Y&R: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Webmaster

Speaking of Sharon and Nicholas. Here is the clip in which he proposed prior to that wedding.

For reference, the above clip comes from the YouTube channel called Liquid Soap, which I recently discovered is owned by Sony and is dedicated to highlighting clips/scenes from their soaps, including The Young and the Restless, Days of our Lives, Party of Five and Dawson's Creek, among others.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh wow... Liquid Soap is via Sony? Because, they've been posting on their Community tab and some answers have been very wrong. 

Please register in order to view this content

People can say what they want about Mal Young... but wow. The DRAMA in this alone... whew. And everyone was WORKING it! And look, my Phyllis!

• Members

1-3

As I was watching, I thought it was hilarious that only in soaps would a father and son both be going through a love triangle at the same time. lol.

I didn't even realize that the Daniel/Heather kiss was a loose plot thread until they did the flashback. I guess my mind is too focused on editing and NYE aftermath. hehe. In any case, I'll take VB any way I can take her. And I'm good to see the triangle between her, Daniel, and Lily have movement. It is definitely going to be more messy once Lily comes back.

Speaking of messy, that Giggly Heffa...

Please register in order to view this content

I would shade her, but it would appear that she has a leg in this race this time with Danny. I wanted to shake my head at Danny for even giving in to that kiss for a second. When he knows how Chris is going to feel. I was happy to see that the following Phyllis vs Christine scenes were up to what I would want. Phyllis has always had a way BITD of bringing the bitca out in Cricket in looks/body language as well as words. For too long, it was just in looks/body language. But...the claws were out. 

Oooooo at the camera angles for the Sharon finds out about Summer's feelings for Chance reveal. SC looked GOOD. I also found the talk between Phyllis and Summer resonating. But I feel like Sharon is just going to gracefully step out of the way...though I felt that Sharon's point of view was very valid as well...but perhaps that is because of how I see things in my own life when it comes to relationships. And we all know Sharon has been through A LOT. In fact, I wondered who wrote the episode because there was such good writing but especially for these scenes. 

Those Victor/Nikki flashbacks. I was not a viewer or old enough to remember so I loved those...especially the first set when Victor destroyed Nikki's bottles. In fact, he was kinda hot in his anger. Hmm lol. But I respect that whoever wrote this episode touched on the history of Victor and Nikki dealing with her various falls off the wagon. Meanwhile, the Victora/Claire storyline is currently hit or miss with me, but I loved how AH played her first time calling herself (Victoria) Claire's mother at the ward. 

I liked the Michael/Lauren renewal vows. All it was missing was flashbacks. I don't want Gloria or Kevin back regularly, but it was nice to see them. And I loved the Scotty and Fen (and BF) name drops.

In fact, the only thing that has been a false note for me this week has been that it's been very Abott lite. 

• Webmaster

Didn't she go to prison though for some pretty severe crimes? The kid is young enough that they can pretend he doesn't have a mother. Plus, his birth certificate daddy is dead so the Abbotts can pretend they created the kid at this point. Haha.

Yeah, I found out because a video I got from Corday for the Digital Series from a few years ago got a copyright note that was attached to Sony (even though Corday gave me the video for sharing purposes ), and they recommended the Liquid Soap channel in the notes. I did further digging and also remembered that Sony created a lot of YouTube channels during the height of the pandemic, including ones for Norman Lear's shows, The Nanny, and so on.

In fact, they also created a channel for classic talk shows called Talk Show Rewind which has old clips of "The Rikki Lake Show" and "The Tempestt Bledsoe Show." There are also dozens of other topic-specific channels they created on YouTube. I guess someone finally woke up and realized they could make some money off of the content.

As for accuracy, it's totally wrong in many cases, I agree. For instance, the DAYS videos say the show airs on NBC still and link to the NBC.com website which ironically redirects to the Peacock page for DAYS. Also, on the Y&R posts they note the show is currently in its 49th season even though the post dates clearly coincide with the show's 50th season -- the videos aren't from either season, to be clear.

• Webmaster

Here's a link to the Talk Show Rewind channel: https://www.youtube.com/@TalkShowRewind

Here's a link to Liquid Soap: https://www.youtube.com/@LiquidSoapTV

Both have been "verified" by YouTube, although I don't know how much that matters since I see videos from American shows uploaded to Indian-run YouTube channels illegally and they have verified badges too for some reason.

• Members

On this show, not paying taxes on some shoe sales merits banishment forever and Sally is tarnished as the town troublemaker because she... got Summer a really great job offer in Italy that she accepted.

OTOH pedophiles and murderers walk free and no one cares (unless it's Adam).

Reminds me of those "Sony Minisodes" they did some years back except those were fairly classic scenes. I had a thorough look at the Y&R ones and they're all more recent (2010s at least) except for a couple of clips from the first episode from 1973. Days seems to have some vintage 90s clips based on thumbnails, and some not-HD clips of their first episode in color (which was cool, cause I think I've seen it online before only in black and white).

The Liquid Soap idea is fine, but is anyone dying to see clips such as Jason Thompson's Billy talking about sex ed with Reed?

• Members

That's almost exactly like what's going right now over at GH: "How dare that Nina report Drew and Carly to the SEC for something that they did that was totally illegal and stupid?"  I guess the pandemic and widespread budget cuts also affected these shows' ability to prop their shittiest characters?