Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Although I agree that there hasn't been enough exposition about Theresa's motives (perhaps because she doesn't have a talk-to). I think her objectives were clarified both in the scene with Konstantin when they revealed the con.

It is not about the money (Alex having the inheritance doesn't directly benefit Theresa because she'd be staying in his apartment either way).  She is punishing Xander.  Which is also why the writers are pairing Xander with Sarah because they want to maximize the audience support for Xander and why he deserves the Kiriakis fortune.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought sticking to Xander was one of the reasons Theresa agreed.  Not the sole reason because that's pretty flimsy.  

I don't necessarily think there needs to be much rooting value behind Xander to get the Kiriakis fortune.  It's his.  It's not like anyone likes Alex much anyway and Xander would obviously be very generous with Maggie.  He doesn't need Sarah for that.  To me, Xander clearly stands on his own as just a better character than Alex, so I think perhaps waiting for the reveal when Xander is confused and devastated and turns to Sarah would feel more organic and thought out.

• Members

It is well established that they hate each other.  He's done some pretty bad things to her, and he was partially responsible for the chain of events that led her to breakup with Brady.  So, there's that...

And, although Xander has been sympathetic recently, he has a sorted past.  Which is why it may have seemed important to undo the kidnapping death of Susan.

(btw thanks for reminding me that he's a Kiriakis not a Dimera

Please register in order to view this content

- it all gets mixed up sometimes)

Edited by j swift

• Members

Theresa definitely has a reason to hate Xander.  And Xander isn't a good guy imo.  I just think he's an overall better character than Alex.  It's been years since these things happened to her and she moved on with her life...until one day she didn't.  There hasn't been any indication she's been longing for Brady or plotting revenge against Xander for all these years until 3 months ago lol

I think undoing Susan's death was probably more to prop Ava than Xander so she could be paired with Steve Burton.  I don't doubt it was the plan all along since we could never be rid of Susan.

This year.  The story of Kate, Marlena, and Kayla dying was pretty heavily featured.  And then Kate's possible murder at the hands of BrainwashedBo and her disappearance.  I am not saying it was a great story, but she was used quite a bit.

• Members

I mean She also framed him for attempted rape so.....

Also Theresa Grew-up after her first 2/3 years to be self conscious she knew She framed Xander for attempted Rape and send him to jail being innocent (of this crime) and deserved his Dislike, so I feel she wouldn't normally cross him! Of course that's Ron Trying to rewrite History again!

Yes you are right about the die/undies this year, I guess I didn't consider it because it was a bad story, weirdly the only moment that sticked to my mind was Stephanie grieving, AK actually delivered in those! 

But I was wondering in between, has she gotten some central attention in between those 7 years? All in all I guess I should count her pretending to be blind then lol

• Members

Yeah, the narrative we have been hearing about Theresa is that she was a good mom and got her life together.  I am not saying she can't be a schemer, but I need a better reason than "I hate Xander".

I think Kate actually has been used quite a bit these last few years, but a lot of the time I felt she was weirdly inserted into stories or odd romances.  I think Kate has been a lost character for a long time that suffers without her children on the canvas.   I am not advocating taking LK off contract or anything, but sometimes I felt the show was using LK/Kate just because she was on contract not because the story dictated it.

• Members

I not saying it is a "good" reason, I'm just saying the motive is not money

To me, the really ridiculous part is that Theresa met Alex once, they made out, and then she decided to change his life and cause possible estrangement from his family.

Edited by j swift

• Members

YOU GOT ME! That's what I meant! The woman spent 30 years chasing wealth and all of a sudden is ok with being poor! Come on That makes no sense!

Where a Former CEO would be OK with being reduced to being a Barmaid?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I don't think Roman/Kate are poor.  Roman spent years on the police force/ISA and I assume the pub makes money even if we don't see any non main character customers.  It just feels a little quaint for Kate.  This is a life I could see Roman being satisfied with, but not Kate.  Last we heard (many, many years ago) Roman still owned Roman/Marlena's old house, so I am not sure why they don't just at least live there off screen.

• Members

ok so they're middle class, still i don't see Kate Happy with it, as you seem to agree, I was actually hoping they would work around it After Victor's Passing, I thought he would leave her something in the will, and it could also bring tension between her and Roman!