Days: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hahahaha! Biscuit sex. 

Please register in order to view this content

Damn, that's serious. I still don't like her though, lol! But, damn. Realness right there.

Edited by Noel

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@AbcNbc247I believe *some* of the issue with Belle/Shawn is availability.  I don't think Martha lives in California.  Last I heard she lived in Texas with her family and they have a restaurant out there and Martha actually works in hospitality recruiting as well.   I don't think she's ever unwilling to appear although I would assume they block tape her stuff when she's in town and that might explain the gaps.  I do believe she said she would make accommodations (like getting a secondary LA residence) if Days hired her back full time, but they obviously don't so I think we are just stuck sporadic appearances.  It also looks like her husband is a very successful restaurateur and she's quite involved so maybe Martha just doesn't really care about Days being her full time gig.   It doesn't excuse Days misuse of the couple, but I think it explains a little lol.

Anyway, so many things had to fall into place for Sloan's plan to work.  How Kayla didn't demand to test both men at the hospital once they knew boggles the mind.  She just trusted a bunch of civilians with no medical training to do this test?   Even if Sloan was honest she could have screwed the test up.  I've messed up those at home Covid tests lol.  Do DNA test show gender?  I have heard different things.  

I have always thought Xander/Chloe had chemistry.  I wish Xander didn't sell her to a drug lord or whatever because they could be decent.  A Brady/Xander/Sarah/Chloe quad wouldn't be the worst thing even if I despise Sarah.

• Members

I like your quad idea. I must be the exact type of fan Ron likes because I’ve pretty much either forgotten or got over all of Xander’s bad past deeds. It’s probably because I find the actor very charming and I’m so happy he’s away from damn Gwen.

• Members

I don't mind Xander and I don't mind him having love interests or being a lead.  I just don't like the fact that Chloe was one of his victims and it wasn't a minor misdeed.  I can get over it because obviously I watch a show where Ben is a romantic lead, but it taints the romance. 

I honestly dislike Sarah more than Gwen.  I don't like Gwen at all, but I still think she has potential if the show moves her away from all the unlikeable characters she interacts with.   Nothing the show has given her seems to stick and it's probably just best to get rid of her, but I still like the actress.  LG just grates on my nerves in every scene as Sarah although a recast might help save the character.  

• Members

We don’t know yet. Because the only sample that was tested was Sloan’s 

I thought that restaurant closed down

I hope something changes in the future though, especially if Martha is willing. This storyline is too important to show up only once every few weeks 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Maybe? I found a restaurant her husband was attached to in Dallas and assumed it was the same one.  Actually clicking on the website shows it's coming soon, so TBD on that.  Between deep diving Martha Madison and her husband and looking up Eden McCoy's social media today I have embarrassed myself enough in 24 hours.   Since the soap press cares about MM about as much as Days I just assumed her situation was the same as it was lol. 

Agreed about the story.  My feelings about Belle are clear, but I'd rather cut all of Leo's scenes and give them to Shawn/Belle.

• Members

Today reminded me that Leo's worst crime is how Diana's character was thrown under the bus for him. That would be the first thing I would fix before sending him away from Salem forever. It sickens me that he's her son and whatever the hell that notDiana return was. 

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

Diana wasn't thrown under the bus for Leo... because Diana was never given an actual character other then what Genie Francis infused into the character.. which changed quite a bit.

Genie Francis spoke about how it was frustrating to play Diana because the show never gave her an actual character to play.  In fact, she said Diana was a bit part that they expanded once Days secured her.   And she did leave mysteriously by slicking her hair back, putting on a wig and leaving in the night.  So maybe what we saw was the real Diana

Edited by Soaplovers

• Members

Welcome back, Tripp 

I’m glad Tripp is back in Salem and I like that he’s planning on being more assertive. He doesn’t deserve to get hurt again. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if some people in the Soap Universe are gonna be mad about his lines today

Hopefully, we get some scenes of Johnny/Tripp and Wendy/Chanel. There haven’t been that many lately and this storyline definitely needs them. I think weaving Talia into it would be a good idea as well. She needs a new man now that the Colin storyline is over. 

Rafe is still dumb. There really are no security cameras at that hospital that could have shown that Colin didn’t take Abe??

Speaking of Abe, his storyline is total ff material. James Reynolds deserves so much better than this. 

• Members

I still think if the show wants a successful Tripp pairing, have a young vixen set her sights on him and actually win him. Thought this might happen with Claire, but to no avail. Having him fall for these Mary Sue type characters he's bound to lose out esp. under Ron's pen. 

• Members

Did the show ever explain why Belle was defending Talia?  Isn't that weird since Paulina/Chanel are her clients and also hypocritical because she hates Sloan for harassing Paulina/Chanel lol?  Since it's Belle I am going to assume the show did not bother to explain.

Johnny really needs a haircut.  I think there is so much potential with Johnny/Chanel/Tripp/Wendy/Talia, but right now everyone is so boring.   I am glad Tripp is being assertive, but Wendy has lost a lot of the original spark that I liked about her.

If the show wants us to think Paulina and Julie are BFF they should probably show them together more than once a year.

@AbcNbc247The Abe story is ridiculous, but I assume James Reynolds is just happy to get a story. 

• Members

I’m hoping that they do that with Talia. She could get a job at the hospital and start to fall for Tripp, which pisses off not only Wendy, but Chanel too 

Poor guy

Or brainwash him into believing that he’s married to Dominique Deveraux

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Wendy and Tripp were the best part of todays episode. I love that Tripp now has that cocky swagger, but still is a good guy at heart. Him and Wendy talking about her relationship with her father and how she felt like she’d never be in the position to have guys fighting over her was really nice.

And Tripp looked really good too

Their scenes got a little catty and campy when Johnny showed up, which didn’t need to happen. It was fine just the way it was. I hope this storyline remains a serious one. And it’s well past time for Tripp and Johnny to have a brawl

I had mixed feelings about Jada today. She was great in her scenes with Talia, but really annoying in her scenes with Sloan. She’s practically in the same position as Sloan but yet doesn’t seem to realize it. 

Edited by AbcNbc247