GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Michael’s such a wimp. Just gotta put that out there lol but I am looking forward to tomorrow. That was a good cliffhanger. 

And I’m also looking forward to everything regarding Bobbie tomorrow. 

And it was good seeing Lindsay Hartley as Sam again. She just seems a lot less moody as Sam, similar to how Eric on Days was when Jason Gerhardt subbed.

And I agree with what @John says about Lois and Olivia.

An Italian wife wouldn’t turn on their husband like that

Please register in order to view this content

@Toups, I think the credits aired today.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

As someone who was last watching GH regularly back when Stafford was Nina, I have a few questions. 

Why is this SEC thing such a big deal? Did Nina get Drew sent to prison or something? 
Also how the hell did Drew end up with Carly of all people. When she and Sonny found out he wasn’t Jason they dropped him like a bad habit and he seemed to be happy living life away from them with Sam.

When did Sonny and Carly break up again for the 1000th time? I know Nina kept his old identity from him a few years ago so I’m confused how they ended up an official couple.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Drew had his attorney set up a plea deal. He'd plead guilty to Insider Trading & get 6 months at a white collar "country club" prison. The judge didn't like the deal. Accepted the guilty plea & instead sentenced Drew to 3 years at Pentonville, where he was beaten within an inch of his life. They almost killed him. Cyrus sorta did save his life. 

Carly had to pay a 5 million dollar fine.

The Insider Trading was a total flop. The merger did not go through. Carly had borrowed against her half of the Metro Court to buy the stock. She lost her half of the Metro Court. 

When Sonny finally remembered who he was he returned home. Jason & Carly had just married. The families were not tolerating Carly well & he had to either kill her or marry her. So it was an arranged marriage for the sake of the mob families. But, as they got closer & closer to their wedding they began to consider what if they made it really a marriage. Sonny wanted to be back with his family but he refused to blame Nina. There was a lot of confusion & suspicions & many partial conversations. 

One night Sonny sent word to Carly to come meet him on the Haunted Star. She did not go immediately. Then she did go. Sonny got the mistaken impression that she wasn't coming. When Carly arrived & walked into the bedroom, he & Nina were in the bed & had quite obviously just had sex. 

• Webmaster

I'm getting a kick out of these major publications attempting to cover soap news:

Not only don't they link to SID's article, but this is Lindsay's third time portraying the character which they even note with their inputting 2020 and 2022 in their own article. Then they take posts from X/Twitter to prove "fan outrage."

Sigh.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Well, I was so looking forward & it did not disappoint. I have only 1 complaint & that is the juxtaposition of Carly's last line, "My mom's dead." to a chorus & orchestra giving a maniacal performance of "Deck The Halls" as the music that carried us out while they ran the traditional full credits! 

I thought Lois did the right thing. 

LOTD: Lois: I yam your friend. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members
Posted (edited)

Carly and Drew did in fact break the insider trading laws re: ELQ or Aurora or something. Nina just reported it. The show has made it into way too big a deal considering they were actually guilty lol.

No one knows. They just needed a pairing for Laura Wright tbh. It's awful.

They broke up a couple years back not too long after Sonny returned from Nixon Falls with Nina. I don't remember how long - maybe six months? Maybe nine? Sonny realized his feelings for Nina were still there and ultimately left Carly for her. I don't love any of it either.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It cracks me up that Nina is going to get eviscerated for this and she didn't do anything wrong.  Believe me there are reasons to hate Nina, but not for this.  The show actually is saying since the deal fell apart and everyone lost money Carly and Drew shouldn't face consequences.   Carly and Drew are just stupid.  It doesn't mean they didn't break laws lol.

I thought Sonny/Carly also broke up because Carly was in love with Jason.  The show really seemed to be going there, but Steve didn't end up getting vaxxed.

• Members

I don't remember that being nearly as much of a factor as Nina. I thought the Jason thing was mostly swept under the rug the instant Sonny returned (which I agree was idiotic, but the Jason/Carly romance reprise was also super rushed and inexplicable to begin with - that story with Sonny back could've been legitimately good), but I barely paid attention.

The entire Sonny/Nina situation has always been super strange tbqh. While I like Watros and think she and MB have chemistry, I do not care about Nina and actively hated her when Stafford had the role; she could leave tomorrow. That said it's almost like the show has to endlessly humiliate her because they want Sonny/Carly back together for the FB hausfrau audience, or want to make sure that audience is appeased, or like some of the writers (Liz Korte still?) are hardcore for Carly, but they’re seemingly stuck with this pairing because Maurice wants it. Like, there’s never not been a period when they are not making Nina out to be the worst person to hit PC just because she won Sonny - she is always either apologizing for something or embarrassing herself or being scorned by half the town. It's like if they can't have S&C back together they still have to make sure the new love interest eats shît.

it’s somewhat similar to the resentful writing for Robin that cropped up at times, which was never as bad as this. But there were many, many scenes where she was told how lucky she was that Patrick could ever want her, how close he and Carly were, how sanctimonious she was and so on. They could never do Robin like they did Nina and they were clearly invested in her still, but there was an undercurrent there sometimes from Guza or someone under him. They even had Anna tell Robin over and over how lucky she was to have a catch like Patrick, lol.

• Members

The Sun is a bottom-of-the-barrel excuse of a "news publication" that it's laughable they're even trying at this point.

Rena Sofer & Laura Wright... whew. You can tell Wright was not acting. We're about to see some incredible episode of acting (and I don't even want to call it acting, because we know so many will be using their real emotion).

Because, once again, "saint Carly" cannot be touched, and has not been touched since the "writer" took over in 2012. She's been untouchable since then, and it's quite annoying to see happen time-and-time again.

• Members

Well, the only reason Nina turned them in was because she was pissed off & as Ava pointed out to her it was an incredibly stupid thing for her to do, for 2 very good reasons. 1. Sonny who likely wouldn't care for being with a snitch and 2. Willow who she wants to have a relationship with & who she knows treasures Carly. To me those are the valid reasons why Nina has allowed herself to be blackmailed. If she was so right then she should have come clean to these two people months ago!

You might have noticed that I mentioned that Jason & Carly were considering having a real marriage not just an arranged one. But, I honestly don't think Carly's feelings for Jason had anything to do with their break-up. If she had to choose between Sonny & Jason as far as husbands go, she would always choose Sonny. And once he reappeared she did choose Sonny. They would not be divorced today if she hadn't caught him in bed with Nina.