Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I just think it's odd that it is so close to a replay of Alex vs. Chad vis a vis Stephanie! Everything is basically "Here we go again!" 

I wonder if she really is jealous or just annoyed, irritated, impatient & if I were her, I would be too. She & Johnny are not alone much. 

That was weird. But, the whole day was weird! 

And, then, no Doug & no children. Just out of sight. You'd have thought Julie, having so few Hortons, would have invited the almost Horton, Maggie & Sarah & Victoria, ya think? 

Very much, the greetings of the season! 

Please register in order to view this content

Happy Thanksgiving! And, welcome again! BTW, I got the writer for the 21st. Now my show deets chart is up to date: 

11-17-23 37 min. W-Dave Ryan D-Scott McKinsey

11-20-23 35 min. W-Sonja Alarr D-Noel Maxam

11-21-23 42 min. W-Kirk Doering D-David Shaughnessey

11-22-23 38 min. W-David Kreizman D-Albert Alarr

11-23-23 40 min. W-Dave Ryan D-David Shaughnessey

I just found out that Charles's brother David is married to former writer Anne Schoettle & Amy is their daughter. Amy is often on UglyX, which used to be Twitter. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more more more

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today showed how disconnected the show is.  I am not sure why the Brady/Black family wasn't at Marlena's (happening off screen) and why the Hortons didn't have more people invited to their dinner.  That covers almost the entire cast between those 2 families.   Instead today was small groups of people in scenes alone and it missed the family/holiday vibe completely.  But, no Leo or Theresa, so I guess it's a win. 

• Members

Yeah, I get budget, but it still feels a little lazy.  There is no reason for Brady/Tate to be eating in an empty pub with not a single extra.  They could have been sitting on Marlena/John's couch and it would have seemed more natural.  There are subtle things the show could do to make interactions feel more connected. 

• Members

Exactly! We got the current version of the Robicheaux/Black/Evanses the other day for the anniversary including thoughtful gift Family Tree & it was John, Marlena, Brady, Eric, ... Do you think we are on an allowance & that is once a month, no more?! I guess so. No exceptions! Not even for a family holiday. I confess I do not like this. 

I know! I need to make a gratitude list for DAYS. This is going to be a challenge. You've given me the start. Grateful for a day without Leo, a day without FauxTheresa, cannot say a day without Gwen because she was in dialog, ... this is maybe a short list?

• Members

Hey, you! You forgot my lady! Julie was present & she deemed it Aw-kward! (And, she was right!) 

So disjointed! There is an echo in here! 

They should've could've done better! 

I did like Brady talking to Tate like a father. I did like Paulina & Chanel talking about the men in their lives. I did like Julie understanding the position she'd inadvertently put Stephanie & Chad in. 

Chad blurting out that he was firing Everett's ass ... gee, that was weird. Overall my word for the day is weird. 

• Members

On today's episode of DAYS we learn never to trust what a woman says they want.

Holly doesn't want to date Tate, and ghosts him over the phone.  So, what does the teen's father tell him?  Go over to her house and keep pursuing her no matter what.

Julie doesn't want Everett to write a story about her.  So, what does he do?  Walks into her house unannounced, and charm her until she invites him for dinner.

Chanel doesn't want Johnny to lead Holly on because she has a crush on him.  What does he do?  Lead her on and remain oblivious to her feelings.

On DAYS we learn that women are silly creatures, but if a man romances them (aka invade their space and exert their will), they'll do whatever a man wants.  Happy Thanksgiving!!

(today's synopsis used sarcasm which can be difficult to infer by the written word, of course I think we should believe all women, always)

Edited by j swift

• Members

It was just not the people I wanted to see today.  Definitely not the worst episode, but the groupings didn't make much sense outside Chanel, Paulina, Abe.   I see absolutely no reason for Stephanie not to spend Thanksgiving with her own parents.  Just to be awkward with Blake Berris?  Boring.  John/Steve are out of town for a case?  Weird.  This is the time when you pull those vets out.  Holly/Tate/Johnny/Chanel should not be carrying a Thanksgiving episode.

• Members

Brady mentioned Marlena having a Thanksgiving later which I guess we can assume Kayla got the invite?  I would think Brady, Eric/Sloan, and Belle would have been invited as well as Johnny.  I think possibly Roman/Kate as well?

Let's assume Maggie had her own on the Kiriakis side and that would include all of that clan, but you would also think Holly would have been included. 

The Dimera's all had explanations of where they were so the only people whose whereabouts are really unknown are Rafe, Jada, and Wendy/Tripp I think and I don't really care about what they were doing.  

Idk it was weird the show said Steve/John were on a case when we just would have assumed they were celebrating Thanksgiving off screen.  Maybe we will see some other sets of characters tomorrow still celebrating.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Ugghhh Leo 

Definitely not what I needed the morning after I ate a big Thanksgiving meal

Please register in order to view this content

And if he actually does feel sad and guilty, which I still doubt, then he totally deserves it. 

Idk why but I kind of like that foreshadowing of the baby being all fussy when Sloan holds him but all calm when Eric holds him. In some ways, I think that actually could play into this storyline. Giving it more notes to play and more dynamics to explore instead of just playing the same scenes over and over. 

As for the way Sloan’s scenes ended today, at first, it put a big smile on my face but then I remembered what that particular storyline/character arc is probably going to be and I just rolled my eyes. 

Dan and Ari are still killing it though. As much as this storyline seems all thrown together, it’s been nice to see them flex their acting muscles. They’ve really been given a chance to shine and DF hasn’t had that chance often since he took the role of EJ. 

And I see the Stefan-stache is finally starting to grow in as well But I’m with @j swift, why would a Dimera be so afraid of this random hillbilly that think he’s a crime boss? They could crush him like a bug and at the same time, keep Gabi safe. 

And as for what spoilers say Eric and Sloan are gonna name the baby, all I can say is…