Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

So, it looks like May ended on a shitty (and rushed) note. 

Which really sucks because there are so many things on Days that could be better than what they are right now and I don’t think a budget or BTS issue is preventing all that. 

Oh well, it’s a new month and hopefully, June will start a lot better than May ended.

DISCUSS!

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Abe stuff was more amusing than I expected.  That bandage on his head made me chuckle (why did he have surgery for a concussion?).  It's just silly, but I was pleasantly surprised that Jaymes Reynolds was so capable at playing light comedy.  

I don't watch DAYS with the same expectations as other shows.  It is limited both in terms of production values and complexity.  But it is frequently a fun couple of minutes each morning (thank goodness for ad suppression).

• Members

How many guarantees does GR have?  Leo has appeared twice this week for no reason.  Plus, he always talks about his buddies and parties he goes to, but I thought he had no friends besides Gwen?  Colin spent about 30 minutes too long with Leo.  He should have punched him immediately.

Eric/Nicole were good.

I liked Marlena/Kayla talking.  The scenes weren't exciting or important, but it's nice to see two women talk like friends and have a casual conversation. 

Rafe is an idiot if he thinks Colin is going to try to escape with a geriatric man in a wheelchair lol.  That's a sure way to get caught lol. 

The Abe stuff is unbelievably silly.  I found it more entertaining than Leo, but that's truly not saying much. @j swiftAbe had a brain bleed or something from the concussion and had to get surgery to fix that.  

Super random EJ just popped up at the end of the episode like that. 

• Members

She seems to be a crazy plush cat lady with past due bills.  Which I can understand considering she had a huge ass cat tree house for her stuffed cats.  As a cat owner, I know those things are expensive!   My actual cat only has a scratching post because I am not paying for a 150 dollar cat tree!  I am also highly concerned she has pictures of real cats as photos.  Where did she get those? 

Please register in order to view this content

Anyhow, I think she's just planning to kidnap Abe for ransom from Paulina?   No sign she's QAnon yet, but that might be more interesting...

Edited by carolineg

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

Idk about the EJ/Nicole scene today.

I liked it, but I felt like there should have been more. Sort of like the Eric/Marlena scenes today; nothing really happened but we got really good insight into how Eric is feeling about this whole situation. I wish we would have gotten the same for EJ. Hopefully, this and everything else with Dimera will prompt him to taking a darker turn. 

I am intrigued by Megan’s plan though, and that she’s not gonna be falling for Gabi and Stefan’s crap. And considering that Bo is a part of her plans, maybe soon, we’ll get a return of Bo and Hope and the reunion that they and fans deserve. 

Btw, welcome to Salem, Harris and Dimitri!

• Members

LOL! This Nicole pregnancy is like the worst kept secret. I mean, the moment Anna found out about it, I knew Nicole was toast. 

Megan's presence inside the Dimera mansion feels so natural. I would like a true Queen to grace herself and snide at the common villagers of Salem, but I'm afraid if I get too attached to this fictional character, then I'm in for a let down as she'll probably be written like a Jan Spears or something and go looney tune bat sh!t cray, cray. It was nice to see Megan pour Stefan a drink as Stefan was the neurotic bartender several weeks ago making gimlets left and right for his brother. And he wouldn't stop with it either.

• Members

@JAS0N47 At what point will DAYS have produced the most continuous episodes of any show on a streaming platform?  It seems like there are a lot of shows with more than one 10-15 episode season.  But, I wonder if any other show has produced almost a year's worth of material released daily specifically for a streaming service?