Days of Our Lives: November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It’s like they totally forgot that Clyde was broke when he was dating Nancy. Now he’s a mob boss? How is he paying anybody? When did he get back on his feet in prison?

The Abe/Nicole scenes were the highlight of the day for me. Such a great history laden relationship and James and Ari have such an easy familiar chemistry with each other.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

It's just so weird to me, the timing of it, juxtaposition of one month when she & Dee were on almost every single day & then the very next month, they knock her down from contract to recurring. I can see that she doesn't have much story. Maybe that will change if Lucas ever gets home from the slammer. I wish they could cast Gina Tognoni as Billie but I know there's no hope of getting old regulars back. 

Agree with the gang that Clyde being a powerful mucky-muck is a case of 'make it make sense.' Agree with the gang that Abe & Nicole was today's sweet spot. Pretty interesting that Eric is telling Sloan pointed bits out of Nicole's more sordid history. Samuel after Sami, I vote yes. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts

• Members

I knew if anyone on this board would feel the same as me, it was you. LK has never phoned it in a day on the show, you can find things for Kate to do. Like first off, release Lucas from prison. For some reason Lani and Lucas are the only two nice characters that have actually had to stay in prison for an extended stay and it’s dumb when you see who is walking around free in Salem

Please register in order to view this content

. Lucas gets out, Kate instantly has something to do. 

• Members

So do I

Plus, it really does explain how I’m feeling about this Stefan/Clyde partnership 

I chalk it up to people just forgetting previous storylines in order to make a current storyline work. 

And yeah, Stefan did go to visit Gabi but Clyde had somebody tell Stefan to meet with him too 

• Members

You're welcome, Donna, and I'll gladly accept a break from EOB1 also. But that's really a shame most of the credits were skipped by the time you saw the episode. Tomorrow morning I'll see if I can re-access them and let you know. And that sounds cool what The Doctors did with their credits. Are you familiar with the UK/Australian show Bergerac (a crime show starring John Nettles, from the 1980s; now available to U.S. viewers on Britbox)? Although, as I noted earlier, I pay attention only to certain credits and then for certain reasons, I pay attention to the Bergerac acting credits for the credits themselves--each major actor/role is listed separately over a photo of the person in the episode and actors with lesser but still decent parts are listed two to a screen. When an actor isn't so well known, it's great as you have a face to match to the name when you've just seen the episode. As for The Doctors, there were periods that I watched it, but my major "watches" when there were more soaps were All My Children and Dark Shadows (but missing most episodes of all of them once I had a 9-to-5 job). I especially miss seeing fresh episodes of AMC. Oh well...

• Members

I've heard of Bergerac but that's all & not saying much. My favorite Australian shows are soaps with Janet King & the actress who plays her, and other roles, uh-oh maybe somebody Dusselfdorf? I say I have watched some of so many soaps that it's easier to say which I have not & just that I have all of the rest. I have not watched Love of Life, The Secret Storm, Ryan's Hope, Dark Shadows, Passions, Young & Restless. And 2 of those "no shows" are strange because I so revere Labine & Bell. 

• Members

Yes, this really makes me sad. Sad for Lauren, sad for those who love to watch her, and sad for the show.

There is certainly every possibility that she can be recurring like Judi Evans is and have good scenes to play. DAYS has done recurring better than a lot of shows.

What I do not want to see is an unceremonious exit for Kate and LK. That is not how a character like Kate Roberts goes out. That is not how an actress like LK goes out. 

She has been a 27 year veteran of the show for an uninterrupted run. No one on the cast could claim that anymore.

• Members

Happy Thanksgiving y’all! 

I enjoyed the family scenes today, especially Brady/Tate. They actually have pretty good father-son chemistry. And yeah, Tate really has a great head of hair too

Please register in order to view this content

I still have no complaints about this Holly storyline either. Her recruiting Tate to try to break up Johnny/Chanel could be really good. It’ll be nice to see their relationship start to grow from there. They could use a friend though. A new character that goes to Salem High with them maybe? 

Btw, those Turkey sandwiches that Johnny and Holly made looked delicious

The Abe/Paulina scenes were nice too. I’m glad that Paulina was written with a little more subtlety. It’s sort of helping Abe to finally come around.

I have mixed feelings about how Everett ended up invited to the Horton Thanksgiving but I do think it was better than like Stephanie inviting him or something. I still find him totally creepy though. 

And, attaboy Doug! You run that Turkey trot! 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I wish they would have made Everett Nick's long lost twin or something.  I am not really feeling this character at all.

I have no idea why Chanel would be jealous of Holly.  I like how dimwitted Johnny always is and is of course clueless.

Why were Tate/Brady eating at the empty pub out of Styrofoam containers?    EOB might gel a little better as Theresa if we actually saw her interact with her own son lol

I am unsure why the show makes Doug seem super athletic and fit.  It's clear Bill Hayes is a 98-year-old man and not participating in turkey trots.  God Bless him, but he's not running races and killing it in racquetball.  It's a weird narrative for the show to continue.  

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!