thread here? I didn't see one)

• Members

Of course the touted Sharon focused episode was nothing more that one of those dream/fantasy episodes I really really loathe because they’re not even entertaining.

Was Josh Griffith high on mushrooms when he wrote the 2018 wedding reenactment scenes in Crimson Lights?

• Members

What the hell was that? I just finished the episode. At least I was pre-warned. All kinds of stupid.

So much Billy and Phyllis. These two did look good together. I still remember when Gina was in the role boinking Billy everywhere. I often thought how they would NEVER have worked if it was still the late great Billy Miller and MStafford in those roles. But Michelle looks pretty dang good with Jason Thompson.

And why everything is trying to point to Sharon and Nick getting back together, I'll never know. JM/Nick was quoted in an interview saying he never wanted Nick to be with Sharon ever again, so I don't see them happening. I don't want them to happen. All this talk must just be a distraction.

Also, I see on other forums that people think Kyle and Abby will interfere with the possible Chance/Summer connection. What? No they won't. There would be NO reason for that to happen either.

• Members
Posted (edited)

If it isn't GH's Steve Burton refusing to play an arc where his brain-damaged character (Jason Morgan) finally retrieves his lost memories, it's that eternal frat boy, Joshua Morrow, refusing to be reunited with the only on-screen romantic partner his dull ass has ever made sense with.

What is it with these soap actors and their overinflated senses of self, anyway?  Do these guys actually believe they're working in an industry that is still thriving and relevant, or that they matter at all to anyone who isn't involved in daytime?  Have they become so comfortable financially that they have forgotten the days when they were lucky to land even a part-time gig parking cars or busing tables at some fancy, over-priced restaurant?

At this moment, there are grown ass men who are literally handling cow [!@#$%^&*] for a living, who would trade places and gladly with bastards like Morrow and Burton.  STFU, Josh, about what you never want for your character again.  Just show up on time, say your [!@#$%^&*] lines and GO. HOME.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This Sharon dream episode just seemed like a cheap and easy way to break up Sharon and Chance without writing a real story to do it. That's really why I disliked it so much.

I love Sharon Case, but I don't think she was invested in the Chase romance. I had no problem with the age gap, but SC never seemed to care about the pairing very much. This break up protects Chance from cheating on her and protects Summer from being the one causing the cheating. It protects Case from being the older woman dumped for a younger one.

The fact is that the chemistry is off the charts for Sharon Case and Joshua Morrow only when they are together. They are endgame, and everybody knows it. I wish they'd get to that endgame now.

• Members

Joshua Morrow is a month away from 50 and his whole overgrown frat boy persona is just so ridiculous at this point. It boggles my mind that his 30th anniversary is in June.

Nick and Sharon are end game but the writers want to keep them forever young and beautiful star-crossed lovers even though they are well into middle age and have grown children.

• Members

I think even Eric Braeden (whom God continues to bless everyday!) and Melody Thomas Scott likely have resigned themselves to the fact that Victor and Nikki are "for keeps," no matter how many more times the show might split them up between now and whenever one or both appear on Y&R for the last time.

Not to mention, sad, pathetic and kinda creepy, in a "Lifetime Original Movie" sort of way.

If the writers are intent on keeping Nick and Sharon forever young and star-crossed, then - here's a thought - why not recast them both with younger actors? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

I miss GT as Phyllis so much, I do wonder how she would have done with the Diane return stuff and the current stuff with Danny & Co. 

Kyle/Abby interfering in Chance and Abby would be dumb lol. For starters Kyle is now Audra’s bitch and Abby probably doesn’t know Chance and Summer are an item.

Re: Nick and Sharon are wayyy past overdue to get back together. Since Rey’s death it was obvious that they should have rekindled things in time for the 50th, but instead Sharon did nothing while Nick had the insipid triangle with Adam and Sally that resulted in pointlessly tormenting Sally’s character and now that Sally is back with Adam, what the hell was the point of all that? 

Josh Griffith SUCKS.

@Khan LMAO!!!! I needed the laugh

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by soapfan770

• Members
Posted (edited)

When they had over-the-hill Nick banging some chick (forget which one) on the floor of some nightclub, I officially was done with him.  That kind of [!@#$%^&*] is something his son, Noah, should have been doing, not him.

Edited by Khan