SOD is ending it's weekly print edition

• Members

I'm surprised that the magazine lasted in print for as long as it did.. when the quality started to decline in the early 2000s.  And I had heard stories about the toxic office environment with Stephanie Sloane, Hinsey, etc.

The thing that really made me think that SOD was finally going to go away from being a print edition was the Locher Room interview with Sloane, Hinsey, etc... and I kept to thinking myself 'you're all living in the past and it's no wonder why SOD looks so poorly put together and a relic of the old days'.

I think that coverage in the magazine should have been more about interviews with actors on current and past soaps, more in depth opinions on the current stories on the 4 soaps, and maybe even a look back at past popular stories on current and old soaps.. maybe interview the headwriter/stars that recalled that story, etc.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Another they they liked to do: They recently did an anniversary spread for Becky Herbst for her 25th on GH, and all they did was spend the WHOLE interview asking her about her co stars. Nothing about her or anything like that

Ridiculous

Edited by dragonflies

• Members

Yeah, an end of an era.

I can only assume that how hard it was to get an issue in some areas did not help. The post office definitely hated them. 

I have had good memories, bad memories, and looked foward to the BEST AND WORST issues every year. So it will be missed. 

• Members

They were in an impossible position. Being overly critical resulted in the shows punishing them by limiting access. Yet lack of criticism drove readers away.

During my middle/high school years I'd often find an empty cashier lane at Publix and do my weekly SOD reading (no allowance, no job and frugality. Don't judge me.) Memories.