ALL: Legacy children who were undervalued or underdeveloped

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Y&R
Jennifer Foster, Jill's niece from hell. The perfect candidate for an All About Eve story at Jabot in the 90s.

Her brother Chuck, a a young doctor. Jill could have used a family, but Bill Bell had erased the 70s from the show's history.

Brooks Prentiss, a handsome young businessman in the 90s. By that time the show was way too obsessed with the Newmans though. Wasn't Brooks also related to Jill? I keep forgetting who his mother was. Lori or Leslie?

• Members

It did seem Bell mostly erased the 70's, except where the Jill/Katherine feud was concerned. I love the idea about Jennifer being a vixen stirring up trouble. 

I did get surprised one day during the 90's when Jack and Ashley were discussing Nikki's upcoming wedding to Brad. Jack blurted out "Nikki Reed Foster Bancroft Newman Abbott soon too be Carlton. Nikki's first marriage had not been referred to in years and I was surprised they mentioned that. Someone even wrote to Soap Opera Digest about that line asking who the Foster husband was and they explained it to them....LOL

Jill's brother Snapper is Brooks Uncle due to his marriage to Chris. Jill would have been Brooks Step-Grandmother briefly due to her marriage to Stuart. Then they divorced and her mother Elizabeth became his Step-Grandma when she married Stu.

Brooks and Jennifer Foster would be first cousins. Brooks should have been brought back with a good actor that resembled original actors Williams Gray Espy or Trish Stewart in the role and paired with Heather Tom's Victoria.  

• Members

GL:

The Marler twins. I know many people HATED the superfecundation story with Rick/Blake/Ross but it had tons of potential in the later years. When Rick had a hand in death of Ross and Phillip later returned, the twins should've been SORASed to teens or young adults. I always visioned Kevin, who was once believed to be Rick, would've been drawn to Rick (missing a father figure), which would've unnerved Blake. Jason, on the other hand, would've been a chip of the old block and should've been made a nu-age Roger, who gave Phillip and Rick hell.  

Piggybacking off of that, Leah, Rick's daughter should've fell into this boat too. She should've been loathing Phillip for literally causing the demise of her parents marriage. 

ATWT:

The Ward quads. Instead of ever creating Hunter, they could've easily made the actor one of the boys. It still would've tied the character to the Stewarts. 

Dani Andropolous. Much like Christina, Dani should've been brought back and used correctly. She would've provided story for Kim, and if used properly could've been a surrogate daughter for Craig instead of being used as his mistress. That was icky and so out of character. 

B&B:

The Carter kids (Mary, Diana, and Ryder). The perfect way to further assimilate Sheila back to the canvas would've been to simply have her equally unhinged kids trying to infiltrate the Forresters/Logans and get close to Finn. Mary (aka Erica) already had history with Rick from eons ago, which could've been reignited. Diana is Ridge's blood sister. And even though we don't like to acknowledge Ryder (as he's a creation of MAB), he could've been tweaked and used to set his sights on Hope or Steffy. 

Y&R:

The Brooks/Foster kids as many of you have pointed out. Where is Jennifer and Chucky to hold down the hospital aspect of the show? And Brooks should be an exec trying to steal Newman from Victor, much like Victor had once stole Prentiss Industries from his dad, while wooing Victoria in the same breath.

Noah owns his thread too. And I am glad many are pointing out that all his stories are going to his "himbo" daddy, Nick. Noah should be the one at odds with Adam over women and business. 

Keemo belongs here too. It always bothered me how the one diverse Abbott has yet to return to the canvas. And then giving him a daughter who doesn't drive story either is weird too. 

DAYS:

Dougie LeClaire. Doesn't Doug have a son? Why isn't he in Salem? Why doesn't he have a tumultuous relationship with Doug, Julie, and Hope? 

• Members

I was thinking the same thing. Y&R the past ten years has done a horrible job of developing the next generation of characters which is why Nick, for example, keeps getting stories that should be for a character Noah's age. It's ironic that there is no "young" on "The Young and the Restless." It should be renamed "The Middle Aged and Still Restless."

Much like Rachel on AW who was prematurely aged by the abrupt SORASing of Jamie, the same thing happened to Julie, who went from being in her early 20s to middle-aged all of a sudden. This, of course, impacted her story potential down the road.

• Members

Noah Reed from Days. He was born offscreen in December 2012 but has still never appeared despite Carrie and Austin returning a couple of times since then. This one irritates me because Carrie and Austin are my favorite Days couple. We waited twenty years for them to finally have a kid only for him to be born and raised offscreen. 

• Members

I don't think all the Chris's were goofballs, but each recast went in wildly different directions. Korver was young and stupid, Chase was too old and horny for barely past teenage Alison, Bruce was mostly shirtless, Cosgrove didn't really have enough time to be much of anything. 

And in hindsight, I don't think Chris being an issue for Bob and Kim was out of left field. Kim had always had a kind of blind spot when it came to her kids. There was a parallel between how Bob and Kim fought over Andy's issues (alcoholism and his faking paralysis) and Chris' irresponsibility. It just wasn't as well set up. 

Undervalued legacy child: DANIEL HUGHES---while Parker was always a focal point in Carly's story, and by his teenage years was having sex and getting married, Daniel was rarely more than a sleeping lump on Emily's shoulder and got shipped off to boarding school, never to be heard from again. They even gave Em a surprise adult geek son and she was obsessed with giving Paul a child before or instead of Meg.

Edited by P.J.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Great idea for a topic. @SamandWillowFan

ATWT

Hope Dixon: Kim's only grandchild should've been on canvas. Maybe we would've gotten some appearances from Scott Defreitas and Cassandra Creech as Andy and Denise. Not to mention, Larry Bryggman might've come back sooner than the last few months before the finale if John's granddaughter was on the show. She could've been in the mix with Parker and Faith since she and the latter were switched at birth, so much story could've been played from that. She could've built a close bond with her honorary great-grandmother Nancy too. And I can hear Kim calling Hope "Kiddo" when she got too fresh. 

The Ward Quads: You would think that the way Emily and Allison were featured in the last several years, someone would discover they have cousins that our quadruplets have and at least bring one female and one male to be someone's love interest. But nope!

Bianca Marquez Walsh - Imagine if Lucinda could've gotten frequent visits from her adoptive daughter. And Bianca could've became more confident, having no problem to tell Lily to get her head out of her you know what when needed. 

B&B

Mary Warwick and Diana Carter - I don't understand why Brad Bell doesn't bring back Sheila's daughters. Especially since it would give Kimberlin more to do than serve rigatoni and wine and try to be menacing. Perhaps Sheila looks online and finds out that Diana is set to inherit millions because Massimo died. Or Mary comes on staff at the hospital, following in her father's footsteps, and is a psychiatrist.

Eric Forrester III/ Deacon "Little D" Sharpe - This show comes off as Hope is Deacon's only child, but they need to bring on Deacon's son, who should be older than Hope, and make him a chip off the old block. And we know that, being raised around Tawny, she said all kinds of things to him about him being the spare to his sister's heir.

DAYS 

Jeremy Horton -It's been years since Jeremy was on there; he can be brought back slightly aged down and rehabbed mostly, and he is now a doctor with an ego but has infected his family's social consciousness. Besides, this show needs more Hortons, especially those with the surname.

Sydney DiMera - I would have her a rebellious mess like her mother but isn't timid to use her name to get her out of situations. 

GH

Serena Baldwin - Every time I see Scotty and Lucy on my screen, it makes it noticeable that their children aren't with them. (Yes, I know Christina doesn't "exist," but in my headcanon, she does and is a doctor.) There's so much you can do with her. Since they said she's into causes, bring her on as a fundraising coordinator at General Hospital or a pro-bono attorney.

Dillon Quartermaine (Hornsby) - Since Tracy and Lucy are feuding, what if Tracy brings her youngest son back to work at Deception as head of digital media since his minor success as a director didn't pan out? He and Serena can initially bump heads, but eventually for each other, while Scotty, Lucy, and Tracy would be against it due to their sordid histories with one another.

Tommy Hardy - Last mentioned during the show's 50th anniversary he was graduating from medical school. I mean if you want to restore more legacy onto this show then bring back Steve and Audrey's grandson and Tom and Simone's son. He can be a pediatrician like his mother. (With all these kids under 10 running around the show needs it.) And besides Liz can always use more family on screen too. 

Y&R

Too many to name unfortunately, this show with The Young in its title should have more characters under the age of 35. Why aren't Noah and Audra mixing it up with Audra? While Reed comes home to get to know the sister, he thought was dead before he was born, why is Lucy not being fought over by Johnny and Connor? Or why isn't her biological mother, Daisy, coming back? Or Johnny discovering the way he was conceived? So much potential is being wasted.

Karina
Arroyave

• Members

OLTL 

• Drew Buchanan 

Days

• Eric Brady was MIA for years, most of the 90's and 2000's.  The show seems to do right by the character now. 
  • Shawn Brady, he was a big deal during the last blast days, unlike Bo, he was not able to carry decades of storylines
  • Lucas Roberts - UNDERVALUED.