GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Tanisha Harper is one of the worst actors I've seen on daytime (not since that rappin' twink who played Oscar has there been someone so bad), and Jordan has always been a half-baked character. Write her out. Same with the now endless parade of Mollys for a good long while, same with T.J. (though I might use him in a medical story for a bit and then have him follow Molly). You can always create and hire new viable characters. Jury's out on Kristina. I would lock Hudson West in as Jake, on contract. It's time.

I don't consider a lot of these people regular cast. Alley Mills doesn't need to be cut because she only appears off and on on a recurring basis - Heather can go in and out for story. Esme can exit when her story finishes and recur like Heather as a baddie on occasion. Kevin and Lucy, Ned, Scott, etc. are all great characters but again they all appear regularly as is. You don't need to have every vet on contract to keep them active in major story; GH has shown that while having way too many other recurring players as is. Would I put Kevin and/or Lucy back on contract? Maybe. But it wouldn't really change anything, and keeping some on recurring but playing them often saves money. No need to put Wally on contract for Ned to be active in story.

Adam Huss, I haven't decided but frankly I'd probably kill Nikolas off permanently in a more respectful way with Tyler gone - there's been too many recasts and while Huss is fine, it is not the same.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I don't see the point in debating Walt Willey or MEK either - these are recurring players who don't have much story activity. Does it hurt the show if Jack Montgomery from Pine Valley appears from time to time for a legal story? He's not demanding story. Does it unbalance the show if Martin does the same or has some C-plot? They're fine, let them do their thing. I would write Obrecht out in a blaze of villainous glory after a time, though. I will never be okay with her just hanging around.

• Members

I get the idea of killing off Nikolas, but I don't see it as a necessity. Now, had Tyler Christopher been in the role recently, then yes I'd feel that way, but he'd been out of the role since 2016.

Oh, it was bad, IMHO. A lot of stars looked like they had gotten "refreshed" days-to-hours prior to the event, and it was very off-putting.

• Members

But there's been two sketchy recasts since. Coloma flamed out and Adam Huss is a temp who, while quite talented, just lacks something long-term IMO. Going for Nikolas #5 would be getting into OLTL's Kevin Buchanan or AW/RH recast territory.

• Members

But, Huss continues to come back and we've only seen him in limited quantities. And, within those time limits, I've liked what I've seen and wouldn't mind giving him a chance to do more. And, if that does not work out, then yes write the role out.

• Members

She's like 75. I just thought age eventually catches up a bit.  CW is decades younger.  She shouldn't look so puffy

I say kill Nik off and invest in Lucky and Lulu.  No one has made a mark the way TC did.  Steven Martimes/Coltin Scott/Whoever was probably the best recast and I think he's a full time scammer these days

I might be slightly blind.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

I think Coloma might arguably have been the best recast, in his early days. Then he stopped giving a shít. I had a lot of time for CSSM etc. in his teenybopper heyday with Gia, but he never had the authority or imperiousness that even Coloma sometimes had. And since he is in fact a criminal I would never have him back and I think he's too radioactive even for GH.

Edited by Vee