Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Days is bad really bad. I don't see how it could get worse. Ron Carlivati and Co. are bottom of barrel writers. The sets still look cheap as hell. Way too many Dimeras on canvas. This show really needs an overhaul. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Gosh, at this point, I'll just be happy if they can go out with a bang when they turn 60. Bring on as many characters/actors as possible (even if the character is dead; just make them appear as an angel, etc.), schmaltz it up like they used to do with going down memory lane with flashbacks, photobooks etc.  

Until then, it's gonna be crap city. So sad that DAYS will limp and crawl to its death. 

• Members

To be honest, DAYS has been on the brink of cancellation for 15 years now that I fully expect when the nuclear holocaust comes those that'll be left standing is cockroaches, Cher and Corday somehow plotting the next plan to "Save DAYS".

• Members

Don’t have much to say for today

Please register in order to view this content

I’m surprised Eli was so dumb today. He immediately suspected something was up with Nurse Whitley after just one conversation, yet didn’t have one question about the evidence regarding Abe. Usually, Rafe is the dumb one

• Members

When you add the lack of budget to the fact that most of the show's action stars are well into enjoying their AARP benefits, it might be time to scale back.  Instead of watching Marlena on a soap opera within a soap opera we could have seen her treat Talia or heard her counsel Belle about Shawn's drinking and grief. 

That being said, I agree with @te.  I honestly have been preparing for Days cancellation for years now and I genuinely don't find it significantly worse than it was 15 years ago.   The budget is laughable, but Days has been bad and silly for years.  Some of Ron's early work was probably the best stuff Days had in 20 years lol.  I don't think RC is very good and I make fun of this show all the time, but I really don't see a sharp decline in quality.  It's been bad quality since 2007 tbh.  That's not a ringing endorsement or anything.  I just don't think anything I saw in 2013 was much better than what I am seeing now.

• Members

Yeah, I know this is a terrible analogy, but I told a member here (via PM) that I find new headwriters (who come from a previous soap) similar to a NFL head coach. Like, they have all this zest, rigor, and aspirations with what they hope to accomplish for their team, but then after awhile (if their team still sucks), head coaches don't really care anymore. 

Edited by Noel