B&B October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

-- There's NO chemistry between Hope and Finn. I hope to God that wasn't a chem test.

-- Shouldn't Eric do more designing instead of talking constantly about winning some competition against Ridge?

-- Sheila and Deacon continue to gross me out. WTF does Deacon see in her???

• Members

I tuned in once and saw a lovey dovey scene + either saw an article or a commercial about the lovey dovey brand new Sheila - and just nope.  It makes zero sense that these people only have each other to sleep with, date, etc. We've all said it.  The B&B LA consists of 10 people and isn't actually a city.  There's never been any explanation of where Sheila's endless money comes from - and she's not anything to be taken seriously - in the life of Sheila it's too late.  And yes, even in soaps it can be too late.  I would doubt even 1% of fans out there that are waiting to fall in love with Sheila.  They need to do the murder mystery and be done.

No connection to Y&R still - makes no sense.  Totally easy to do a decent crossover, wouldn't cost anything? Much?  Dunno.  Tracy and Lauren on a girls' trip to LA?  You know, maybe cross paths with Sheila?  Sally?  Anyone?  Is there any hope (Courtney Hope) that the person on the other end of the phone with that new girl is Sally?  I only saw her once in the Forrester living room in secret phone convo so that's who I thought of, or maybe Clark Garrison, or Macy?  I should look through the threads - some of you probably already know or it's already been reported.  That is one thing on B&B that interested me - and the Eric vs Ridge fashion COULD interest me but, it wasn't looking great with the silly "disbelief" of why on EARTH would ERIC BE WORKING AT HOME?  And Brooke and other characters - WHY on EARTH would he WORK AT HOME, I Mean it's SILLY!   To which I said....these characters.....after COVID.....think THIS is silly?  That....Eric would work on a collection at home, and this is something to OOOOOH and AHHHHH over???  Trash.

• Members

I hadn't heard that, but makes total sense.  It's much easier to do Liam/Hope/Steffy/(insert extraneous character) version 28.4.  He even uses almost the exact same dialogue - at this point, ChatGPT really could just do it.  I use it for work all the time - and once you have a passage, you can just ask it to rewrite what you give to it - in shorter form, longer form, more descriptions, etc. and it does it.  You literally could plug 1 page of dialogue in, and tell it to rewrite it and it will already come really really close to giving you something really good and brand new.  That's why the writers have protections after the strike.  

• Members

Hope & Finn……? Great. NOT!!

Please register in order to view this content

With that flashback at the end I have a bad feeling where this is going.

I was holding out for hope for the rumor/theory that Macy was her mother after that Bobbie Eakes interview was true lol but at least this should provide some temporary drama. 

And yeah CH’s Sally should still be on B&B as a viable character and viable rival to both Steffy and Hope. I don’t why Thudley dropped the ball there, and especially to sacrifice Sally for a character who’s not even on the show anymore. 

• Members

That flashback is typical BOLD, she was flashing back to the dialogue. They aren't going there, they're building these two as friends, future siblings cause of Sheacon.

They did the same with Steffy after loser kissed her, she would flashback cause she felt guilty not cause she enjoyed it. BOLD does this [!@#$%^&*] all the time lol

• Members

I'm finally caught up.  I agree with this.  I didn't read anything into the flashback other than Hope remembering her conversation with Finn.  Yeah, the show likes to do this. 

Please register in order to view this content

I mean they better not go there.