B&B October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Remember the Rena Sofer interview or statement where she said that B&B didn't renew her contract and just *assumed* she'd continue on recurring  -- but she said NO and didn't tape again (which is why Quinn's exit happened offscreen).
So it's interesting that GH offered a contract!

Meanwhile Rena said recently that she and her husband were planning to move to New York East Coast so she is doing this opportunity at GH before she moves.  I don't know how long her contract at GH is, or how long she will delay the move.  But still she got a contract.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It still mystifies me why they let Rena go from B&B. The storyline with Carter was one of the most interesting one the show had done in years IMO.

I really like the actress that plays Li. So, I hope this means we'll keep seeing more of her. I don't know why the show dropped the potential story of her and Bill becoming an item.

• Members

Unfortunately that's what this show does, they introduce stories that have potential, then it gets dropped with no follow through.  I agree about Quarter (Quinn & Carter), and Li and Bill.  Maybe Li and Bill can team up to take down Sheila, it's old but it would be something...Or simply have a meal and conversation, I mean I'd even settle for that. 

• Members

About time. Still a travesty that KKL doesn't get either the opening shot or the final shot. I'd be fine with JMcC opening and KKL closing, but it's not right that KKL is still in second position to him.

Other than Sheila (haha), is there really a debate that Brooke, not Eric, would be the defining actor during B&B's run? OC, if Moss and Flannery were around, it'd probably be a real debate.

Another reason why I'd like to see Brooke lead FC with Steffy(!) Honestly, Brooke is more of a Forrester than Ridge!

• Members

I'm not disputing KKL's place on the show, but in terms of opening placement, Eric/John McCook is the patriarch of the show and the Forresters.  I agree about Susan Flannery, over the years I think they rotated her and John McCook between first/last.  As for Brooke being more of a Forrester than Ridge egh she's a Logan more than anything.

Edited by Jeff

• Members

-- Is anyone feeling the Deacon/Sheila love affair? There's nothing there -- just two losers bonding over being losers.

-- How LAUGHABLE is it to see Brooke judge someone...anyone...for "shacking up" in the office? I mean, you gotta love the sense of humor these writers have. A flat out H O E -- former or not -- has no business commenting on anyone else getting the D, or where she gets it.

• Members

I think I'm still stunned that we actually got THREE storylines in one episode today: Hope & Thomas' toxic mess, RJ/Luna/Li, and the whole head scratching Deacon/Sheila thing. We've been getting episodes with at least two stories for a good bit of the writer's strike. It makes the show SO MUCH better to watch because if you're not into one story, there's still others being featured. I don't why the show can be structured like this every episode.

My fear is that when BB's material starts airing again since the strike is done, we'll go back to one storyline at a time that dominates every minute of every episode and usually has to do with Steffy/Hope/Liam with Ridge and Brooke thrown in. I cringe at just the thought of all those episodes that were just Liam and Wyatt repeating the same exact dialogue in that office over and over again.

• Members

The Li/Luna scenes actually hold my interest I’m curious what the backstory is going to be about why Li hates her sister and niece so much, especially it seems that Li barely knows anything about Luna.

At least Li is a nice throwback to the frosty, controlling yet messy mother type that use to dominate both the Bell shows.