GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'll be honest I did check out a bit over the Carly/Jason romance situation because it was so random.  So I could be wrong.  I thought it was still an underlying thing and Carly was sort of settling for Sonny.  

I totally understand what you are saying in regards to Robin's writing.  Like she was frumpy and had HIV so she should be lucky for any handsome man to have her.  Robin is awesome.  Nina is an idiot.  And I hate she settles for scraps of Willow's attention and cowers in front of Michael.  

I really can't stand Nina, but the show does love to shame her for no real reason.

I mean, Sonny has bedded several snitches and he doesn't like it, but honestly, I don't care.  Stop lying to these woman.  And again, Nina can be spiteful but people don't go to jail because of a jealous girlfriend.  Drew went to jail because he legitimately broke the law.  I get Carly and Drew are sad about it-grow up though and own your actions.  I feel like Carly is doing okay with that.

• Members

I have a healthy dislike of Nina. 

I think Carly has her head screwed on pretty tight & she seems to live in the real world & she doesn't have any delusions about herself or about the way she gets along with Sonny, cause those two would open a vein for the other one, Ava, who she tolerates to a large degree only for Avery's sake (which counts), and even Sam & also all the Qs, she doesn't really have a bunch of enemies, only Nina, which as I have said is largely stupidity. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Part of the reason I hate Nina is how pathetic she is.  She has decent chemistry with Sonny, but she comes off so spineless and begging for any attention she can get.  Lots of ladies have been dumped by Sonny.  You aren't part of an exclusive club.  Just tell him the truth!  He just follows you around the Metro Court anyhow. He'd have like 12 extra hours in his day without her.

I think Carly does actually have her head on straight.  I like her current trajectory except for Drew obviously.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Pretending 60 year old Sonny is a prize at this point in the game is hard for me.  I can accept Brenda and Carly thinking that way due to history and bad choices.  But I can't see a successful woman like Nina being that into Sonny.   Her self esteem is obviously poor, but this is a relatively low stakes pairing.  I know there is a very small vocal part of the audience that loves Sonny no matter what, but c'mon?  They have piled so many marriages and children on this man that no one would find him a catch.  Plus, he's also openly a criminal. 

• Members

Laughing, thinking about Sonny, he might as well be carrying Nina's purse for her. The other night he practically had a conniption fit that she wouldn't leave the magazine office & come to the party with him. Gee, let the woman do her job, one of them anyway. I am interested in him today. I really have no idea what to expect. Will he be angry? If so, is it mostly going to be because so many people lied to him? Part of me expects Sonny & Willow to have very low key reactions.

Oh, Drew? I just can't figure those two out. What they see in each other, I have no clue. Also I wonder if Drewfus is gonna blow up over Scout not wanting to go to the fancy school he's so pleased to get her into. 

• Members

On the scale of Sonny betrayal's this feels relatively minor.  I don't know he'll probably be mad at everyone, but it doesn't feel like a deal breaker to me. 

I don't know why Olivia was so mad.  Lois wasn't wrong at all.  I am not absolving Sonny because shooting a cop point blank in the chest is very wrong, but Olivia didn't help the situation with her lies. 

• Members

Oh, strong opinions of late: 

Lucy has reached an all new STFU status for me! Tracy is completely right & I was proud of Brook Lynn for taking up for her granma. 

Olivia has now reached a similar STFU point. Lois was absolutely right. I hope Olivia comes around because it would be a shame to lose that friendship. 

Michael did not score any points with Sonny but he also didn't weasel out. 

Who will be today's all new STFU person? 

If Drew picks a fight with Sam, it'll be him. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, them playing this whole thing like the Claudia or Dante reveals is so silly.

I love seeing Rena but I fail to see what purpose they have for her if they can't seriously dig Into the Ned and Olivia of it all with her (which they should, even without a reunion). They could make her work on canvas sans Ned, but it would require real investment in her, her business and probably a real love interest, not the tossed-up recurring players and C-plots they throw at half the show. Have Ned and Lois had any serious scenes talking about their past or him and Olivia?

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

I have to agree about Lucy.  I don't know why she's being so annoying.  

Olivia was just being unlikable.  She's known Lois for forever, right?  Lois is no nonsense and not into lying.  This isn't a new character trait.  And someone should call Olivia out for the Dante stuff.  Sonny is an ass, but he never got half a chance to be a father to Dante.

Lois did some expository about Eddie Maine/Katherine to Chase I think?  And then Olivia asked Lois if she had a problem with her marrying Ned and Lois said no.

100% agree about the show wasting Rena though.  She is just hanging out drinking wine at the Q's

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I think the show is just taking the very easy way out with Ned/Lois.  I have no idea about the comfortability Wally and Rena have, but the show is acting like it's crazy for them to still have feelings.  It was apparently so long ago no one should care.  I would love to know what Lois has done for the last 25 years but I guess she doesn't get that backstory.  I hate to be that person but if Rena/Wally aren't comfortable playing any of the drama perhaps Lois shouldn't have been brought back.